A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOOO! It's been a long time since I left, and I come back to this? Darn... best welcome back gift ever. Good job guys, your pulling through!

I just noticed something the Xbox one version of the game is 577MB but the game requires a minimum of 1GB of RAM to run how does that make any sense ? Cause I'm confused on how that works
RAM is not the same thing as storage space on your hard drive. Your console could have 500GB of hard drive space, but it only has 8GB of RAM. The game takes only 577MB of drive space because it is really compressed. When you run the game it decompresses every single thing in the game including your world map and sticks it all into the RAM, which is the part of your device that remembers all the stuff you're doing right now. Since it has soo much stuff to keep all at once, it takes up a lot of RAM. That's the reason older devices won't be getting 1.3. All the added monsters, items, and other stuff will cause the size of the uncompressed game to be bigger than the RAM they can use.

Glad you showed your progress, looking forward to 1.3, but just a request: can you please make console 1.3 different from PC?
Oh, and give us the option to hide the control help on the bottom of the screen.

eh... the whole point of this reset is to make both versions exactly the same, more or less, so the game will be more stable on consoles and easier to fix when bugs are discovered.

not to mention making it easier to update.

i'm extremely excited for 1.3, it's looking pretty cool so far.

If I had a character that had reds wings on console and the game got 1.3 wat would happen ? Would it be deleted

I don't know if the game would still recognize your character, or if the update would delete your character. It wouldn't be considered the same "Red's Wings" that would appear in the official update.

However, we ask that you don't discuss the use of hacked or modded items on the Console versions of the game. Hacking and Modding is prohibited on the Console versions of the game, and because of this, we don't allow discussion or encouragement of that to happen here. Please keep information such as this to yourself in the future. This is our Forum Policy and 505 Game's policy on the matter:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...culture-please-read.53/#rulesPiracyAndModding

I don't know if the game would still recognize your character, or if the update would delete your character. It wouldn't be considered the same "Red's Wings" that would appear in the official update.

However, we ask that you don't discuss the use of hacked or modded items on the Console versions of the game. Hacking and Modding is prohibited on the Console versions of the game, and because of this, we don't allow discussion or encouragement of that to happen here. Please keep information such as this to yourself in the future. This is our Forum Policy and 505 Game's policy on the matter:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...culture-please-read.53/#rulesPiracyAndModding

Why would it be prohibited on Consoles but not PC, if only the software is being modified and not the hardware?

Last edited:
Why would it be prohibited on Consoles but not PC, if only the software is being modified and the hardware?

One of the main reasons it's prohibited on Consoles is because of Microsoft/Sony's policies that don't allow Modding or hacking on their Consoles. This includes the hardware and software of the game. Which 505 Games has to follow to get the game published on Consoles and is part of the policy linked above. The PC version doesn't have this same restriction. Modding is allowed for PC version, but it is not officially supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom