A Road Well Traveled - Terraria: Journey's End Launches on Xbox & PlayStation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you fix where you on console when you have something selected and your moving it you can click something else it will switch them so you are moving that around instead of it switching the position in the inventory.

can you fix where you on console when you have something selected and your moving it you can click something else it will switch them so you are moving that around instead of it switching the position in the inventory.
I saw the same issue for me and I wonder if there is a way to stop it or is it like that now

Oh okay well let me repeat myself then,the controls are utter garbage. And you have zero positive input.
jeez you dont need to get so heated
i just said that you will most likely get used to it because lots of people did on mobile
it was seen as unplayable, but now it is playable for most people.
Just try it out and dont get really angry at people please?

i just said that you will most likely get used to it because lots of people did on mobile
Last time I checked mobile gamers aren't console gamers. And touch controls are easier to adapt as its just a touch screen with no additional buttons.

Apologies, it's just really infuriating waiting so long for this patch and then you can't even really play it effectively or rather the way you want because you aren't able to map things out to the way you want. Its just so frustrating.

also could you guys bring back the ingame keyboard, because every time you want to type in split screen, the whole game freezes. Who didn't see that problem?!

even worse, is that the 1.3 era even had a built in keyboard that didn't interrupt gameplay.

Attachments

• what-it-do-nick-young.gif
    what-it-do-nick-young.gif
    213.7 KB · Views: 37
also could you guys bring back the ingame keyboard, because every time you want to type in split screen, the whole game freezes. Who didn't see that problem?!

even worse, is that the 1.3 era even had a built in keyboard that didn't interrupt gameplay.
wait how do you type

Before Journeys End, PS4 had four player split-screen but now because of the update me and my friends can’t even finish our old worlds.

So sorry if this has been answered, but I still can't check for valid housing or move NPC's? I've checked which button is assigned to housing query, and no matter what I try, nothing works

So sorry if this has been answered, but I still can't check for valid housing or move NPC's? I've checked which button is assigned to housing query, and no matter what I try, nothing works
See if this helps…
  • Open your Inventory
  • Go to Housing
  • Make sure your NPC list is horizontal, not vertical
  • Check bottom controls: press the button that would activate “Switches to World” *
  • Move your cursor to the house
  • Check bottom controls: press the button for “Use Item”

*If you don’t have any buttons bound for “Switches to World”, go bind one in the controller settings.

So the reset inventory bug happened to me now, I have no idea what even caused it but my game crashed and I as the host of our world had my inventory reset to when we first started playing but the world itself was just fine. This bug caused me to lose several hours of progress while everyone else’s inventory is just fine.

So the reset inventory bug happened to me now, I have no idea what even caused it but my game crashed and I as the host of our world had my inventory reset to when we first started playing but the world itself was just fine. This bug caused me to lose several hours of progress while everyone else’s inventory is just fine.
The same thing happened to me too. I lost a lot of progress as well

Made a quick video - hope this will help (steps in description)

The same thing happened to me too. I lost a lot of progress as well

Autosave bug that some folks, like yourself, have encountered fix is done and in QA as we speak. Once QA approves, will have that submitted (along with a few other things) for release ASAP.

Made a quick video - hope this will help (steps in description)

Autosave bug that some folks, like yourself, have encountered fix is done and in QA as we speak. Once QA approves, will have that submitted (along with a few other things) for release ASAP.
Well at least it’s being worked on, guess we’ll just have to periodically exit and go back onto the world to keep it from happening.

Not possible without undercutting new features.
An extra d-pad menu could have been added to the inventory. I know that's not the direction you want to go, but as the UI has been so drastically changed anyway, one more small step (at least on the front end of things) wouldn't make much of a difference.
1.3 era gamepad mapping barely even handled what it had at the time, even with leaving some stuff off or making players make hard choices.
I agree entirely, and the combination of L2/R2 with d-pad AND buttons is a great idea, it gives you 16 options instead of 8. But, those options should include the option to keep what we're used to, rather than having to relearn very basic moves.
Again, both @Leinfors and I logged well north of 100+hours - and if we had such obvious things, we would have seen them and had them addressed. So, if there is some new issue, I would like to be aware of it - thus my ask for pictures. :)
Attached. In the "storage" images, look at the crypt at the top of the screen. In the "farm hub" images, look at the banners and the left & right brick walls. The WoF arena images speak for themselves. These are all with the lighting set to colour, not trippy.

Aside from these images, the whole aesthetic experience is well below what it was. The lighting is drab, grainy and way too dim, and the "blocky" effect when light is shone in dark areas is like something from the PS2 era. I think you guys didn't notice as a} you're mainly focused on the PC version (not a bad thig, as it's a PC title), and b} you have a dev's console, not a standard one.

Also, while in game, zoom in/out on PC, then do it on console. The difference is staggering. Thing and other things like it are why so many people are unhappy.
Because you are not on a touch enabled device... and not all things are always for today.
Ah OK, I though it meant for the touchpad on the PS4, as it did with Engine's version.
This one I am interested in - what control scheme is this on?
This was actually because I unbound it by unwittingly assigning it to another function. I've fixed it, and can now open treasures bags.

There are lots of irritating little issues too, such as:
  • Treasure bags can't be opened while in an NPC shop, in order to sell the items within
  • Not being able to equip items from chests etc.
  • Not being able to trash inventory items with one button
  • "Split stack" always starting in the middle, rather than with one item
    • It's also hard to remember which direction is "keep" and which is "take"
    • I also think that letting go of L1 (or whatever people are using) should close the slider, rather than having to exit manually
  • While scrolling though the buffs, the text vanishes way too soon, it should vanish only when you let go of it
  • When moving equipment to the equipment menu, the icon is WAY to the left of where it should be. I understand why this wold work on a touchscreen, as your finger would be hiding either the item or the slot, but we're not playing on a touchscreen
I'm sure I'll find others, but I've barely played it since the update. I think the main problem is that, as great as DR are (that overnight sync fix was incredible) they didn't really get the whole parity vision, and as a result console users are now having to use a UI optimised for mobile.

The one redeeming feature of PipeWorks (don't get me wrong, I'm very glad they're gone) was their understanding of parity. The UI was PC, the textures (when they rendered) were PC 1.3, and the playability (when it worked) was PC. We essentially had PC 1.3, and now we have mobile 1.4.

On the upside, the game plays very well, we've only had one crash; a guest in mutliplayer had his game freeze when he opened Torch God's Favour. Other than that, the performance quality is great, and DR should be praised for it, it really shows that they've put the work in and are a capable team.

I think if we had PW's vision with DR's literally everything else, we'd have a great game.

Attachments

• Farm hub 1p4.jpg
    Farm hub 1p4.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 58
  • WoF 1p3.jpg
    WoF 1p3.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 69
  • WoF 1p4.jpg
    WoF 1p4.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Farm hub 1p3.jpg
    Farm hub 1p3.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Storage 1p3.jpg
    Storage 1p3.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 55
  • Storage 1p4.jpg
    Storage 1p4.jpg
    484.2 KB · Views: 56
I agree entirely, and the combination of L2/R2 with d-pad AND buttons is a great idea, it gives you 16 options instead of 8. But, those options should include the option to keep what we're used to, rather than having to relearn very basic moves.

Indeed, Red's Pick is missing - but it won't be for much longer. It will not be a complete 1:1, but far closer than what Classic is.

An extra d-pad menu could have been added to the inventory.

Exploring ways to potentially re-enable as an option, but there are layers of complexity to navigate. More later.

Ah OK, I though it meant for the touchpad on the PS4, as it did with Engine's version.

Yeah, ok. Exploring Touchpad re-enabling as well.

Not being able to trash inventory items with one button

This is by design, after years of complaints about accidental deletions. Its two presses now, there really isn't a great way around the catch-22 here.

While scrolling though the buffs, the text vanishes way too soon, it should vanish only when you let go of it

Is this impacted by tooltip fade settings? I honestly cannot recall - but that's a thing you can adjust.

The UI was PC, the textures (when they rendered) were PC 1.3, and the playability (when it worked) was PC. We essentially had PC 1.3, and now we have mobile 1.4.

...and we got savaged for years for "just slapping PC on consoles". Even PC gamepad, for example, has no bindings for a ton of stuff - as it exists sort of with the understanding that the keyboard still is sitting right there for players. Look at, for example, the insane steps to cancel a buff on 1.3 console.

So, with this, DR wanted to try and make a more holistic gamepad experience that doesn't solely rely on "gamepad as mouse cursor" - now, of course, folks are free to just not use any of that, but it will require some remapping.

The truth here is that there is no monolithic right or wrong way here. This is a massive community - and one with strongly-held opinions that often disagree with each other. Thus, the path here was to provide a strong set of defaults (except the whole Classic vs Red's Pick thing :sigh:) alongside a whole new level of customization available to players.

As with anything, it will need fixes and tweaks, and those will come - folks just have to be patient.
having to use a UI optimised for mobile

Of all the tropes people toss out (not pointing at you), this is the one that makes the least sense. In no way is the UI the same as or "optimized for mobile and just slapped on consoles".
Attached.

Thanks, will explore with the team. I can see its a bit darker for one, but will get some proper comparisons vs PC going. I know in the past that lighting on console (and even moreso on mobile) was monkeyed around with in ways that differed from PC, whereas the 1.4 console lighting matches the PC versions. Anyway, more as I have more.

@Loki just wondering, will keyboard and mouse on console ever get the option to quickly put things in chests? Usually i think if you hold shift and click on something in your inventory, it will quickly go into a chest, but no such thing exists on console. It would be so helpful so that I don’t need to drag each individual item into a chest or the trash!

@Loki just wondering, will keyboard and mouse on console ever get the option to quickly put things in chests? Usually i think if you hold shift and click on something in your inventory, it will quickly go into a chest, but no such thing exists on console. It would be so helpful so that I don’t need to drag each individual item into a chest or the trash!

Re-looking at keyboard mapping is on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom