A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it? I would have thought that any modded items would be patched out with the update and rework.
All the items in terraria have a set number used to sort/identify them but since the dev items on console use different set numbers than the obtainable versions on PC a update to change the set number could replace values and cause glitches/corruption to said items and character's Wich has happened in other games

Friendly reminder that the streamers aren't even developers and are just "community managers" of Pipeworks.
And would it kill to be patient? We're in the Q2 range. Not much waiting from here.

Friendly reminder, maybe next time watch a stream, a developer was sat on stream playing, not sure where you're getting that their just "community managers" because one of the team who was on stream was someone who does QA for the game from what I heard, not exactly the job of a CM

As for being patient, i think people have waited long enough for Terraria to catch up to the PC versions

Friendly reminder, maybe next time watch a stream, a developer was sat on stream playing, not sure where you're getting that their just "community managers" because one of the team who was on stream was someone who does QA for the game from what I heard, not exactly the job of a CM
Friendly reminder, maybe next time watch MORE THAN ONE of the streams, because the previous three streams were JUST community managers and the developer on the latest stream was a SPECIAL GUEST.
I might even start from scratch when the update comes out. new characters and new worlds
Honestly, if you want to fully experience all the new content in 1.3, you'll have to make a new world, because old worlds cannot be made into expert mode and expert mode is required for you to get useful items like the demon heart which lets you have seven accessories and seven vanity accessories, and the worm scarf which reduces all damage taken by 17% (probably the most useful accessory in the game, excluding wings)

I might even start from scratch when the update comes out. new characters and new worlds
Yeah I'm GOING to too because after you beat Moonlord you're not going to do much on that world:happy:
[doublepost=1492995755,1492995562][/doublepost]
Friendly reminder, maybe next time watch MORE THAN ONE of the streams, because the previous three streams were JUST community managers and the developer on the latest stream was a SPECIAL GUEST.

Honestly, if you want to fully experience all the new content in 1.3, you'll have to make a new world, because old worlds cannot be made into expert mode and expert mode is required for you to get useful items like the demon heart which lets you have seven accessories and seven vanity accessories, and the worm scarf which reduces all damage taken by 17% (probably the most useful accessory in the game, excluding wings)
I think the shiny stone is one of the best accessories in the game

Friendly reminder

Friendly reminder, yellow text is mainly for the Autistic kids not normal people, and this was my 1st stream viewing, the point I was making ( which btw was in reply to Instafiz not you ) is that a developer was on stream when i watched, A 2 B conversation so C yourself out M8

I hope that the original torch animation (1.2 torch animation), the auto-aim feature (it was broken as codeglue updated the mobile in easter) and the use of any controller (not only Moga and Logitech) will be implemented in mobile on the Reset+1.3 update.

I also hope that the console and mobile will received the update (1.3) will less or no bugs at all so it will be worth the wait.

Anyways, I am so hyped about the update and also for new news coming from pipeworks and 505 Games.

Friendly reminder, yellow text is mainly for the Autistic kids not normal people, and this was my 1st stream viewing, the point I was making ( which btw was in reply to Instafiz not you ) is that a developer was on stream when i watched, A 2 B conversation so C yourself out M8
@MBraderz - that comment is completely uncalled for. Using a mental/neurobehavioral condition to insult people or their opinions is not going to be tolerated on this forum. I trust that there won't be a repeat of this sort of thing from you.

------------------

I'll attempt to set the record straight on who the livestream participants from Pipeworks are:
  • Liz Lambert, who has 'hosted' the last several streams, is a QA (quality assurance) tester. She works daily with the Pipeworks developers working on the reset/1.3 versions for console and mobile.
  • Earnest Cavilli is the Pipeworks community manager for Terraria. He hosted the first few streams on his own, and now monitors the stream chat. You can still hear him off-camera during the stream at times.
  • There has been a rotation of guests on the recent streams with Liz. These have been developers who actively work on Terraria daily. You can likely find bios of some of these people here,
In short - there are both developers and community managers in the streams.

As for what they show and talk about in the streams - it's up to Re-Logic and Pipeworks management jointly as to when and what is shown about 1.3 on console (and ultimately mobile). The streamers have frequently commented that they wish they could show/talk about things now, but they don't have permission to do so yet. They are obviously excited and engaged in their work, and seem to feel that they will be delivering a product within the expected time range (this fiscal quarter) that will be worthy of the Terraria name and make people happy.

The mobile update is supposed to be released a few months after console, so we should receive it in Q3, which i hope will totally remake the mobile version. I can't wait for that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom