Paintastic?

• Yes

Votes: 38 92.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

LoveSpreader

Terrarian
Greetings, fellow Terrarians. Today, I shall dip my fingers in a canister of, haha, wet paint. ;)

These weapons will be sold by the Steampunker, if the painter is available:

85thxmS.png

Paintinator

2 Platinum Coins
Half of Clentaminator's Range
Paint Canisters as ammo
Paints Both Blocks and Walls(or if left/right click can be implemented, left for blocks, right for walls)

r33NLrV.png

Paintzooka

1 Platinum Coin
The explosion radius will equal to Rocket IV's
Paint Canisters as ammo
Paints Both Blocks and Walls

9ePCbAI.png

Paintray

50 Gold Coins
Normal Paints as ammo
Paints the first block it hits

7MrU2bO.png

Paint Vacuum

1 Platinum Coin
Same range as Paintinator
Sucks all paints(left-blocks, right-walls if possible)

kdcROYP.png

Now for some accessories to go with the tools.​

h7O3rHT.png

Paintdrip

Accessory
15 Gold Coins
Bought from Travelling Merchant
Will make paint work like rope/chain. If you're painting a block/Wall with a Brush or a Roller, the paint will keep going until it hits an empty space, or wall/block respectively. This won't work with the weapons I've introduced.

Low/High-Pressure Inkjet
Accessories
50 Gold Coins each
Bought from Travelling Merchant after one mech boss
These will work with Paintinator and Paintzooka
High-Pressure will increase Paintinator's range to 3/4 of Clentaminator, Low-Pressure will decrease Paintinator's range to 1/4 of Clentaminator. For Paintzooka, they will increase/decrease the explosion radius by 2 blocks respectively. You can't wear them at the same time.

emUDfFW.png

Masking Tape

Item
25 Copper Coins
Bought from Painter
Credits to @Scironex for this little gem
You can put it on blocks or walls like an actuator, and whenever any type of painting tool is used, the blocks/walls covered by it won't change color. Removed by paintscrapper.

Another new item(or rather, a range of items) I propose is the Paint Canisters for the ammo. These will be crafted at the Steampunk Boiler. 10 Normal Paints make one Paint Canister.

I think these will be useful for builders if they want to paint or remove them in a big project(or just making a giant pink tower). The Paintray more for fun than anything else.

The sprites were made by @Chadwick

Let me know what you think, folks.:dryadsmile:

Last edited:
Wow. To think a suggestion about paint is not floating at all. Probably shouldn't have made it on the same day of new 1.3 spoilers.

The problem with most "super painting tool" suggestions is that they lack precision. I don't think I've ever come across a situation where I said "I need to barf paint all over this general area". What I've often needed is more along the lines of "I want to paint a stripe down this whole hallway" or "I want a convenient way to paint this thick wall, but not the decorations on it".

This is indeed more a "blow up a can of paint and see what happens", than a "super smart painting tool". It's also for spreading paint all over an area where precision is not entirely necessary.

I think the closest we can come to that is by introducing some sort of painting tool/accessory that would allow one to paint horizontally/vertically, just by standing on in one place.

Hmm... I'll give it some thoughts and update the OP soon. I think I might have a couple of ideas that would be ideal. :dryadsmile:

Added several accessories, nerfed Paintinator's range to allow for customization and precision. I'd appreciate the feedbacks, people. :dryadhappy:

I would suggest that you add an item that prevents specific blocks from being painted. Like, say, masking tape. This would make the Paintinator less awkward to use and more generally useful.

I would suggest that you add an item that prevents specific blocks from being painted. Like, say, masking tape. This would make the Paintinator less awkward to use and more generally useful.
Hmm.... I was about to say something long-winded about filters and whatnot(went off-track:dryadtongue:), but that sounds like a neat idea. I'll add it into the OP.

Hm, I don't normally like to suggest things relating to items that aren't in game yet (who knows what might change) , but perhaps an item tinkered with the Laser Ruler to allow you to "draw" and paint rectangles or long vertical/horizontal strips your mouse. Well I suppose it doesn't need to relate to it... but it would make sense....anyway you should get the idea.

Also What about adding "paint thinner" type item ,rather than the vacuum, that you could load into the various paint weapons to remove paint.

How about a "Paintrain", a wooden club with one of those pointy metal paintbrushes stabbing through it? btw, I used a paintbrush once that was so sharp it cut through the paper I was drawing on... it was like a pen but ending with a nail-like point with a tiny bit of bristles at the end, i think it was for fine details and not actually touching the paper with the point...

How about a "Paintrain", a wooden club with one of those pointy metal paintbrushes stabbing through it? btw, I used a paintbrush once that was so sharp it cut through the paper I was drawing on... it was like a pen but ending with a nail-like point with a tiny bit of bristles at the end, i think it was for fine details and not actually touching the paper with the point...
An actual weapon? I'll consider it. :dryadhappy:

Hm, I don't normally like to suggest things relating to items that aren't in game yet (who knows what might change) , but perhaps an item tinkered with the Laser Ruler to allow you to "draw" and paint rectangles or long vertical/horizontal strips your mouse. Well I suppose it doesn't need to relate to it... but it would make sense....anyway you should get the idea.
It does sound neat, but I'll refrain for now. Thanks for the idea though. :dryadgrin:

Also What about adding "paint thinner" type item ,rather than the vacuum, that you could load into the various paint weapons to remove paint.
Not sure I want to add that much realism into Terraria paints.

Now with sprites, made by @Chadwick :dryadsmile:
7MrU2bO.png
9ePCbAI.png
r33NLrV.png
9ePCbAI.png
emUDfFW.png
h7O3rHT.png
85thxmS.png

I like the Paintinator, I have wanted one myself. I tried to make a thread about it, I was directed here.
Masking tape would also be used by me.
I see a lot of Trolling with the Paint Ray & Paintzooka on servers.
I'd probably use the vac.
PaintDrip... Meh
The Inlet, and Tape, would be moderately useful.

Back
Top Bottom