A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LewShakey, I will send you a private message and help you with moving your world from your old device to your new device. We can go over it in more detail there.
Thankyou, I appreaciate your help. I may not answer as soon as you message me but I will within 24 hours. Due to time zones and school...

why would they? they're already equivalent to the PC world sizes.
i thought a large world on pc was much taller?
with xbox one being like 1300 to 1400 blocks high, and pc little over 2300

edit,
just checked 2 large worlds on xbox one
171m above, 513m below, 1241m east, 1243m west
210m above, 473m below, 1241m east, 1243m west
1371x4972
wiki list pc large as 8317 x 2317 Accessible blocks

Last edited:
If you sign into the same iCloud account on both devices, AND your old world was a cloud save, then you should be able to get your old world (and also characters) back onto your iPad Mini. Unfortunately local saves are not tied to an iCloud account, but they are tied to the device, so you are unable to transfer those ones.
Wouldn't hooking the Ipad to a computer via USB, uploading the ipad data to the computer, then getting the NEW ipad, and downloading the data onto it work?
I know it's not Q3 but still.View attachment 168547
People like you will be the first ones to complain that the game isn't as good as anticipated, but you were the same people rushing the developers.

Wouldn't hooking the Ipad to a computer via USB, uploading the ipad data to the computer, then getting the NEW ipad, and downloading the data onto it work?

People like you will be the first ones to complain that the game isn't as good as anticipated, but you were the same people rushing the developers.
No, iOS version doesn't work that way. You need to manually copy to Cloud within the game. Backing up the entire device does not save any character or world data, just the game.

Please be careful with phrases such as "people like you". It can be seen as disrespect rather than disagreement.

This is like the first hundred days of Trump's presidency, big promises nothing to show for it.
What promises have they broken? What did you expect to be shown? Q2 hasn't ended yet, and won't for more than a month. There's nothing exciting they can show or tell us because it's just patch 1.3, it's a very known quantity of stuff you can spoil for yourself on the wiki.

Game developers are not our good friends. They don't have to keep us, the audience, updated every week or so on social media. We shouldn't expect them to talk to us as if we know them or they owe us something. They have more important work to do than talk to us about how it's going. Have some patience, and find something else to do in the meantime.

Game developers are not our good friends. They don't have to keep us, the audience, updated every week or so on social media. We shouldn't expect them to talk to us as if we know them or they owe us something. They have more important work to do than talk to us about how it's going.

Must disagree slightly, a good Developer to Client relationship is the standing stone of communication and sets an example for other developers to follow as well as being a great foundation to build/become a great company

However....

Terraria is one of the few games where "some" of it's player base is very, very eager to know more and more and more, we crave information like a smoker to cigarettes, patch info, release dates, T:OW, the slightest bit of info is our drug and when we don't get what we want, we ask and ask and ask and ask

We've had some info from PW, but it has been a while since we heard much in the forums

I don't know how much we can poke em with the stick of eagerness without PW breaching an NDA

P.S someone please design a "stick of eagerness" for Console players :p

A dev having a good relationship with their audience is very important. I think the problem is indie devs on social media nowadays have set the bar too high. Answering fans daily on Twitter or pushing out patches hours after finding a bug only works when you know everything there is to know about your game.

When the team is 1 person or even just a few people, then responding quickly and often is easy. When it's a large team of people then information releases can involve answers from a handful to more than a dozen people easily. Anything said by the team will be taken by fans as a promise. So everything needs to be certain before you say anything at all, and very often no one on a team knows enough of the whole picture to make such statements.

Terraria is no longer being made by a hobbyist game developer in his free time. Pipeworks is a full development team, with 505 Games as a full fledged publisher. There are aspects of the development process we will never be allowed to know, it's a reality of business. All we can do is be patient and understand that they will tell us something as soon as they are allowed to.

Last edited:
What promises have they broken? What did you expect to be shown? Q2 hasn't ended yet, and won't for more than a month. There's nothing exciting they can show or tell us because it's just patch 1.3, it's a very known quantity of stuff you can spoil for yourself on the wiki.

Game developers are not our good friends. They don't have to keep us, the audience, updated every week or so on social media. We shouldn't expect them to talk to us as if we know them or they owe us something. They have more important work to do than talk to us about how it's going. Have some patience, and find something else to do in the meantime.
I haven't seen said an promises have been broken, my thirst for some content could be satisfied by just small things like graphic changes or npc behavior just to have some faith that something is getting done. As for finding something else to do, there isn't much you can do in the Midwest.
[doublepost=1493958944,1493958685][/doublepost]
Man this is sooooo lame for 360 and PS3 users like me! I was SOOOOO hyped for it till I learn I had to get a new console if I want it...
It been four years sense Xbox one/PS4 and been out, just sell you Xbox 360 or PS3 and make some money on the side, It's that simple.

I haven't seen said an proImises have been broken, my thirst for some content could be satisfied by just small things like graphic changes or npc behavior just to have some faith that something is getting done. As for finding something else to do, there isn't much you can do in the Midwest.
[doublepost=1493958944,1493958685][/doublepost]
It been four years sense Xbox one/PS4 and been out, just sell you Xbox 360 or PS3 and make some money on the side, It's that simple.
I don't have a job and im still in school soooo...
I dunno...

I don't have a job and im still in school soooo...
I dunno...
Summer is coming up isn't it? Do odd jobs around town and like I said sell your 360 or PS3 to make more money, most of the games will be reversed engineered as longs as you play on the same account. This is getting off topic so I leave you with that.

Man this is sooooo lame for 360 and PS3 users like me! I was SOOOOO hyped for it till I learn I had to get a new console if I want it...
I know what you're feeling. I'm 360 user, endgame, owner of 26 pets (there are 27) and this sucks, because I don't have nothing to do. Anyway, Moonlord would be piece o' cake for me :cool:;)

I know what you're feeling. I'm 360 user, endgame, owner of 26 pets (there are 27) and this sucks, because I don't have nothing to do. Anyway, Moonlord would be piece o' cake for me :cool:;)
Well if you get an Xbox one you can at least transfer your save via the cloud Wich I was glad because I grinded for EVERYTHING since 1.2 came to console and I was so glad I didn't have to start over

Well if you get an Xbox one you can at least transfer your save via the cloud Wich I was glad because I grinded for EVERYTHING since 1.2 came to console and I was so glad I didn't have to start over
Yes, you're right, but I would quickly come back to the endgame. I read basically the whole Terraria Wiki, and I know every single discovered trick as of 1.3 update and a pretty useful DUPLICATION GLITCH that remains undiscovered or too basic. I improved the glitch, and it's amazing at full power!!!
[doublepost=1494028032,1494027852][/doublepost]I can teach you guys the glitch, it's pretty simple and pretty powerful. Just showing how powerful this glitch is, it allowed me to fill a chest with FULL STACKS of Platinum coins. But you'll need at least one of the item you want to duplicate.
Now, I'll say just one thing about how it works: you can toggle autosave on 360. When you press "Save and Exit", the following message will appear:

Save and Exit
Exit without saving
Cancel

Use wisely the "Exit without saving" buttom!
(I'll tell you the whole glitch on particular player-player conversations).

Last edited:
I haven't seen said an promises have been broken, my thirst for some content could be satisfied by just small things like graphic changes or npc behavior just to have some faith that something is getting done. As for finding something else to do, there isn't much you can do in the Midwest

That's kind of my point, there's nothing for Pipeworks to show us that they didn't already. New graphics? They'll be the same ones PC already has. New monsters? Same answer. New AI? Same answer. The goal given to Pipeworks is to make the XB1/PS4 versions of Terraria completely identical to the PC version. There's nothing they are giving us we don't already know about. The only differences are things they have said they can't talk about yet.

Long post cut down for space.

So basic save scumming, something that no developer can do much about. The game would have to make it so a player's inventory was tied to the world save file to stop this. Since most players use multiple worlds this wouldn't go over well.

Only solution is to be honorable and don't dupe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom