A Road Well Traveled - Terraria: Journey's End Launches on Xbox & PlayStation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Loki
Happy Gamer Comments?, yeah probably, a lot of us are impressed with the hard work and the hotfixes you guys have been pumping out, though ineviatbly old bugs will come back every now and then and new ones show up, but I look forward to the partity update eventually as well as being able to play 1.4+ on the switch. I like the new control schemes added by the way like how they were in 1.3, took me time to get used to the old 1.4 controls but i got used them but after playing with the old controls again i got used to them, guess im good at adapting to control changes? who knows.

Thank you for your hard work. I do have 2 questions regarding a possible bug and missing feature.

1. Is their a fix in the works for the Lunatic cultists? He currently on console does not drop a treasure bag on master mode.

2. Any word if combo coop ( playing splitscreen while playing in a online session) will be making a return?
The lunatic cultist doesn’t drop an expert/master mode treasure bag so there is no expert mode item for it. All the drops you get from him just fall on the ground.

Well... I'm back after quite a while, because, Yesterday, i decided "You know what, I'm getting tired of Hollow knight and Dead cells, lets play terraria today"

And then I started it up, and noticed, the music was different, can't realize fully what's going on, and naturally look to the update version: 1.4.2

Incredible work, thank you terraria team, for your time, for all you have done, and all you plan to do.
Good luck terraria team, and good wishes.

Hey Sooo.... maybe i am just terribly unlucky (or confused), but Cartons of Milk don't seem to spawn... like, at ALL for me. I know i know, .6% drop rate, but hear me out.

My go-to thought process for farming these was of course, "oh, all skeleton Variants drop these? ALL y'say? say no more - its dungeon farming time"

heh, 'all' MY :red:. i head to the ideal farming spot of one of my dungeons, all decked out with everything i need assuming i can just overnight it &let the Terrraprismas on my back go to town, seeing how damn near EVERYRTHING in there [dungeon] is a skelly variant... welp, after like 3 whole nights of this method, i haven't dropped even one. not a SINGLE drop. :nurseconfused:

I did some digging (wiki) to make sure it wasn't just my own oversight, and it turns out, only Spore Skeleton (glowing mushroom biome variant) and the BASE Skeleton have had CoM added to their loot pools... meaning trying to go to dungeons where, i dunno, HUNDREDS of skeleton variants all thrive, therefore being anyone's go-to method, simply isn't even a method at all. 😐

what sucks even more is that these dungeon version skellys are flat out listed in the wiki as actual skeleton variants, however carton of milk was never added to their loot pools. was this intentional?

As seen in "Carton of Milk" and "Skeleton" page on wiki:
20211026142708_LI.jpg

(not gonna post a pic from every page of course lol, but i basically checked each skelly on this chart individually and, NONE of them have milk in their loot pools - minus reg skelly and Spore skelly)

there's even a side note above chart saying how you can connect skeleton statues to wire and like a quarter-second timer (from mechanic) to mass-produce / farm more effectively, albeit the usual drop rates are reduced. thankfully i had one [the statue] just chilling in another world. so i say well lets try that, at least its something, better than waiting around for reg skellys to spawn naturally.... RIGHT?!

wrong. %:sigh:
milk isn't listed for the statue-spawn versions either. 🙃

i know it can't be an oversight on the developer's end seeing how all other food items were added successfully and drop pretty regularly (BBQ Ribs, Cream Soda, Coffee, etc.) but milk is only on 2 types that barely spawn at all while the wiki says otherwise (the whole "all skeleton variants drop this" lie misconception.)

20211026142541_LI (2).jpg

i'll keep trying lol, but this is downright ABYSMAL. especially when considering that neither regular skeletons nor the spore variant spawn all that often, and even when in the suitable
biome/area you still have to deal with all the OTHER respective enemies while waiting around for that one sweet enemy, who wont drop what you want anyway lol. not even the RoD did me this dirty, which has an even LOWER rate as i'm sure we all know.

Petition to ACTUALLY add CoM to ALL skeletons, namely the dungeon-themed ones, as the wiki illicitly SAYS it does? lol cause at this rate, they are next to not even attainable let alone farmable. just came to point that out for anyone else who sets their sights on Milk, I'll retract this if i indeed end up finding one, thanks and happy gaming. ✌️

Last edited:
The collection of "Skeletons" listed at the bottom of the Skeleton wiki page is not based on any form of actual in-game classification/code-side. Mechanically speaking, all of those enemies have absolutely nothing in common with each other, their only similarity being visual/naming.

Actual "Skeleton variants" are randomized variations of the base enemy (Skeleton, NPC ID 21), which can sometime spawn INSTEAD of them, in their default spawning conditions. This includes the things like "Small/Big, Headache Skeleton, Misassembled Skeleton, etc", which are all mechanically almost identical to NPC ID 21, just with slightly different stats. This also includes the Halloween Skeletons, which are added to this pool of possible Skeleton variants during Halloween.

Spore Skeleton is a bit of exception, as it is not mechanically a "variant" of Skeleton, NPC ID 21. However, it shares a virtually identical loot pool, similar AI, and still spawns more or less in similar conditions, just in the Underground Mushroom biome. This is simply how Spore Skeleton was designed.

All of the other skeletons mentioned are NOT Skeleton variants. You will notice that a major distinction between the two groups (Skeleton/Skeleton Variants/Spore Skeleton as group one) and (All of the other Skeletons listed on the wiki page as group two) are that they do not share a loot pool. Things like the Bone Sword or the Ancient Helmets drop ONLY from the Skeletons/Spore Skeletons, while the rest have their own entirely independent loot pools. And this is the distinction with the Carton of Milk. Carton of Milk is part of the "Skeleton/Spore Skeleton" loot pool. It is not a global drop from "all Skeleton-like enemies".

I will also offer a reminder that the information on the wiki is fan-populated, and though rare, it occasionally contains errors, and these errors are not necessarily a reflection of oversights in the game. And though they list all of those Skeletons on that page, that is an entirely arbitrary classification that is not reflected in any way by the game's code. Furthermore, I'll point out that the section you are referencing does NOT call those assorted enemies "Skeleton variants". It is simply a note in the Trivia section that says that:

• Skeletons appear in more than 50 different forms in the game:

So when the Carton of Milk page says "Skeleton variants", it appears it is referring specifically to the group of Skeleton ID 21 variations directly listed at the top of the page, which is indeed labeled "Variants":
1635340897021.png

So I would say that the wiki itself is not even in error in this case. It says that Skeleton variants drop Carton of Milk (which they do), and then also has a list of assorted Skeleton-like enemies as a trivia note, which is not labeled as Skeleton variants. There is no overt verbal indication that these enemies are intended to drop Carton of Milk, nor are they intended to. This, of course, is further evidenced by the fact that several of these Skeleton-like enemies also have their own food drops (Cream Soda, BBQ Ribs, etc).

Is the blade staff only dropped from queen slime on pc? I don't know if my luck is bad or if I'm missing something, but I've only seen it dropped from the enchanted sword enemies

Hey guys, it's me, just a head's up my paternal grandfather's funeral was today and it was very taxing not only physically, but mentally, emotionally and verbally, and though i'm calmed down, I'm still undnerstandably cut up about it internally plus Ive been having a bit of a naff week and this month as a whole has been rather crap, so if I vanish and go quiet for a few days, thats why though I might try and post if I can, if I feel like it. Sorry mods, if it's irrelevant, Im just poitning that out, tomorrow, I might start on my all items world. But Im very bad at finishing things I start, so yeah, no promises.

@Leinfors
All of the other skeletons mentioned are NOT Skeleton variants. You will notice that a major distinction between the two groups (Skeleton/Skeleton Variants/Spore Skeleton as group one) and (All of the other Skeletons listed on the wiki page as group two) are that they do not share a loot pool. Things like the Bone Sword or the Ancient Helmets drop ONLY from the Skeletons/Spore Skeletons, while the rest have their own entirely independent loot pools. And this is the distinction with the Carton of Milk. Carton of Milk is part of the "Skeleton/Spore Skeleton" loot pool. It is not a global drop from "all Skeleton-like enemies".
Hmmm yeah I figured as much, thanks for the swift reply and detailed clarification! So it's as i originally thought - those two lists provided are completely independent of each other and thus, there's no 'quick farm' method (seeing as that means you will have to deal with everything else in said biomes while waiting around for them [base skeleton, spore skeleton] to spawn let alone drop what you are after). Sucks, But i dealt w that for the RoD - i can do it again i suppose lol. a massive player made mushroom biome at cavern lvl should do the trick. %:sigh:

But surely you all see just how tedious that is? personally i would have just put it on all skellys either way cause that makes more sense and confuses less players but hey i'm not the one in charge here and i totally get why its not (independent food items/loot pools for others as we both already pointed out).
So when the Carton of Milk page says "Skeleton variants", it appears it is referring specifically to the group of Skeleton ID 21 variations directly listed at the top of the page, which is indeed labeled "Variants":
View attachment 345322
no yeah that much i get, i was just confused as to why no others had it as well but you have since pointed out why. this is due to the fact that the ENTIRE drop pool is unique from the others (they do not drop hook, bone sword, ancient helms, milk, etc.)

So I would say that the wiki itself is not even in error in this case. It says that Skeleton variants drop Carton of Milk (which they do), and then also has a list of assorted Skeleton-like enemies as a trivia note, which is not labeled as Skeleton variants. There is no overt verbal indication that these enemies are intended to drop Carton of Milk, nor are they intended to. This, of course, is further evidenced by the fact that several of these Skeleton-like enemies also have their own food drops (Cream Soda, BBQ Ribs, etc).
yeah no i was never actually trying to call anyone out for a mistake or anything lol, it was more of a "yo, heads up, this doesn't make sense to me, can someone explain pls?" which you just did. Appreciate you taking the time to give this a read.

Apologies if my read came off a bit aggressive - it was more so confusion than aggression lol. Once again thanks for clearing that up. ✌️

can you put an option to go back to old controls, Also whenever i do split screen with my brothers it glitches a ton and gets really slow.

Thanks @Loki and DR Studios team for the Dynamic Hotbar (DH) change! However, one main thing is different - if an item chosen on the DH is also on the normal hotbar and you try to cycle hotbar items (e.g., R1, R2), it will start cycling from the last KNOWN hotbar position instead of from the new spot that the DH item is on. Is this intended? If so, can this please be reverted or optional?

For clarification, before the big JE update, if items were cycled after selecting an item on the DH that was also on the normal hotbar, they would start cycling from the NEW spot on the normal hotbar, not the last known position. This could be used to your advantage by putting similar items close on the hotbar (e.g., multiple melee weapons close to eachother), so that only one DH slot could be used to "travel" to that area of the hotbar, only requiring one or two R1/L1 presses to get to similar items.

This begs the question - why don't I just set a hotkey for hotbar positions in controller options? Well, two reasons:

1) Dynamic hotbar allows me to select items in my inventory which are NOT in the hotbar. I could still still use this for a couple items, however, this leads to my main reason...
2) Setting a hotkey for the normal hotbar only selects the item when the button is released, not when it is pressed. This has implications for moment-to-moment gameplay "feel", especially when in tense combat situations where items need to be selected immediately. For this reason, I don't like using the hotbar position hotkey option at all.

In this scenario, I see two solutions:

1) Change cycling to pre-JE update behaviour, so that after a DH item on the hotbar is selected, cycling begins at the new location, not the last known location (current behaviour).
2) Change how hotbar position hotkeys work so that the item is selected when the button is pressed, not when it is released (current behaviour).

I hope this has been insightful. Thanks again to the team!

They haven't ruled it out but it might be unlikely, but who knows. Dont take my word for it Im kinda quoting Loki.

All this waiting and the game is now unplayable thanks the top bar being off screen. Can't even see what the weapons are.

Surely, after the complaints in 1.3 about this, something could have been done to address this?
Change your screen border in the settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom