A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I use this glitch for duplicating money and pets (pets are useless,so...).
I used this for coin dupe because the other glitch (Coin Gun + Shroomite Ammo reservation) is too slow, but would give the same result.

Yeah, I use this glitch for duplicating money and pets (pets are useless,so...).
I used this for coin dupe because the other glitch (Coin Gun + Shroomite Ammo reservation) is too slow, but would give the same result.
You know, you could have just sent a private message to whoever you wanted to teach this duplication glitch to, because now the developers might see your post and patch it out of the game.

It's not a glitch, and as I said there isn't much the devs can do to fix it anyways. Save scumming is where you make a change, such as giving an item to someone, then restoring the old save that still has the item, making a second copy in the process. The methods to stop it would require a pretty big rewrite of the way the game handles things, and probably isn't worth the work anyways.

The item duplication 'feature' of Terraria has been in the game for 6 years - it isn't going to be patched out. Items have no intrinsic value inside or outside of the game, and no one can tell a duped item from a 'legit' one. Trading of items is only for entertainment purposes - some people just like to trade things.

The Coin Gun pretty much assumes that you're going to dupe/trade/invedit (PC only) coins to make it viable as a go-to weapon. The devs are well aware of this. There are other guns as good or better, so it's really a personal choice to use it and to use whatever method to obtain ammunition.

Other 'glitches' - like liquid duplication and hoiks - have become integral to the game experience, and as long as they don't cause other problems are probably going to remain.

The devs are aware of most if not all of the glitches, and you can always report them in the Console Bugs section.

Correct! I'm helping a little bit with 1.3.5 glitches that I noticed in some videos and/or playthroughs, like Python's glitch (he got 2 Tactical Shotguns from 1 Skeleton). Always good to see that Terraria is in good hands as the devs' .

The item duplication 'feature' of Terraria has been in the game for 6 years - it isn't going to be patched out. Items have no intrinsic value inside or outside of the game, and no one can tell a duped item from a 'legit' one. Trading of items is only for entertainment purposes - some people just like to trade things.

The Coin Gun pretty much assumes that you're going to dupe/trade/invedit (PC only) coins to make it viable as a go-to weapon. The devs are well aware of this. There are other guns as good or better, so it's really a personal choice to use it and to use whatever method to obtain ammunition.

Other 'glitches' - like liquid duplication and hoiks - have become integral to the game experience, and as long as they don't cause other problems are probably going to remain.

The devs are aware of most if not all of the glitches, and you can always report them in the Console Bugs section.
I am the proud member of legit non-cheat players that don't use glitches to get advantage in game. Shame on you glitchers.
I don't use cloud save duplication too. I see it unfair to ue it.

I am the proud member of legit non-cheat players that don't use glitches to get advantage in game. Shame on you glitchers.
I don't use cloud save duplication too. I see it unfair to ue it.
I do use and know it's wrong BUT I have completed it like 10 times so after all that I just like more of the 1 ankh shield I have to my name.What I'm trying to say is that it is wrong but after a long time of farming you want as many you can to have your characters strong
[doublepost=1494189780,1494189669][/doublepost]
I do use and know it's wrong BUT I have completed it like 10 times so after all that I just like more of the 1 ankh shield I have to my name.What I'm trying to say is that it is wrong but after a long time of farming you want as many you can to have your characters strong
I only use the item duplication glitch not the world dup glitch.As soon as the next update comes out(1.3) I will delete all characters and my worlds so I get a fresh start.

Different strokes for different folks. This isn't some competitive online game where cheating is unfair to someone. This is the kid that plays Nintendo games with a game genie, he only affects himself and maybe some friends. It's harmless behavior and no one needs to be shamed for it. As has been pointed out already, I'd say the devs feel the same way.

[doublepost=1494189780,1494189669][/doublepost]
I only use the item duplication glitch not the world dup glitch.As soon as the next update comes out(1.3) I will delete all characters and my worlds so I get a fresh start.
I bought the game and I will play it as it's intended and as far as I'm concerned glitches are apart of the game as well. I don't need you to tell us to be shameful.
You are weak. If you need glitches you might not play it as well as it's to difficult to you but if you want to use glitches, fine. Just don't show off your "skill".
"Oh (insert name here) you use glitches and basically cheat, your skill must be very high" said never by no-one.

You are weak. If you need glitches you might not play it as well as it's to difficult to you but if you want to use glitches, fine. Just don't show off your "skill".
"Oh (insert name here) you use glitches and basically cheat, your skill must be very high" said never by no-one.
That's kinda uncalled for. It's just a game, it's not like there's some sacred trust everyone needs to uphold. They play using different means, doesn't make it wrong.

Let's stop the name-calling and talk of glitches - it's not the topic of this thread. If you want to feel morally superior to others regarding your game-play style, just keep it to yourself, please.

If you think there's an issue that needs to be addressed by the developers, then please report it as a bug HERE. Thank you.

Guys, stop using this feature for useful stuff! Don't you like challenges, or have honor enough to face them by yourselves?
Here ends the talking about this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom