A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who played on old gen consoles, and purchased a new copy for the current gen based on the original timeline we were given on this release, i disagree with this being a "free" update. I would never have bought a copy for ps4 if it wasnt required for the new content. So far i have seen no return on my purchase, and very little information as to when i will be recieving this content.
You have til the end of the month, per Pipeworks revision. You're not the only one waiting, I'm sure Pipeworkds is working as hard as they can. I for one would rather wait for them to deliver something they can be proud to deliver versus getting some buggy mess that isn't enjoyable to play.

You have til the end of the month, per Pipeworks revision. You're not the only one waiting, I'm sure Pipeworkds is working as hard as they can. I for one would rather wait for them to deliver something they can be proud to deliver versus getting some buggy mess that isn't enjoyable to play.

To each their own. I would rather they kept their word and released during q2 like they advertised they would waaaay back in 2016. And since that ship has sailed, i would like them to have at least taken an active role in keeping their community informed. We are now 1/3 of the way though sept, and still no new information regarding the promised release. The only information we recieved in months comes from thier youtube Show case and streams. One week its absolutly going to be a q3 release. The next week they shrug and tell us they don't know. I get it, they didnt want to release a buggy mess, but with the deadline getting so close, they have no excuse for not providing us with a new update on timeing.

Last edited:
To each their own. I would rather they kept their word and released during q2 like they advertised they would waaaay back in 2016. And since that ship has sailed, i would like them to have at least taken an active role in keeping their community informed. We are now 1/3 of the way though sept, and still no new information regarding the promised release. The only information we recieved in months comes from thier youtube Show case and streams. One week its abaolutely going to be a q3 release. The next week they shrug and tell us they don't know. I get it, they didnt want to release a buggy mess, but with the deadline getting so close, they have no excuse for not providing us with a new update on timeing.

It would be nice to hear something soon. Like you said, Q3 is almost over and there's no new info. Might as well just be a Q4 release (hope not). Also can you people stop pointing out that "Hey, a delayed less buggy version is better." We know...

By Q2 do they mean the 2nd quarter of the year becuuse I'd so its already into the third quarter and almost into the 4th so

Yeah, it was originally supposed to be q2, they announced they would be delaying into q3 back in i think may, in a different forum post. They just never updated this one. The forum page "an update on timing" is supposed to be their definitive page for news on 1.3 but they havent given any new updated information in months.

To each their own. I would rather they kept their word and released during q2 like they advertised they would waaaay back in 2016. And since that ship has sailed, i would like them to have at least taken an active role in keeping their community informed. We are now 1/3 of the way though sept, and still no new information regarding the promised release. The only information we recieved in months comes from thier youtube Show case and streams. One week its absolutly going to be a q3 release. The next week they shrug and tell us they don't know. I get it, they didnt want to release a buggy mess, but with the deadline getting so close, they have no excuse for not providing us with a new update on timeing.

You're right about community involvement, it could be better. However, We'll have to agree to disagree when it comes to releasing in q2 as advertised, I think the backlash would be more severe with the community. It came as no surprise to me that the update got delayed, it's a huge patch. Keeping a promise would seem an afterthought compared to: ex. Mobs not dropping certain items from their table or rolling certain prefixes.

As someone who played on old gen consoles, and purchased a new copy for the current gen based on the original timeline we were given on this release, i disagree with this being a "free" update. I would never have bought a copy for ps4 if it wasnt required for the new content. So far i have seen no return on my purchase, and very little information as to when i will be recieving this content.
I'm sorry to hear that, but the fact is the only thing they've guaranteed is that current gen will be getting the update. They talked about their goals for release but never promised an actual date. When you pay for content do you prefer that it works or not?

I'm sorry to hear that, but the fact is the only thing they've guaranteed is that current gen will be getting the update. They talked about their goals for release but never promised an actual date. When you pay for content do you prefer that it works or not?

Why should you not expect both quality and integrity from a company. It does not have to be exclusively one or the other. They advertised all the way back in 2016 that the update would be released in q2 2017. When they stated old gen console users would be required to buy a new copy in order to play this content, should they not have done so based on the companies own words regarding the release of that content? If thats the case, how should the community be reacting to their statements regarding this update being scheduled to come out this quarter, especially considering there are only 19 days left and they have still not put out a any updated information regarding it. Your basically stating that they have no obligation to the customers who bought a new copy of the game based on the companies own advertising of these features. I already had this discussion on another thread, and found the link to thier twitter page from 2016 where it was stated q2 2017 was the release period multiple times with out any of the maybe, or targets, or we're aiming for's so common in their current statements. So, does this mean that the twitter page is not being handled by an official representative of the company? Now all this said, is it your place as a moderator to tell people how they should be feeling regarding these delays. Or whether or not they have the right to be upset or ask for more information about when we can expect a release of content. Especially after purchasing a new copy in good faith based on the companies own words? I personally feel it's wrong for you to be talking down to people just trying to figure out what exactly is happening, since no concrete information is coming out to the public. As a moderator are you speaking on behalf of the company? If so, i can tell you now, i'm done. A company that displays this much disdain for their customers or the obligations they themselves have made, do not deserve to keep them. If you are not a speaking on their behalf, i would like to see how they feel regarding these statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom