A Road Well Traveled - Terraria: Journey's End Launches on Xbox & PlayStation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a tiny bit lagy on my original ps4 but its all good apart from that, digging the changes already. Going to take a bit to get used to the new control layout lol took me like 10mins to figure out how to zoom the screen in and out 😅

yeah, i notice that it does seem a bit laggy/slower than it used to be, makes me wonder how well it'll play on switch.

it is definitely taking some getting used to, everything feels SO different, but i am slowly adjusting.

so many more controls/shortcuts available, it's kinda overwhelming. :dryadeek:

yeah, i notice that it does seem a bit laggy/slower than it used to be, makes me wonder how well it'll play on switch.

My experience was precisely the opposite.

So - can you give information on where/what is causing said lag?

Can confirm Loki's experience, I've found 1.4 to perform better/run better than previous builds.

Its a tiny bit lagy on my original ps4 but its all good apart from that, digging the changes already. Going to take a bit to get used to the new control layout lol took me like 10mins to figure out how to zoom the screen in and out 😅
I'm having a lot of issues with the control layout. I've been messing around with it for half an hour and I'm coming across an issue where whenever I try to use my right stick to aim, it toggles whatever item I'm holding, as opposed to me having to actively press a trigger to toggle said item in the previous updatem. Nothing is fixing it from what I've tried. Did you have that issue at all?

maybe i should clarify... i wouldn't say it's the usual kinda lag, such as being choppy or whatever, it's more like... the game feels "slower"?

like, my character seems like they move slower... it seems faster when i zoom in all the way... but i'm starting to question now if it's a trick of the mind?

honestly, i haven't touched the game in ages, so unless a lot of other people start mentioning it, i'm gonna assume it's just me imagining things.

i also just kinda walked around my town a bit getting used to things, haven't had any big battles or anything.

Edit: it may very well just be me imagining things, cause the movement of critters, NPCs, enemies, etc... doesn't seem any different, as far as i can tell.

i think we can just chalk this one up to me imagining it, and that other person mentioning lag probably didn't help.

Can confirm Loki's experience, I've found 1.4 to perform better/run better than previous builds.

after experimenting a bit more, i just wanted to make it clear, my issue was definitely NOT lag.

i really think it was just me adjusting to the game again after so long away from it.

also, the zoom level probably has something to do with how fast it looks like my character is going.

i used to play with the max zoom-in, which sat at a comfortable distance, but now it seems the zoom-in is increased, so i had to adjust it, and it was kinda messing with how i perceived things.

so false alarm on my end, sorry everyone!

yeah, alongside the dragon, titan and spectral armor (should be since I asked that in a reddit AMA and I got told they be removed once 1.4 releases on consoles
for parity)
But PC (and Console i think?) have that Carrot with that exclusive bunny pet, that is not in Mobile as I understand, as there is no special version in phones

Do not delete your data - that is not wise. Sync issue is only on xbox not PS.

I'm having a lot of issues with the control layout. I've been messing around with it for half an hour and I'm coming across an issue where whenever I try to use my right stick to aim, it toggles whatever item I'm holding, as opposed to me having to actively press a trigger to toggle said item in the previous updatem. Nothing is fixing it from what I've tried. Did you have that issue at all?

1633020235468.png

Soooooo is Xbox just not allowed to play currently? My friends and I are just not able to even get in the game currently because we all just get stuck on syncing files.

edit: I just caught up to whats happening with console, glad to see everything is off to a great start, hope this gets fixed quick seeing as the game is literally unplayable

Last edited:
The textures are worse than they were before, nowhere near the quality of PC, grainy and too small. 1.2 looked better on console. Is there going to be a fix for this?

The UI is WAY too complex, and still doesn't give you what you want, for example:

1. R1 doesn't use items anymore. Seriously.
  2. I can't bind items to the D-pad anymore. I'm hoping this is a mistake on my end
  3. I can't bind "grapple" to L1, which is how I've played it for years
  4. There's no way to zoom that I can find, meaning that it's not there or the UI is so bad that I can't find it
There's probably way more than this, but I've only just turned it on. To not let people use the controls they want is mental.

[EDIT] I've just turned it off. I had a multiplayer session planned on Sunday that I've just cancelled. This is terrible, it looks awful and handles even worse.

Last edited:
The textures are worse than they were before, nowhere near the quality of PC, grainy and too small. 1.2 looked better on console. Is there going to be a fix for this?

The UI is WAY too complex, and still doesn't give you what you want, for example:

1. R1 doesn't use items anymore. Seriously.
  2. I can't bind items to the D-pad anymore. I'm hoping this is a mistake on my end
  3. I can't bind "grapple" to L1, which is how I've played it for years
  4. There's no way to zoom that I can find, meaning that it's not there or the UI is so bad that I can't find it
There's probably way more than this, but I've only just turned it on. To not let people use the controls they want is mental.

GAMEPAD DEFAULTS SITUATION
Currently you have 3 defaults
• Classic (as close to “Classic Console” as you can get)
• Advanced - a new approach that takes Redigit’s Pick and goes further
• Simplified – intended for newer or younger players

What is missing here is a close-copy of Redigit’s Pick. The team at DR will be looking into this. For now, I would suggest folks try out Advanced, as it is the closest to Redigit’s Pick as you will get for now. Team will be looking to add a 4th Default that will mimic Redigit’s Pick as closely as possible.

Item binding to dpad is gone - extra inputs are needed to handle the litany of new stuff 1.4 introduces and to deal with some of the shortcomings of 1.3 era's gamepad (buff management being just one example).

Also, Combo Commands are a thing now (Y vs RB+Y vs LB+Y), effectively tripling your available maps... and you can map more stuff to things than ever before.

Zoom on the defaults is RB+up/down fwiw.

Changes, for sure, but the default being used on login is NOT what was intended. Will be sorted, but for now ^

Graphically, can you share an example? We saw no such issues in testing, even on the RL side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom