A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
some people are saying that mobile will come out Q3 (July-September), but console will still come out in Q2 ( April-June).

On the PC version, players have 10 (1x10) hotbar slots and 40 (4x10) inventory slots.

On the console version, players have 10 (1x10) hotbar slots and 40 (4x10) inventory slots.

On the mobile version, players have 10 (2x5) hotbar slots and 40 (8x5) inventory slots. I don't understand where your claim is based off of because all the versions have the same amount of inventory space. It may just appear to be smaller since the inventories on PC and console are wider. It may also be that you are running an older version of Terraria Mobile? because according to my iPad which is at the latest version, the mobile version has the same amount of inventory slots as the console and PC versions, 40.

For mobile 1.3, a more accurate suggestion would be to make the inventory on mobile (8x5) wider like the PC version (4x10).
That might be it, my mistake.

Ok guys on Twitter they answered someone's question and said that it should come out late June (I'm thinking it will release on the same date pc got 1.3, June 30th)

the only tweet on twitter is from the official Terraria and it says "There isn't a release date yet, but it will be by the end of June." this is what has been said since it was announced. Q2 is Apr-June. Please don't put words in the devs mouths like that, since it is possible to get the updatefrom today, till anytime in June

Thank you guys for bringing 1.3 to the console! Lunar weapons such as the Last Prism will be pretty handy when dealing with events, especially Frost Moon. I'm getting stuck before reaching the final wave. And I got all the armors, and that's boring, because you have absolutely NOTHING to do, so, collecting the new armor sets will be nice :happy:
[doublepost=1493237118,1493237038][/doublepost]And Moon Lord is going to be child's play for me ;)

That's for tablets/iPods, phones only have 5 hotbar slots
Yes, that is true, but it doesn't matter because on phones there is 5 hotbar and 45 inventory and on tablets there is 10 hotbar and 40 inventory. So, no difference.

<double post merged by moderator>
If people are wondering how yo yos will work it will probably be similar to the piranha gun
I'm pretty sure yoyos don't have any similarity to the piranha gun, whatsoever. Yoyos are melee, and pirahna guns are ranged. Also, the piranha gun fires one projectile while yoyos can fire up to four projectiles at once with a yoyo glove and counterweight or yoyo bag.

Yoyos are more like flails than the pirahna gun, the only difference being that flails come back to the player while yoyos stay in one place.

<triple post merged by moderator>
some people are saying that mobile will come out Q3 (July-September), but console will still come out in Q2 ( April-June).
Well, console 1.3 will be released in May or June, not April, because Cenx confirmed that on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Cennxx/status/855222926953590784

Mobile 1.3, on the other hand, I THINK will be released anywhere from September to October, because on this post (https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...e-road-to-1-3-pre-alpha-gameplay-inside.54010) it is stated that mobile 1.3 will come out a few months after console 1.3's release, and few usually means three. Since console 1.3 is not going to be released in April anymore, mobile 1.3 is probably not going to be released in August either.

Please read this carefully before complaining about me giving false information. I said "I think" when referring to mobile 1.3. It's just a guess.

Last edited:
Yes, that is true, but it doesn't matter because on phones there is 5 hotbar and 45 inventory and on tablets there is 10 hotbar and 40 inventory. So, no difference.

I'm pretty sure yoyos don't have any similarity to the piranha gun, whatsoever. Yoyos are melee, and pirahna guns are ranged. Also, the piranha gun fires one projectile while yoyos can fire up to four projectiles at once with a yoyo glove and counterweight or yoyo bag.

Yoyos are more like flails than the pirahna gun, the only difference being that flails come back to the player while yoyos stay in one place.

Well, console 1.3 will be released in May or June, not April, because Cenx confirmed that on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Cennxx/status/855222926953590784

Mobile 1.3, on the other hand, I THINK will be released anywhere from September to October, because on this post (https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...e-road-to-1-3-pre-alpha-gameplay-inside.54010) it is stated that mobile 1.3 will come out a few months after console 1.3's release, and few usually means three. Since console 1.3 is not going to be released in April anymore, mobile 1.3 is probably not going to be released in August either.

Please read this carefully before complaining about me giving false information. I said "I think" when referring to mobile 1.3. It's just a guess.
@Nimble Nimbus Rod, please try to remember to use the Edit button when you want to add more to your post, instead of double and triple posting. :)

But that's what I mean the piranha gun works as it locks onto a single enemy until you let go of the trigger or the enemy dies and a flail works as you swing it in a direction and it will come back or hold down the trigger and it will just hang from your has and if you combine both these weapons together you practically get a weapon very similar to the yo yo

if anything id imagen the yoyos would function like the controllable magic wands but with a range limit and following melee damage not range thrown or magic

if anything id imagen the yoyos would function like the controllable magic wands but with a range limit

Hopefully they've figured it out because, using the magic missile in target mode is ridiculous if comparing to the practicality of a mouse, I hope they've added auto aim as per PC controls otherwise we're just gonna have weapons ( YoYo specifically) that simply aren't viable on console

Good day, Terrarians and a Happy 2017 from Pipeworks! It has been a few months since we announced our taking over the work on Terraria for Console and Mobile; including a full rebuilding of the Console/Mobile codebase. We are happy today to be able to give you an update on progress - and to showcase some of what is coming your way on the road to 1.3 for Xbox One & PS4!
The video above contains a few snippets from our latest build - contrasted with the identical content from the PC version of Terraria so that you can see our end goal of "one Terraria experience" coming to fruition. We hope you join us in our excitement when you see this small taste of what we are building for each of you; including a new "friend" who is dying to meet you. Keep in mind that this is a pre-alpha build so you may notice some bugs appear, however we couldn’t hold off any longer releasing some footage! So, what about timing? Glad you asked: Console
  • Our work is progressing on-schedule, and we are really pleased with the progress thus far!
  • We are quite close to moving to Alpha and beginning the rigorous testing/QA process in partnership with our friends at Re-Logic.
  • Target Timing for release of Console 1.3 remains Q2 2017.
Mobile
  • Our plan is to utilize good portions of what we have built and learned with the console rebuild as we work to build a similar "One Terraria" experience on mobile devices.
  • Of course, there will still be a good bit of work needed on mobile-specific areas (UI, Controls, etc) beyond getting that core foundation solid.
  • Target Timing for release of Mobile 1.3 remains a few months after Console, so you can expect this in the second half of 2017; hopefully sooner rather than later!
The Pipeworks team is quite pleased with the progress the team has made thus far and continues to make every day. We are even more thrilled to give you a sneak peek at some content that will be arriving soon!
Good day, Terrarians and a Happy 2017 from Pipeworks! It has been a few months since we announced our taking over the work on Terraria for Console and Mobile; including a full rebuilding of the Console/Mobile codebase. We are happy today to be able to give you an update on progress - and to showcase some of what is coming your way on the road to 1.3 for Xbox One & PS4!
The video above contains a few snippets from our latest build - contrasted with the identical content from the PC version of Terraria so that you can see our end goal of "one Terraria experience" coming to fruition. We hope you join us in our excitement when you see this small taste of what we are building for each of you; including a new "friend" who is dying to meet you. Keep in mind that this is a pre-alpha build so you may notice some bugs appear, however we couldn’t hold off any longer releasing some footage! So, what about timing? Glad you asked: Console
  • Our work is progressing on-schedule, and we are really pleased with the progress thus far!
  • We are quite close to moving to Alpha and beginning the rigorous testing/QA process in partnership with our friends at Re-Logic.
  • Target Timing for release of Console 1.3 remains Q2 2017.
Mobile
  • Our plan is to utilize good portions of what we have built and learned with the console rebuild as we work to build a similar "One Terraria" experience on mobile devices.
  • Of course, there will still be a good bit of work needed on mobile-specific areas (UI, Controls, etc) beyond getting that core foundation solid.
  • Target Timing for release of Mobile 1.3 remains a few months after Console, so you can expect this in the second half of 2017; hopefully sooner rather than later!
The Pipeworks team is quite pleased with the progress the team has made thus far and continues to make every day. We are even more thrilled to give you a sneak peek at some content that will be arriving soon!

is the Endless Musket Pouch going to be in this update
Yes, the Endless Musket Pouch was introduced in PC 1.3 so it should be in the console 1.3 update. It will be especially useful when using weapons, armor, or accessories that change bullet type. For example, wearing Frost Armor and using the Endless Musket Pouch will give you infinite Frostburn Bullets.
May I have a complete list of bugfixes in multiplayer mode, please? (mobile)
Well, I could give you a list of the bugfixes for PC 1.3, but for mobile, no one but the developers can tell you what bugs they will fix because all platforms have different bugs. Bugs are just mistakes in programming from the developers, and not all the platforms will have the exact same mistakes in them. One thing I can say is that they might fix the glitch in multiplayer on mobile and console that when friends are attacking with a sword, the sword is not moving on the screen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom