A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comic Sans... shudders. Jokes aside, all I want to know is, are you guys planning on porting Terraria to Nintendo Switch, with 1.3+ content? I imagine the console is quite a bit more powerful than 7th gen hardware, even the Wii U was more powerful than the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Good day, Terrarians and a Happy 2017 from Pipeworks!

It has been a few months since we announced our taking over the work on Terraria for Console and Mobile; including a full rebuilding of the Console/Mobile codebase. We are happy today to be able to give you an update on progress - and to showcase some of what is coming your way on the road to 1.3 for Xbox One & PS4!

The video above contains a few snippets from our latest build - contrasted with the identical content from the PC version of Terraria so that you can see our end goal of "one Terraria experience" coming to fruition. We hope you join us in our excitement when you see this small taste of what we are building for each of you; including a new "friend" who is dying to meet you.

Keep in mind that this is a pre-alpha build so you may notice some bugs appear, however we couldn’t hold off any longer releasing some footage!

So, what about timing? Glad you asked:

Console
  • Our work is progressing on-schedule, and we are really pleased with the progress thus far!
  • We are quite close to moving to Alpha and beginning the rigorous testing/QA process in partnership with our friends at Re-Logic.
  • Target Timing for release of Console 1.3 remains Q2 2017.

Mobile
  • Our plan is to utilize good portions of what we have built and learned with the console rebuild as we work to build a similar "One Terraria" experience on mobile devices.
  • Of course, there will still be a good bit of work needed on mobile-specific areas (UI, Controls, etc) beyond getting that core foundation solid.
  • Target Timing for release of Mobile 1.3 remains a few months after Console, so you can expect this in the second half of 2017; hopefully sooner rather than later!

The Pipeworks team is quite pleased with the progress the team has made thus far and continues to make every day. We are even more thrilled to give you a sneak peek at some content that will be arriving soon!

Will this re-build fix player connection quality in any way? Because that is a very big problem for us players on console...multi-player is near impossible.

It's been a long time. Earlier, I had created a new character for Expert Mode, and I can't believe how fun it was to start over again! Thank you Red, Cenx, Loki, D-Town, Skiphs, Jimmarn, Crowno, Lazure, Yoraiz0r, Arkhalis, Food Barbarian, Leinfors, m4sterbr0s, TGS, TrinityFlash,Ignoritus, Valtteri, Namyrr, Devalaous, rbrandon, Baih, Blahblahbal, jeckel, Kelp, Aeroblop, Unrealmegashark, Omnir, Ghostar, Tsuki, Suweeka, scizor300, shockah, BurnZeZ, Doylee, Kley, Twitchy, Anodomani, Conker, Cheah Jun Siang, Olink, Lils, iRandomness, Elbow, JesusLlama, FallingSnow, Brandon Thomas, DMF, Luna Meier, qig, as303298, Vandarx, Mystery, Mamaluigi, Garrison, Quill, Andydark, Grox, General Milky, Chris Ness, Yrimir, and anyone else who was involved in the making of the game. Thank you so much for creating such an expansive game!!

Ahh it's great to see gameplay but I did notice the console gameplay was significantly slowed down.... must be bcuz it's only in pre-alpha but I love all of u guys and I can't wait for moon lord pipeworks u guys/gals are legends

Please please please do NOT change the UI. Please do NOT make the console versions UI the same as PC. What ever you do to try and make this game better. THAT is the one thing you should not change to the pc version.

Please please please do NOT change the UI. Please do NOT make the console versions UI the same as PC. What ever you do to try and make this game better. THAT is the one thing you should not change to the pc version.
From the screenshots in the previous announcement thread I think that ship has already sailed.

It's been a long time. Earlier, I had created a new character for Expert Mode, and I can't believe how fun it was to start over again! Thank you Red, Cenx, Loki, D-Town, Skiphs, Jimmarn, Crowno, Lazure, Yoraiz0r, Arkhalis, Food Barbarian, Leinfors, m4sterbr0s, TGS, TrinityFlash,Ignoritus, Valtteri, Namyrr, Devalaous, rbrandon, Baih, Blahblahbal, jeckel, Kelp, Aeroblop, Unrealmegashark, Omnir, Ghostar, Tsuki, Suweeka, scizor300, shockah, BurnZeZ, Doylee, Kley, Twitchy, Anodomani, Conker, Cheah Jun Siang, Olink, Lils, iRandomness, Elbow, JesusLlama, FallingSnow, Brandon Thomas, DMF, Luna Meier, qig, as303298, Vandarx, Mystery, Mamaluigi, Garrison, Quill, Andydark, Grox, General Milky, Chris Ness, Yrimir, and anyone else who was involved in the making of the game. Thank you so much for creating such an expansive game!!
The Terraria console and mobile ports are not developed by the PC team. Practically none of the people listed here are involved in the current development process.

If you want to know more about the development team, check out the Meet the Team articles in this forum. They consist of short interviews with several of the people working on the game.

I sincerely hope it will still be possible to exit without saving. That feature has saved me several times from inflicting damage to my saves due to buggy updates. On PC there's no such option (unless you count Alt-F4).

I sincerely hope it will still be possible to exit without saving. That feature has saved me several times from inflicting damage to my saves due to buggy updates. On PC there's no such option (unless you count Alt-F4).

I'm hoping we don't get the pc UI for console. This is console. The console UI works. I don't want to be moving a cursor over the screen to do things. If I wanted to do that I would play it on pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom