A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well you could always import some stuff into new worlds. you'd have to build the new biomes by scratch but they should work considering you can build crimson in a Corruption world and have both biomes involved.

Yeah! I'm so hyped for this update! ;)
[doublepost=1487882374,1487882325][/doublepost]But, one question, how will the yo-yo function work?
[doublepost=1487882629][/doublepost]Or will there be no yo-yos?

no yoyos unfortunately unless they decide to put them in last minute. I don't think they will though. We're already pushing limits on the system's RAM

Yo-yos are definitely coming to 1.3 on PS4/XB1 and eventually mobile. They'll probably work similar to how items like the magic missile already works.

As for concerns over RAM, 1.3 is going to increase that no matter what. The consoles will be fine, mobile may require people to buy better devices to keep up.

hell if it works well then it's cool regardless. the closest thing to yoyos old gen has is the flails

Why move? I recommend keeping it untouched as a time capsule. When 1.3 arrives, I recommend starting a new world+character and start over from scratch. That way you get a chance to enjoy all the lower tier items that have been added in 1.3.
I would but I like to keep things convenient so I really only need to go to a different world to farm or defeat certain bosses again
[doublepost=1487909419,1487909145][/doublepost]
no yoyos unfortunately unless they decide to put them in last minute. I don't think they will though. We're already pushing limits on the system's RAM
Why would yo yos not work I thought they worked like the pirrana gun but with less effective range or like a flail when you hold the attack button and are able to swing it around

When will you release a video on expert ocram?

Why would yo yos not work I thought they worked like the pirrana gun but with less effective range or like a flail when you hold the attack button and are able to swing it around
He was specifically talking about the 3DS version, which has indeed had support for further content patches ended. The context was originally ambiguous though.

Really excited for 1.3 on console, a couple of questions though:

1. In the PC / Console comparison video, you show the Console version using a mouse cursor, is this part of the update? Are we getting Mouse and keyboard support as per MS Phil Spencers ideology of giving console users the ability to use a keyboard and mouse?

2. In the next update, will the map shadowing be the same as the PC version, I.e unexplored areas are not shown in the big map, would be nice if this issue was addressed otherwise its basically: Terraria: Dig, Build, and we'll help you find ore via color coordination :)

Any updates guys?

Also, I am currently fighting a war about buying terraria for my Xbox One. My parents refuse to let me buy because they think I got it for "free" on mobile. They apparently forgot I gave them 5 bucks and asked to buy it...:sigh:

I really hope they fix the colors or textures for iron silver and platinum ore/ingots cause they look all the same to me and I feel like this is a real issue and I'm not color blind in any way and it's very hard to tell the difference
[doublepost=1488085544,1488085409][/doublepost]
He was specifically talking about the 3DS version, which has indeed had support for further content patches ended. The context was originally ambiguous though.
But still the yo yos should work the same as a flail ?
[doublepost=1488085665][/doublepost]
I would like to see an actual Ocram based weapon that shares his color scheme.
And it shoots demon scythes like the true nights edge.

I really hope they fix the colors or textures for iron silver and platinum ore/ingots cause they look all the same to me and I feel like this is a real issue and I'm not color blind in any way and it's very hard to tell the difference
[doublepost=1488085544,1488085409][/doublepost]
But still the yo yos should work the same as a flail ?
[doublepost=1488085665][/doublepost]
And it shoots demon scythes like the true nights edge.
The ores will probably get updated with the newer textures on pc, so no worries there.

Yoyos don't work like flails though, you can keep them out and target specific places. They work decently on controller in the pc version, and I'd expect them to work the same on consoles.

Doesn't Ocram have enough knockoffs associated with him already? I think he should get one thing that's just his special quirk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom