A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
at the cost of damage. remember the endless musket pouch grants you infinite regular ammo but not any upgraded ammo. useful mainly for smaller enemies when trying to conserve better ammo for bosses.

@LihzahrdGolem
could you be more clear
[doublepost=1493398040,1493397531][/doublepost]is the Endless Musket Pouch going to be in this update
Yes, everything that the PC had for 1.3, minus PC exclusives will be on console.
Also, I have a question on the reset. If you have modded items of any sort, will the reset end up corrupting them?

Yes, everything that the PC had for 1.3, minus PC exclusives will be on console.
Also, I have a question on the reset. If you have modded items of any sort, will the reset end up corrupting them?
There is no PC exclusive content.

As for modded items, do you mean items not legitimately obtainable (e.g. Red's Wings), or actual modded content (as in obtained through illegal mods)?

Modded items of any sort on console/mobile are not supported or endorsed by Re-Logic or 505Games. There won't be any special accommodations made for such things, so it is unknown what will happen with them or to players/worlds containing them.

Modded items of any sort on console/mobile are not supported or endorsed by Re-Logic or 505Games. There won't be any special accommodations made for such things, so it is unknown what will happen with them or to players/worlds containing them.
I'm talking about items such as warding armor, not like fully fledged mods such as the calamity one.

How do you even mod Terraria on console?
Wrong forum to discuss mods about Terraria, any moment from now a moderator will say the exact same thing. "If you want to talk about mods, go somewhere else" except they'll say that in a more polite way.

Anyway most likely nothing will happen to those edited items but they're pointless anyway. But to anyone who has Red's wings on console/mobile who loves infinite flight will get a great surprise when 1.3 is released and that privilege is gone.
But unfortunately even when 1.3 is released, the exploits used now will still be their since there's nothing the developers can do about it since it isn't a server based game. But terraria is much better legit. ;)

Wrong forum to discuss mods about Terraria, any moment from now a moderator will say the exact same thing. "If you want to talk about mods, go somewhere else" except they'll say that in a more polite way.

Anyway most likely nothing will happen to those edited items but they're pointless anyway. But to anyone who has Red's wings on console/mobile who loves infinite flight will get a great surprise when 1.3 is released and that privilege is gone.
But unfortunately even when 1.3 is released, the exploits used now will still be their since there's nothing the developers can do about it since it isn't a server based game. But terraria is much better legit. ;)
Yeah I wasn't really asking how, really just curious on how that is even possible and it was about the whole will modded items corrupt so it wasn't completely off topic (still I'll try not to do this in the future.

Modding the console game in any way is likely a violation of the EULA for your device. As stated: it's up to you, but at your risk and please don't discuss doing it on our forum.
Same basic deal on mobile - just keep discussion of it off the forum (or at least at a very general level).

Policies for discussing console mobile hacking

Pipeworks isn't going to consider modded items when building the reset baseline, so it's unknown what will happen to them when it is released. May work, may brick your device. It's not their problem to deal with, it's yours.

Modding the console game in any way is likely a violation of the EULA for your device. As stated: it's up to you, but at your risk and please don't discuss doing it on our forum.
Same basic deal on mobile - just keep discussion of it off the forum (or at least at a very general level).

Pipeworks isn't going to consider modded items when building the reset baseline, so it's unknown what will happen to them when it is released. May work, may brick your device. It's not their problem to deal with, it's yours.
How will having hacked gear on terraria completely brick my device? Unless I mess up the software itself by actually modifying it, how else can bricking a device occur. Terraria is just an installed app, it has no ties to the /system binary apart from the /data folder. How would edited gear on 1.2.4 cause my device to be rendered useless once 1.3 is installed? That literary makes no sense. That example could be used for any app that has been modified. I ain't being rude but curious.....:) The only apps that have that much power are A grade viruses and one click root apps. I wouldn't class terraria as either of those.

How will having hacked gear on terraria completely brick my device? Unless I mess up the software itself by actually modifying it, how else can bricking a device occur. Terraria is just an installed app, it has no ties to the /system binary apart from the /data folder. How would edited gear on 1.2.4 cause my device to be rendered useless once 1.3 is installed? That literary makes no sense. That example could be used for any app that has been modified. I ain't being rude but curious.....:) The only apps that have that much power are A grade viruses and one click root apps. I wouldn't class terraria as either of those.
If you modded in the item YOURSELF, then you're preventing yourself from getting more updates. But if you got it from another player, then you should be fine.
BUT!!!!!!
There's gonnna be a new Red's Wings in the 1.3 update (without infinite flight), and the current pair of Red's Wings will be deleted, PUTTING YOUR CHARACTER IN RISK OF GETTING CORRUPTED IF YOU DON'T TRASH THE RED'S WINGS NOW!
And that goes for worlds that have Red's Wings in a chest, too.

Hypothetically if I added the modded items myself I would still get the updates. The app store / play store wouldn't know if I had hacked items. But the worlds / players with the gear as you said might become corrupted probably due to invalid IDs, but certainly would not brick my device or prevent me from getting the update.

I don't use modded gear for clarification, I used to have one of them all item worlds but found the game boring so i played like a normal person which is much better.

This is really getting off the topic of the thread.

Hacked items are not supported now, and they aren't going to be supported after the reset. There's really no point in discussing it further.

Please keep the discussion to the legitimate changes coming with 1.3 on console and mobile. Thanks.

There are no "bugfixes" per se in regards to the existing console or mobile code....because it's a full rewrite based on the PC code as it's foundation. As with any software, it will have bugs as well - but they will not be related to the old ones. ;)

This is really getting off the topic of the thread.

Hacked items are not supported now, and they aren't going to be supported after the reset. There's really no point in discussing it further.

Please keep the discussion to the legitimate changes coming with 1.3 on console and mobile. Thanks.
Ok, no problems.... :)

the only tweet on twitter is from the official Terraria and it says "There isn't a release date yet, but it will be by the end of June." this is what has been said since it was announced. Q2 is Apr-June. Please don't put words in the devs mouths like that, since it is possible to get the updatefrom today, till anytime in June
I never said it will be June 30th I am trying to predict it

I don't know how they were modded, I just acquired these items from an all items world.

I don't know how they were modded, I just acquired these items from an all items world.
Most all item worlds for console and mobile terraria will guaranteed have A) 30,000 of each item, B) Developer wings and C) Some gear edited to menacing and warding.

I would recommend after reading this everyone will just shut up about mods and hacking and talk about the mobile & console 1.3 update and how long we have to wait for it. Otherwise some moderator will destroy us all into nothingness. :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom