A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy Wii u version and i very very sad i cannot have 1.3 ;(`:cry::nursecrying:and i have the black version of Wii u its more powerfull
That's not right. While the black Wii U has more storage space it does not have a better CPU or better RAM. RAM is the big problem for terraria and the reason PS3/360/3DS/Wii U are not getting 1.3.

If they have gone this way and put pc controls on console. I'm going to abandon the game and uninstall it from my console.
The PC version of terraria supports controllers already. It uses a circle when in smart aim mode, and a cursor when using fine aim mode. I see no reason why they won't keep those controls for the console port.

And for the Wii u ??? I have the black version of Wii u and is more powerfull than the classic Wii u i'm very sad :sigh:%:sigh:: Merchantsigh:: Nursesigh:~: Soupir:`: Soupir:`: Cry:: Nursecrying:: Merchantcry:: Dryadcry:; (

Im pretty sure if they did not bring the update to the wii u, the black version wouldn't get it either. It wouldn't be fair to the classic wii u players.

The Black (aka Deluxe) Wii U only has more STORAGE space (32gb vs 8gb Flash storage), which is not the issue at all. The issue is the hardware itself....most importantly RAM. When 1.3 hit, the PC requirements for the game jumped up to 2.5gb RAM (4gb Recommended). This creates a substantial issue with older consoles (PS3/Xbox 360 have 512mb, while the Wii U has 2gb...but only 1gb available for games, with the rest allocated to the OS) - and when RAM requirements are overrun, you get nasty stability issues (aka crashes and the like). Now, certainly 505 and the companies porting the game did their best to optimize the game to run on low RAM...but there comes a point where you either risk the game being wholly unstable or you cut so many corners to "make it work" that you compromise the inherent experience and quality of the game. From their earlier announcement, it seems that 1.3 is the line where that threshhold was crossed.

It is certainly unfortunate, but such is the way of technology, I'm afraid. Quite frankly, it is more surprising that the older consoles have held on as long as they have (hard to believe the 360 is like 13 years old!).

Anyway, just wanted to fill in an apparent information gap there. :)

Well, Nintendo Switch is rumored to have 4GB of RAM, so I'm hopeful!
From a technical standpoint the Switch could probably play the game fine. But with PS4/XB1 getting ported, followed closely by mobile platforms, I'd say the Switch is third in line at best and probably not on anyone's mind at Pipeworks currently.

Yeah, I'm willing to bet that if the Nintendo Switch got Terraria (it probably won't anytime soon though), it WOULD get 1.3.
And by the way, I believe they said that the 3DS WILL be getting 1.3. However, the road to that is completely different, nor has it been planned out yet.

Also can we have a option to turn on and off the players aura that provides light in mobile i like how its on pc without aura and very hardcore xD

Since we could turn it on or off it would make happy both those who like more challenge and those who dont

From a technical standpoint the Switch could probably play the game fine. But with PS4/XB1 getting ported, followed closely by mobile platforms, I'd say the Switch is third in line at best and probably not on anyone's mind at Pipeworks currently.
Unfortunately we may have to wait, but I think we'll get 1.3+ when it does come :)

Aint the bunny pet pc exclusive content since its available only in the collectors edition (only legit way to get it)

Bring bunny to mobile pls! ;(
And have the color of the bunny's fur be defined by the shirt color chosen for the character at the point of their creation like in pc.

in my opinion if consoles get the only pc exclusive item there is really then pc should get at least one of the things for consoles/mobile
this also leads me to wonder, it seems like PC is starting to be alot like a test server or something like that for console/mobile

Yeah, I'm willing to bet that if the Nintendo Switch got Terraria (it probably won't anytime soon though), it WOULD get 1.3.
And by the way, I believe they said that the 3DS WILL be getting 1.3. However, the road to that is completely different, nor has it been planned out yet.
From the Wii U and 3DS news thread
Bear in mind 3DS was only ever going to be 1.2 plus a few extras
I don't think 3DS is getting 1.3. Since it has some of the lowest RAM of any device we've talked about, that makes sense really.

Yeah this really good especially if you handle this in a similar manner to how Digital Extremes handles Warframe because they're are all the same versions but the are separated by at least 3 weeks or more so if this becomes the case for terraria I would be ecstatic.

Seems like the update is going to be pretty good. I do wonder what they mean by the person dying to meet us...
It's probably the Moon Lord or new console exclusive content! But when they are dying to meet us it might be an NPC... other than the tax collector of course...

I just noticed something the Xbox one version of the game is 577MB but the game requires a minimum of 1GB of RAM to run how does that make any sense ? Cause I'm confused on how that works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom