A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I appreaciate the help a lot.Is there any possible way I could transfer old files to my new device?
yes, in fact, there is.
i don't know how, but i do know that there is a way. it's officially supported, too

EDIT: whoops! sorry! i thought you were talking about consoles. never mind. i don't have an answer to your question

yes, in fact, there is.
i don't know how, but i do know that there is a way. it's officially supported, too

I've looked up on YouTube, Reddit, pretty much everything, I've found nothing so far. And the fact that my old iPad can't even run it concerns me for what I will be able to do... I'll keep looking, and if there is anything you could do to help, just message me, Thanks in advance! :D

yes, in fact, there is.

EDIT: whoops! sorry! i thought you were talking about consoles. never mind. i don't have an answer to your question
Damn it... oh well, thanks anyway ;(

Is there any possible way I could transfer old files to my new device?
If you sign into the same iCloud account on both devices, AND your old world was a cloud save, then you should be able to get your old world (and also characters) back onto your iPad Mini. Unfortunately local saves are not tied to an iCloud account, but they are tied to the device, so you are unable to transfer those ones.

If you sign into the same iCloud account on both devices, AND your old world was a cloud save, then you should be able to get your old world (and also characters) back onto your iPad Mini. Unfortunately local saves are not tied to an iCloud account, but they are tied to the device, so you are unable to transfer those ones.

Damn it... looks like I'll have to search around for a file transporter, my world was a local save... Should have thought about moving it to cloud save. Thanks for the heads up! Now I don't have to worry about cloud saves and all :)

One of the last old CodeGlue mobile updates enabled file backup (local-local and local-cloud) that should allow for transfers to newer devices....just click the gear icon.

Not sure what update the old ipad 2 was able to support (I still have one as well)

One of the last old CodeGlue mobile updates enabled file backup (local-local and local-cloud) that should allow for transfers to newer devices....just click the gear icon.

Not sure what update the old ipad 2 was able to support (I still have one as well)
!

Wow! A Dev answering me! Holy smokes! Thanks for the advice. What would I do after moving the wanted world to the cloud save and signing in to the same cloud account on both devices?

Either play off of the cloud or back it up to your new local device?

Device A (old) - back up to cloud

Sign on to Device B
  • Play from Cloud
  • Backup to Local (Device B)
  • Why not both? ;)

Either play off of the cloud or back it up to your new local device?

Device A (old) - back up to cloud

Sign on to Device B
  • Play from Cloud
  • Backup to Local (Device B)
  • Why not both? ;)

Just before you read this, I'm sorry if I'm repeating information, I don't understand how to move the worlds from devices via Cloud

So far I've Got both Devices on the same icloud account. The worlds I want on my new iPad (Device B) are currently on a local save on my old iPad (Device A) How would I move the worlds from A to B? Should I back up my old device (A) and then open up the game on my new one? (B) Or is there some easier way?

Just before you read this, I'm sorry if I'm repeating information, I don't understand how to move the worlds from devices via Cloud

So far I've Got both Devices on the same icloud account. The worlds I want on my new iPad (Device B) are currently on a local save on my old iPad (Device A) How would I move the worlds from A to B? Should I back up my old device (A) and then open up the game on my new one? (B) Or is there some easier way?

Assuming your old device has the update that allows backups, just follow the "Local-Cloud" instructions on the thread I linked on the old device....and then the "Cloud-Local" instructions on the new one. Should work.

Assuming your old device has the update that allows backups, just follow the "Local-Cloud" instructions on the thread I linked on the old device....and then the "Cloud-Local" instructions on the new one. Should work.
Alright, will do. As soon as my IPad 2 finishes backing up. BTW, currently I am unable to access my cloud saves from my old iPad 2 on my new IPad mini 4. Will this be resolved once the backup has finished and I follow the Local-Cloud and Cloud-Local setup?

Alright, will do. As soon as my IPad 2 finishes backing up. BTW, currently I am unable to access my cloud saves from my old iPad 2 on my new IPad mini 4. Will this be resolved once the backup has finished and I follow the Local-Cloud and Cloud-Local setup?

Not sure? It should, unless the ipad 2 is so old that it could not get the relevant update (likely due to iOS restrictions on a device that old).

Not sure? It should, unless the ipad 2 is so old that it could not get the relevant update (likely due to iOS restrictions on a device that old).
It does have the backup feature, so following what you have said, and all goes well, it should be just fine as soon as the back up finishes. It's stuck at 99% or something ridiculous X(

It does have the backup feature, so following what you have said, and all goes well, it should be just fine as soon as the back up finishes. It's stuck at 99% or something ridiculous X(
Apparently it wasn't a backup... just a general IOS update. I want my world on my old iPad on my new iPad. How would I use the cloud to do that?

I know it's not Q3 but still.
IMG_6024.JPG

Apparently it wasn't a backup... just a general IOS update. I want my world on my old iPad on my new iPad. How would I use the cloud to do that?
@LewShakey, I will send you a private message and help you with moving your world from your old device to your new device. We can go over it in more detail there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom