A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure i can. When you make a commitment, you stick to it. That's alot of whats wrong with the world today. People would rather jump on the person who points out when someone fails to keep their obligations, then the ones who went back on their word. A companies reputation is made or broken in these situations. When i make a purchase based on a companies promises, i take them at their word. If they fail to keep those promises, why would you not expect people to be upset. I put my money down on what service they said they were going to provide, and when they said they would provide it. When a comapany fails, why would you blame the consumer?
Re-Logic has decided that their commitment to quality supersedes their projected delivery times. Plain and simple. If they were about money and greedy they wouldn't take the extra time and money to completely rewrite the game and make sure it's up to snuff. Would you have been happy if 1.3 came out in June but deleted all your saves or crashed every 15 mins?

Re-Logic has decided that their commitment to quality supersedes their projected delivery times. Plain and simple. If they were about money and greedy they wouldn't take the extra time and money to completely rewrite the game and make sure it's up to snuff. Would you have been happy if 1.3 came out in June but deleted all your saves or crashed every 15 mins?
The thought of that reminds me of the complete :red: storm that was 1.2 for consoles way back in the day.

It's definitely better that an update be delayed so that it will be up to snuff, instead of it being rushed and there being a repeat of what happened long ago.

Sure i can. When you make a commitment, you stick to it. That's alot of whats wrong with the world today. People would rather jump on the person who points out when someone fails to keep their obligations, then the ones who went back on their word. A companies reputation is made or broken in these situations. When i make a purchase based on a companies promises, i take them at their word. If they fail to keep those promises, why would you not expect people to be upset. I put my money down on what service they said they were going to provide, and when they said they would provide it. When a comapany fails, why would you blame the consumer?

I won't lie, I don't want to have to do this, but if it gets through to you, so be it.

Do you have a twitter account with which to slam every presidential candidate after their terms?
Because you sound like you have a serious allergy (or something) to lying, and also an inability to understand what is and is not a PROMISE. Personally, I would much rather trust a specific developer/employee of Re-Logic or Pipeworks over a company account, many people have access to that.

Also, people have been misspelling a ton of words in their well written posts, which I notice due to OCD, I saw your misspelling of "Company" there, and I've noticed Nike Leon misspell "supercedes" in his latest post, as well as a few other words. What does this prove? THAT WE'RE :red:ING HUMANS. People make mistakes, the person writing the Twitter Post you pasted may not have realized that what he posted sounds definite based on the person asking the question's choice of words "When WILL 1.3 come out?" Technically, the person on the Company Account did NOT say anything like:
It Will be available by Q2
It will Definately be updated by Q2
It Shall be released by Q2
You can play it during Q2
It will be finished by Q2

ETC.

And furthermore, that was a 505 Games Account, NOT PipeWorks, the ones "making sure the pipes work" if you will.

When a comapany fails, why would you blame the consumer?
Wrong question, try "When a consumer fails, can they really blame the company?" No company in question actually failed, but YOU failed to understand what they meant.

You have so many official posts to tread through, and you're basing your whole argument on 1, and it's from Twitter, no less. You can't tell me you were so ignorant as to not understand what they meant.

Also, the writer of the posts knew about an update, the post that VERY FIRST informed us of this update was probably pretty damn clear what their intentions were, this isn't the original, this is too recent.

Sidenote, @Kazzymodus you deserve a damn medal for those posts of yours.

So after having established that Re-Logic specifically indicated that their given release date in the initial announcement was an estimate, susceptible to change, you assume that one specific reaffirmation of that release date on Twitter afterwards, omitting that specific detail, turns the whole thing into a set promise?

This is ridiculous in itself, but it's also a blatant case of selection bias. You chose that specific screenshot, yet you neglected to show this one, where they state they don't have a definitive release date yet. Or this one. Or this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one (I got bored at this stage), this one, this one, other assorted forums posts, and pretty much every single stream (Liz Lambert's hoodie, anyone?).

Evidence should support a theory. Not the other way round.

Terraria's engine was created 6 years ago using XNA. That is an old format that is not compatible with current consoles. It's not as simple as copy and pasting. Things have to be reformatted or sometimes entirely recoded in order to work with the limitations and capabilities of modern consoles. There are going to be bugs and Re-Logic won't release it until it is satisfactory. That's their integrity.
The point of literally all my posts

Your head

I'm here for 1 thing. Info on the update. Telling us we're getting a delay and nothing else is :red:ed. I'm not saying bring it out tomorrow or riot, I'm saying keep us in the loop. Especially if we keep getting pointed to this place whenever we ask for info elsewhere. But now we actually have some info so I'll back off till October 1st. Because that new thread low key announced another delay don't think I missed that lol

On a side note. I find it hilarious you guys are accusing khaos of cherry picking when you all keep conveniently forgetting something.

When ps3/360 were abandoned, we were told to buy the newer version in order to continue playing the updates.
Whatever :red: you wanna sling to say they're not obligated to put out the update, I'd usually agree with you. But they quite literally told us to buy the game again to continue receiving updates. So in this one case, yes they absolutely are obligated to put it out.

I was buying it either way for that zoom. Not everyone felt that way though. At the very least stop sidestepping this.

If anyone truly believes that a crime has been committed on this forum or that you have a legitimate claim of fraud, and you can find an attorney willing to represent you in that, then by all means take your case to the courts. We are not going to entertain any further discussion about it here or anywhere else on the forum.

This thread has served its purpose and there is a newer news thread, so this one is now closed.

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/one-terraria-an-introduction-future-impacts.61935/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom