A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all the idiots complaining about the delay and slagging off the devs and pipeworks, why don't you get a pc and see if you can do any :red:ing better at programming the rewrite and update, maybe then you will shut up and be patient for the next big FREE update.

I'd have to agree. There's way too much complaining about the release date. I'm super excited for it, but I understand they're trying to make sure it's as smooth as possible and done right. And they said Q2 originally, yes, but unforseen things happen and it got pushed back. Deal with it. Play other games until it gets released.
It is annoying seeing the entitled impatient fans complaing every day about it. :/

To all the idiots complaining about the delay and slagging off the devs and pipeworks, why don't you get a pc and see if you can do any :red:ing better at programming the rewrite and update, maybe then you will shut up and be patient for the next big FREE update.

@Jaster Rogue

It is fine to voice your opinion on how other people are impatient. However it is still important to ensure that it is expressed respectfully overall. Referring to other people as "idiots" is not acceptable overall. Though it is not referring to any specific individuals it is targeted towards a specific group of people.

Just a heads up to keep it cool and respectful, any time when discussing on the Forums.

My opinion on the Thread Topic at hand, I know it can be difficult to wait for exciting games and updates to games to come out. I've been there too, I've had to wait for many games. Waiting for 1.2 and later 1.3 for Terraria felt like at the time like a long, but exciting wait.

Ultimately the wait is worth it, and it is far better to have a quality game come out and to not have a definite release date than to have the other option. An announced release date that is not meet in my opinion, is far more disappointing than not having a release date at all. This way Pipeworks can take the time they need to get it right :dryadsmile:

Last edited:
Sorry Aurora. I've just finally had enough of people whining about the update. It seems to be all I ever see here and on reddit. I'm pissed off about the delay too, but I don't think it's fair to slag off the devs when they are doing the best they can.

I stand by the overall message but I admit I could have worded it better.

Sorry Aurora. I've just finally had enough of people whining about the update. It seems to be all I ever see here and on reddit. I'm pissed off about the delay too, but I don't think it's fair to slag off the devs when they are doing the best they can.

I stand by the overall message but I admit I could have worded it better.
Delay after delay and change of developer in a mean time with informations rare as tactical skeleton in hardmode dungeon and previous updates that was delayed too especially 1.2.4 that was delayed few times than it was sliced and released in two parts first as christmas update and second after few delays in q2 or 3 next year.
Nothing really. That's why i bought pc. Not really but having update early was a good thing.

Delay after delay and change of developer in a mean time with informations rare as tactical skeleton in hardmode dungeon and previous updates that was delayed too especially 1.2.4 that was delayed few times than it was sliced and released in two parts first as christmas update and second after few delays in q2 or 3 next year.
Nothing really. That's why i bought pc. Not really but having update early was a good thing.
Tbh I'm fine with waiting. If the update was released early, it would be filled with bugs. My dad and I worked really hard on our world, so we don't want it to get ruined.

Tbh I'm fine with waiting. If the update was released early, it would be filled with bugs. My dad and I worked really hard on our world, so we don't want it to get ruined.
1.2.4 was still filled with bugs and delayed so... stop lying to yourself? Maybe? More delays don't equals less bugs but delay especially excused with words "to do what needs doing" (that could mean literally everything) smells fishy , also squashing bugs, optimizing performance, and addressing the list of feedback that we are giving Pipeworks is not work for 3 months so what they are doing and why didn't told anything specific?
Greetings, Terrarians!

As you may have seen from Cenx' tweet this week, we have been playtesting the upcoming Console 1.3 update within our team in order to help make this rewrite/update the very best that it can be. (If you missed the image of the team playing, check it out below). We are having a great time and generating tons of feedback for the Pipeworks team.

Clearly, a ton of progress has been made - pretty much everything has been added, etc., though quite a good amount of work remains in squashing bugs, optimizing performance, and addressing the list of feedback that we are giving Pipeworks as a part of our playtesting.

The good part of this is that the game/update will be all the more polished and awesome as a result of this extra work.

The downside is that the team is going to need more time than expected to pull it all together. How long isn't quite clear yet - but both teams feel pretty sure that we are looking at a delay into Q3 in order to do what needs doing. Obviously, that isn't ideal for anyone, but it is what is needed to hit our "quality first" philosophy and to make this update hit its potential.

Hopefully, the delay will not be too long at all, but we wanted to go ahead and fill you guys in on the situation as soon as we knew ourselves.

Thanks for understanding and your support - we will answer any questions that we can of course.
Because half of the update is not ready (or implemented all) like always maybe.

Last edited:
1.2.4 was still filled with bugs and delayed so... stop lying to yourself? Maybe? More delays don't equals less bugs but delay especially excused with words "to do what needs doing" (that could mean literally everything) smells fishy , also squashing bugs, optimizing performance, and addressing the list of feedback that we are giving Pipeworks is not work for 3 months so what they are doing and why didn't told anything specific?

Because half of the update is not ready (or implemented all) like always maybe.
What I mean is that I don't want a repeat of the 1.2 update. Lost a good world to that. So no, I'm not lying to myself haha. If I get a gamebreaking bug free update, them I'm fine with waiting.

What I mean is that I don't want a repeat of the 1.2 update. Lost a good world to that. So no, I'm not lying to myself haha. If I get a gamebreaking bug free update, them I'm fine with waiting.
Yeaaaa especially with that "Bug free update" being result of delay. 100% true®©

Gamebreaking Bug free*
Look, I'm not trying to argue, just stating that I don't mind waiting. So lets just drop it
Could you still play after you lost your world? Yes? So it's not gamebreaking. Steam version of call of cthulhu dark corners of the earth where at the beginning when you go to the basement crash and you can't progress is gamebreaking. Lost save is nothing gamebreaking. Btw Why you want to use old world for new update?

Soooo are they gonna release this update before i die from this massive :red: hurricane! Im trying to play 1.3 before i die.

squashing bugs, optimizing performance, and addressing the list of feedback that we are giving Pipeworks is not work for 3 months so what they are doing and why didn't told anything specific?
I'm curious how you can be so certain about the conditions of a development process that as far as I'm aware, you've taken no part in? They rebuilt Terraria on an entirely new engine. Only Pipeworks and Re-Logic know what bugs and issues it's been having as it's code has never gone public. Re-Logic has stated repeatedly that they won't release a game until it meets their standards. They're not charging anything extra for these updates or taking pre-orders so they don't really owe anyone anything.

As long as you abide by the forum rules you can say what you want but it really won't have any effect on the release of the update. Keep in mind that ruminating on negativity will only make you feel more negative in general, you've only got so much time in this world, why waste it on griping about something you have no influence over? :)

Buy computer.
Lol its not that simple im in highschool im going to start working hopefully but i aint got no money plus why buy somthing that you already have for somthing else that gets a free update and then buy pc which has the update already that's a waste

Trolling/Personal Attacks with subliminal messages
I'm curious how you can be so certain about the conditions of a development process that as far as I'm aware, you've taken no part in? They rebuilt Terraria on an entirely new engine. Only Pipeworks and Re-Logic know what bugs and issues it's been having as it's code has never gone public. Re-Logic has stated repeatedly that they won't release a game until it meets their standards. They're not charging anything extra for these updates or taking pre-orders so they don't really owe anyone anything.

As long as you abide by the forum rules you can say what you want but it really won't have any effect on the release of the update. Keep in mind that ruminating on negativity will only make you feel more negative in general, you've only got so much time in this world, why waste it on griping about something you have no influence over? :)
I feel positive because i don't need to wait and my 16gb ram is more than enough for terraria (rip 7th gen players)
i really don't give a :red: when update for Consoles will be released bUt i do care about what 505 says. they caN Tell the release date when they absolutely definitely
100% know when the console update will be released not throw some date without checking if they can do it as fast as they say.

You said in a previous post that you now have a pc. So why are you bothering to post here in the console section?
Because i was console player too and i know now how amazing 1.3 is and feel bad for all console players that for many reasons can't enjoy the update. And because i like to argue.

Lol its not that simple im in highschool im going to start working hopefully but i aint got no money plus why buy somthing that you already have for somthing else that gets a free update and then buy pc which has the update already that's a waste
Are you telling me you don't play terraria on your pc because you can play on pc only 1 game and/or your computer have just enough memory for system(windows 95? dos?) and that other game?

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel positive because i don't need to wait and my 16gb ram is more than enough for terraria (rip 7th gen players)
i really don't give a s..t when update for Consoles will be released bUt i do care about what 505 says. they caN Tell the release date when they absolutely definitely
100% know when the console update will be released not throw some date without checking if they can do it as fast as they say.

Because i was console player too and i know now how amazing 1.3 is and feel bad for all console players that for many reasons can't enjoy the update. And because i like to argue.

Are you telling me you don't play terraria on your pc because you can play on pc only 1 game and/or your computer have just enough memory for system(windows 95? dos?) and that other game?
No im saying i have a pc but i already had bought terraira for console why buy the same game just to play the same update that's already coming to console

No im saying i have a pc but i already had bought terraira for console why buy the same game just to play the same update that's already coming to console
Because you will get update 1.3 now not year later and same with any update that will come after. I have terraria for ps vita, ps3, ps4, xbox 360, android and pc

As someone who played on old gen consoles, and purchased a new copy for the current gen based on the original timeline we were given on this release, i disagree with this being a "free" update. I would never have bought a copy for ps4 if it wasnt required for the new content. So far i have seen no return on my purchase, and very little information as to when i will be recieving this content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom