A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so stoked i just caught the last stream on YT and im loving the direction console is taking! The ui is gorgeous, the custom key mapping is ingenius and the settings I've missed since ive been forced to become a console gamer. Yet there is still the key elements that keep the console functonal I'm digging it! I lost it when he started messing around on the stream there's a Fricking build grid while he is placing blocks one of the numerous things I've been missing on console. I think this has been such a great step for terraria as a whole and look forward to what's next.

Got a question also
Has there been any Intel on whether console might receive local char/world backup saves like mobile has? I always loved being able to backup when I went a major benchmark

I have a weird feeling that people misunderstood what I said.
When I say that June 30th is the exact last day of Q2, I'm not complaining because that's how long it will take.
I'm just pointing out that it will be highly unlikely for the update to come out on that date, considering that fact.

So just got around to watching the last dev stream, and something worried me. In the controls options menu I did not see any entry for the radial hotbar selection method from the current PC controls. Are there no plans to support it? Freeing up that extra shoulder button was a great change on PC. I don't really want to go back to slowly clicking across the hotbar one slot at a time again.

I have a weird feeling that people misunderstood what I said.
When I say that June 30th is the exact last day of Q2, I'm not complaining because that's how long it will take.
I'm just pointing out that it will be highly unlikely for the update to come out on that date, considering that fact.
I think the confusion is simply that most of us don't any reason why they can't wait until the very last day of Q2 to release the patch. They didn't promise a bug free complete update by Q2, just a release of the patch itself. There's nothing preventing further work after Q2 has ended. It's also in their best interests to delay the patch for as long as they can to fix as many things as possible before submitting the update to Sony/MS.

Last edited:
So just got around to watching the last dev stream, and something worried me. In the controls options menu I did not see any entry for the radial hotbar selection method from the current PC controls. Are there no plans to support it? Freeing up that extra shoulder button was a great change on PC. I don't really want to go back to slowly clicking across the hotbar one slot at a time again.

I think the confusion is simply that most of us don't any reason why they can't wait until the very last day of Q2 to release the patch. They didn't promise a bug free complete update by Q2, just a release of the patch itself. There's nothing preventing further work after Q2 has ended. It's also in their best interests to delay the patch for as long as they can to fix as many things as possible before submitting the update to Sony/MS.
I think it's all dpad based from what I gathered on the stream they show it in the options with the key mapping section as a sneak peek. I believe that's how the crafting will be navigated in the inventory from how it was reacting and clicking just a guess tho

Don't quote me on this but they possibly will release half of update at the end of q2 2017 and second part as christmas update.

There will not be any "half releases".

Will ask today - I do not have a devkit, so I cannot look directly.

"Bug Free" is a misnomer in software. Such a thing does not exist. That said, free - as far as both teams can ascertain - from major issues? That is the goal. It takes the time it takes to do that. QA and fixing is not a tidy, perfect process that fits neatly into a box. :p

(That is a general statement, not a comment on the timeline for this project's launch - before anyone takes it out of context ;) )

well if its that important to you if you make a new world and character by time you get most stuff the update will be out

Looking good guys! Getting pretty excited now that we are getting closer and closer! Can't wait to see how everyone reacts...what else you guys will have to share...and how everyone enjoys this new console/mobile experience when it arrives. :cool:

The Moonlord is coming for you all.... :eek:
Psh ima destroy him :cool:

If you guys are getting tired of waiting for 1.3 then you should play Trove it's really addicting kind of "mmo" I've been playing it for 2 days and can't stop its like Minecraft and terraria combined....and NO THIS ISNT AN AD I just don't want people to be board out of their minds waiting for 1.3

If you guys are getting tired of waiting for 1.3 then you should play Trove it's really addicting kind of "mmo" I've been playing it for 2 days and can't stop its like Minecraft and terraria combined....and NO THIS ISNT AN AD I just don't want people to be board out of their minds waiting for 1.3
I don't wait for update anymore. I already have it :dryadcool::dryadpassionate:

I have a major and minor question about the 1.3 update for consoles regarding aesthetics, the former being if effort will be made to sync up the updates between all versions as a part of the "One Terraria" experience, and the latter being if actuated blocks will change to not have that annoying little square depression in the center that's darker than the block's edge, or if could at least be removed with paint.

-Corruptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom