Mobile A Potential Fix to the Shortened Diurnal Cycle/Lowered Spawnrate

Good fix for the spawn rate/day-night cycle?

• Yes, I love it!

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Good, I have some improvements though.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No, this idea needs a ton of improvements.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • No! For the love of all that is Red no!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please state below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Andy0132

Terrarian
Once the WoF has been defeated, diurnal cycles and spawn rates are buffed to 80% of PC in normal areas/non-events, and 100% for areas with high spawn rates/events (eclipse, invasion, etc...). This escalates to 100% across everything once Plantera has been defeated. Before the WoF, diurnal cycles and spawn rates will remain unchanged, with the exception of the dungeon, which will be buffed to 75% of the PC Spawnrate. During boss fights and invasions regardless of what has been beaten, the diurnal cycle will be at 100% of the PC diurnal cycle.

In short, for lazy people:
  1. Diurnal Cycles and Spawnrates scale to stage of gameplay
  2. Boss fights and invasions will have the full spawn rate and diurnal cycle
  3. The above does NOT apply to blood moons pre-hardmode

So, what of it? Yes, no, pie is good?
Please send feedback, and best of wishes.

Andy0132

EDIT:
In the event that certain devices are incapable of handling such massive enemy spawn rates, I have added, as per the wishes of the posters and myself, a slider for spawn rates. Naturally, you can only access each at a point - you won't be having Post-Plantera Spawnrates and diurnals before you kill your first slime.

Last edited:
Once the WoF has been defeated, diurnal cycles and spawn rates are buffed to 80% of PC in normal areas/non-events, and 100% for areas with high spawn rates/events (eclipse, invasion, etc...). This escalates to 100% across everything once Plantera has been defeated. Before the WoF, diurnal cycles and spawn rates will remain unchanged, with the exception of the dungeon, which will be buffed to 75% of the PC Spawnrate. During boss fights and invasions regardless of what has been beaten, the diurnal cycle will be at 100% of the PC diurnal cycle.

In short, for lazy people:
  1. Diurnal Cycles and Spawnrates scale to stage of gameplay
  2. Boss fights and invasions will have the full spawn rate and diurnal cycle
  3. The above does NOT apply to blood moons pre-hardmode

So, what of it? Yes, no, pie is good?
Please send feedback, and best of wishes.

Andy0132
Thank you! Some send this to codeglue!

A regular night on PC is a blood moon with water candles on mobile. A water candle on PC is jungle mud to increase Spawnrate + water candles + blood moon + battle potion + 3 other friends on mobile.
[DOUBLEPOST=1427161831][/DOUBLEPOST]Alright, what improvements do I need? (Talking to the one who voted "No, improvements needed")

Actually, you're the one that is allowed to do it. You can press that report button on your first post, and ask a moderator to move it to the Game Mechanics Suggestion Subforum or something else. They'll see it.
I felt that it would get a wider mobile-playing audience if I put it here, besides, there is no mobile forum for that sort of stuff.

As much as i like this idea, there's a big problem - the reason the Mobile version has lesser spawn rates is because many mobile devices can't handle it otherwise. As long as there's a variety of types of mobile devices on the market, it would be difficult/controversial/unfavorable to implement.

As much as i like this idea, there's a big problem - the reason the Mobile version has lesser spawn rates is because many mobile devices can't handle it otherwise. As long as there's a variety of types of mobile devices on the market, it would be difficult/controversial/unfavorable to implement.
There could be an option to toggle it on and off, as people have suggested before.

There could be an option to toggle it on and off, as people have suggested before.
I don't know much about programming, but I feel as if simply having the option there in the code could still be too much to handle for some mobile devices, regardless of whether or not it was ever actually used.

I don't know much about programming, but I feel as if simply having the option there in the code could still be too much to handle for some mobile devices, regardless of whether or not it was ever actually used.
The code would just not be active, just take space. I think at least.

Back
Top Bottom