A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have any ideas for what ocram will drop in expert mode because the idea came to me while PW was talking about expert mode in one of their streams
I think Ocram must drop an item that increases damage or another shield, like:

Ocram's Core: increases all damage by 5% and attacks have a chance to inflict venom;
or
Ocram's Hardened Flesh: allows dashing, does 50 base damage.

I chose damage because it will be needed for Plantera and Golem, and if you want defense, you can always go for the Frozen Turtle Shell.
I'm not good with respriting or creating sprites for stuff, so I can't give you an image of what they must look like.

That would be so sad I really hope they don't do that. Maybe they could keep the console exclusives and bring them to pc I know they wouldn't really be console exclusives anymore but I absolutely love those features. Or they could just keep it in the console edition ( as long as these features stay I'm happy )
It would be sad, taking away the only thing (apart from the controls) that differences console / mobile and PC. But the likelihood of that actually happening is quite low. Yes they are bringing the low end versions up to par with the PC 1.3 update, but the coding for those pets is already there. There is nothing wrong with them so chances are that they won't even touch the coding for those pets. There not interfering with the progression to 1.3 so they shouldn't be any problems with leaving them in the game
[doublepost=1495380154,1495379710][/doublepost]
I think Ocram must drop an item that increases damage or another shield, like:

Ocram's Core: increases all damage by 5% and attacks have a chance to inflict venom;
or
Ocram's Hardened Flesh: allows dashing, does 50 base damage.

I chose damage because it will be needed for Plantera and Golem, and if you want defense, you can always go for the Frozen Turtle Shell.
I'm not good with respriting or creating sprites for stuff, so I can't give you an image of what they must look like.
That. Would. Be. Amazing!

If Ocram were to drop some sort of expert mode accessory, I would kind of imagine it to be like an upgraded star veil that releases demon sickles and lasers as you get hit, and it could even be combined with the star veil itself to make a strong accessory like the celestial shell.

Not so much like a buff to all damage as though it is different but the worm scarf is the opposite to that buff.

Or, he could be a first to actually drop a weapon of some sorts. Maybe like a summoner weapon that summons his minions that apply a venom debuff

Ofcourse this is all speculation but it would be super cool if they were to give Ocram some love in the form of an Expert mode drop.

I had assumed we would no longer have console exclusive content. If all versions of the game are the same, why would ours have any additional content?

Kinda sad I might lose my pets. Better go take Mr. Guinea Pig for a walk while I still can.

If they remove exclusivity, that would just mean all platforms would get each others platform specific items. They wouldn't remove items, that's just dumb.

Guys, if they remove console-exclusive content, that would corrupt everything, don't you think?
That's why I think it'll stay.

That would be so sad I really hope they don't do that. Maybe they could keep the console exclusives and bring them to pc I know they wouldn't really be console exclusives anymore but I absolutely love those features. Or they could just keep it in the console edition ( as long as these features stay I'm happy )
They can't do that. If you remove things from the game people would have corrupted saves and to have everyone start over without a choice would hurt the game too much and tons of players including myself wouldn't even bother restarting without having anything to go back to later and just find a different game to play.

They can't do that. If you remove things from the game people would have corrupted saves and to have everyone start over without a choice would hurt the game too much and tons of players including myself wouldn't even bother restarting without having anything to go back to later and just find a different game to play.
I started over on pc and i'm happy with it because i can play every updates earlier than any console pea... i mean player. Sorry. Power corrupts my mind already. And i'm going to get additional 8gb ram of power... i try to fight with that because i was console pea... player myself.

It would be sad, taking away the only thing (apart from the controls) that differences console / mobile and PC. But the likelihood of that actually happening is quite low. Yes they are bringing the low end versions up to par with the PC 1.3 update, but the coding for those pets is already there. There is nothing wrong with them so chances are that they won't even touch the coding for those pets. There not interfering with the progression to 1.3 so they shouldn't be any problems with leaving them in the game
[doublepost=1495380154,1495379710][/doublepost]
That. Would. Be. Amazing!

If Ocram were to drop some sort of expert mode accessory, I would kind of imagine it to be like an upgraded star veil that releases demon sickles and lasers as you get hit, and it could even be combined with the star veil itself to make a strong accessory like the celestial shell.

Not so much like a buff to all damage as though it is different but the worm scarf is the opposite to that buff.

Or, he could be a first to actually drop a weapon of some sorts. Maybe like a summoner weapon that summons his minions that apply a venom debuff

Ofcourse this is all speculation but it would be super cool if they were to give Ocram some love in the form of an Expert mode drop.
Awesome idea!

This is the item I would make:

Ocram's Telepathium
Expert Mode drop
Material
Causes deadly sickles to fall from the skies when struck
"Demons come from the sky"

It can be merged with the Star Veil, creating:

Blessed Skyveil
Expert Mode item
Causes stars and death sickles to fall from the sky and increases invincibility length when struck
"The celestial forces of good and evil may protect you"

The Ocram's Telepathium's tooltip is a reference to Lex Luthor's quote in Batman vs Superman, and Blessed Skyveil's tooltip is a reference to the powers of the equipment itself, mentioning cellestial (stars), evil (sickles) and protect (invincibility bonus).

Oh ok makes sense thanks

I started over on pc and i'm happy with it because i can play every updates earlier than any console pea... i mean player. Sorry. Power corrupts my mind already. And i'm going to get additional 8gb ram of power... i try to fight with that because i was console pea... player myself.
Some people don't mind starting over but it's a whole other thing when your forced to when before updates didn't have problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom