A Quick Update on Journey's End Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
There hasn't been any let's play of 1.4 ? It's not public, why would there be let's play ?
Well, maybe OP (is that op or is the creator of the thread op?) Had to play later after the release date. OR he just didn't want to watch the YouTubers who stream and make videos on the update.

Hey, was getting excited about this when I noticed that it said Mac/Linux localization and stability would be released in a later patch? I am quite curious to know what this means, because I play on Mac, and I don't want to start playing and the game not be stable or something like that. Thanks :)

I'm wondering if we can get more clarification on this as well. My bestfriend and I live several states from each other, and he runs Linux

But I noticed the "Mac/Linux stability for later" part, does that mean the game will be hardly playable for us, at release ?

Just saying that Mac/Linux may require a bit of extra work for full optimization/bugs/etc.... so you will have 1.4, just may have a few issues. If that doesn't feel right to you, you can use 1.3.5 until it does. :)

Here's hoping that with 1.3.5 being available through this, we could see 1.3, 1.2.4, 1.2, 1.1.2 and the older 1.0 versions available for use!

Not likely - sorry!

Will 1.4 only come to PC or will it go to console too? Or will it have cross play? I want to be able to play it with my little brother

Yes to 1.4 on Consoles... we cannot promise anything one way or the other in regards to crossplay. Sure, that would be great... but this is not something that is easy or can be guaranteed.

Good day Terrarians!

It seems like we are all finding ourselves with a lot more time inside to play games lately. Re-Logic has noticed, and we are pleased to announce that due to the current state of things in the world, we are pushing harder than ever to get Journey's End out to you within the next couple of months! In order to make this possible we will likely have to release localization and Mac/Linux stability in an future patch, but we are also planning to include the ability to load a 1.3.5 version of the game using a branch build in Steam – perfect for mod players as well.

The team will also be going over the thousands of entries for the Journey’s End Vanity contest over the next couple of weeks as we try to whittle down to our finalists! There is a chance these won’t be ready for launch, but we will get them in with the postlaunch updates – so don’t worry!

Stay safe, stay healthy – and prepare for Journey’s End soon!

Well, maybe OP (is that op or is the creator of the thread op?) Had to play later after the release date. OR he just didn't want to watch the YouTubers who stream and make videos on the update.
But that doesn't matter because he said he watch spoilers but Youtuber only update on spoilers.

Probably because 1.3 had that happen.
But 1.3 had that happen EXTREMELY soon. So soon it'll be likely already started for 1.4, which it hasn't. And since with that, 1.4 will be rush like never before, I doubt they'll have time to make any let's play because they want to get the update to us as soon as possible.

At this point you guys will know as soon as we do. I will say the time between the release date announcement and release will be a very short period of time. :)

Hey, Cenx, are you okay? I would like to request some minor change: please ask to our spriters to make that coralstone blocks "attach" to adjacent sand and stone (and some others to your liking), so we can build more organic structures. The current way, coral seems to be "floating", when put over every block.

Thank you in advance, we love you all, and your work. Take care of yourself and your family.

Good day Terrarians!

It seems like we are all finding ourselves with a lot more time inside to play games lately. Re-Logic has noticed, and we are pleased to announce that due to the current state of things in the world, we are pushing harder than ever to get Journey's End out to you within the next couple of months! In order to make this possible we will likely have to release localization and Mac/Linux stability in an future patch, but we are also planning to include the ability to load a 1.3.5 version of the game using a branch build in Steam – perfect for mod players as well.

The team will also be going over the thousands of entries for the Journey’s End Vanity contest over the next couple of weeks as we try to whittle down to our finalists! There is a chance these won’t be ready for launch, but we will get them in with the postlaunch updates – so don’t worry!

Stay safe, stay healthy – and prepare for Journey’s End soon!
This may be a dumb question but will it be able to install mod on console

This may be a dumb question but will it be able to install mod on console
I don't think you are able to add mods on console or mobile, cause they aren't as open as PCs? I don't know for sure, but I do know that PC is open to download required files for it, I don't know how everything is accessed for console though, I don't know exactly, but I think updates don't really change how everything is accessed/ open.

Well too bad I didn’t participate to the vanity contest. It don’t mind if the winning entries will be out after Journey’s End. 1.4 itself is what I am waiting for.

Yay

Attachments

• New Piskel.gif
    New Piskel.gif
    4 KB · Views: 102
At this point you guys will know as soon as we do. I will say the time between the release date announcement and release will be a very short period of time. :)
Hey Cenx, what about what's left to be worked on and what stage of development is it on? Such as adding gameplay mechanics, adding items, adding bosses, optimizing, and final tweaks and fixes, etc.

I would say that players using modded versions prior to those mods being updated to 1.4 would vehemently disagree with you. :p

No open beta.
That's actually nice considering Modding is a pretty big thing in most gaming communities.

...But... but... Bannerlord isn't going to be properly baked before 2021 so I need this now!

More bosses than 1.3?

I suppose I can/can't wait.

I'm on the hype train now... toot! toot!

Pretty vague, 'couple of months', but I'll take it. :merchanttongue:

It's funny to me that we went from "it'll be out in late 2019", to "with this whole quarantine situation, we're going to be able to REALLY push now, so now it might even be out by halfway through 2020!"

Based on that, the initial projection was off by... Err, almost an entire year? With all due respect, how does that even happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom