A Road Well Traveled - Terraria: Journey's End Launches on Xbox & PlayStation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess all those rl protests, marches and lobbiests should've stayed at home. :)

But you're right there are nicer ways to ask. White knight fanboiz have a way of bringing out the worst in folk.
What the hell are you talking about
white knight Fanboiz?
what the hell does that mean

What the hell are you talking about
white knight Fanboiz?
what the hell does that mean

Those who are annoyed or angry make their voices heard. Those who silent don't.

People march and lobby and protest when they're annoyed.

A white knight is someone who leaps to the defence of their beloved thing, in this case 1.4 and refuses to see its flaws or accept anyone else might have a different opinion and attempt to shut them down. Take a look at "everything wrong with 1.4" in the console section for examples of three white knights. Fanboiz is fanboy plural. I shouldn't need to explain that one.

2 issues with the update, couldn't find anything about them as far as I could see:

First, I used the D pad for building. Clicking left or right or whatever would precisely move the cursor ONE exact block over, in alignment with the grid. This is non existent now, and the solution I was given does not work. I believe it's called "the smart cursor"?, when it's a "+" on the screen? The solution I was given was to remap and fix aim sensitivity, WHICH IS USELESS. Slow, skips blocks, or too fast and makes a mess. It is not precise, like 1.3 and 1.2, it's made building impossible.

Is there any way to fix this? This is strictly using the D pad to move the smart cursor like I was able to the last version.

(Edit: yes, I know I can manually change the D pad to the cursor, and set the aim sensitivity, but it is not the same at all. Like I said, doing it this way is clunky, slow, and inaccurate. I just want to build...)

And speaking of last version, my second issue:

Where is the Download World/Character option? I saw nothing anywhere hinting that this feature would be scrapped with 1.4. This was how I was able to create exceptional builds on Xbox, not using an AIW, but a map from my 360 days, FILLED with everything I've earned the 5 years before I updated to 1.3, and now it's gone. I am extremely unhappy about this, is this being brought back at all?

Last edited:
Something I have noticed, is that when I'm playing splitscreen with my hubby on PS4 (he launches the game, and I join as the second player), enemies only seem to spawn wherever I am, and he gets no spawns where he is. I've been at world spawn surrounded, and he's been in the dungeon with it completely empty. It's as though enemy spawn follows the second player and ignores the first.

This maybe a Journey Mode things, as we haven't played classic yet since the update.

Is there any way to fix this? This is strictly using the D pad to move the smart cursor like I was able to the last version.

DPad snap is being looked at (what you are talking about)

This maybe a Journey Mode things, as we haven't played classic yet since the update.

Check JM settings - spawn rate is one of the sliders and it impacts the area around each player individually.

—-

On the “we won’t be silenced” stuff - who exactly is trying to silence anyone? lol

Also any single opinion is not monolithic - we have a diverse player base with all sorts of preferences. All sides are listened to and then decisions made accordingly. That doesn’t also mean “every single complaint will be addressed like you want” either.

As always, the hyperbolic dramatics don’t help anything functionally and just muddy the waters towards affecting actual constructive change.

Check JM settings - spawn rate is one of the sliders and it impacts the area around each player individually.
Ahh, that would explain it. I thought the slider controlled worldwide spawn, rather than individually.

Thank you for explaining that.

@Loki so two things:
1. Is the quick transfer not being on kbm a bug or does it just need to be added?
2. Have you figured out yet if the picking up items delay is on my end, and definitely not a bug?

No. 1.4 ruined terraria and there's no rollback to 1.3. 1.4 force updates. Not all the needs were met or are being met.
The controls for 1.4 are terrible.
The choice in getting rid of vanity clothes is abysmal.
The list goes on.

Bring back 1.3 last update before 1.4 as an option for those who want to play 1.3 final update before 1.4.
Ok the controls do take a bit of getting used to but I’m confused by the “vanity clothes” thing, do you mean that certain items can’t be put in vanity slots? because vanity clothes still exist. They just made it so items that don’t show on your character can’t be in the slot that is specifically meant for things to be shown.

And nothing about the Download worlds/character for xbox?

In regards to "From 360"? Not currently. Way too many other things in front of that right now - the complication being that you are now transferring files from two codebases ago (and countless sub updates etc) on a 16 year old, two-generation out-of-current system to modern things. Not saying it will never happen, just saying it is FAR from a simple risk-free process, so if it happens, it will be some time.

Torch god does not give the torch gods favor on console

He does on mine. Are you sure you defeated him? Did you use the dropped item? Do you have TGF turned on?

truffle npc not spawning in a journey world on ps4

Do you have time frozen? Have you met all of the requirements for Truffle?

@Loki so two things:
1. Is the quick transfer not being on kbm a bug or does it just need to be added?
2. Have you figured out yet if the picking up items delay is on my end, and definitely not a bug?

KBM bindings will be looked at, just not as urgent as some other things at the moment.

There is no real way for me to determine that - this is not something we are hearing from everyone, so the odds of it being a code/bug issue vs an internet latency issue are low. (FWIW, the exact same thing will happen on PC in a high-ping situation). Did you determine your ping to each other?

Yeah I found the clothes after a bit of digging. I was initially thrown because greedy ring and necro scroll and shiny stone wouldn't switch places until I realised only some items showed up in vanity slots now...

Thanks btw. Appreciate your reply.

After today's update the controls are much, much better.

Good morning everyone!

The team at DR Studios has just released a fix update for Terraria on Xbox and PlayStation. Patch notes on what is fixed are located below:

• Fixed autosave bug
  • Fixed the black screen sync bug
  • Fixed a crash when fighting Empress of Light
  • Fixed a crash after long play times
  • Fixed a crash in very old world saves
  • Fixed hotbar navigation affecting player movement
  • Fixed housing query controller bindings (Players will have to go into settings and rechoose from Classic, Advanced or Simplified again or bind the Housing Query setting)
  • Fixed research not consuming the held item stack
  • Fixed mouse conflicting in split screen pause menu
  • Fixed PS4 offscreen mouse cursor
  • Fixed PS4 trophy for Empress of Light
  • Added shoulder combo hint on screen
  • Added more controller bindings on screen
  • Added safe region settings in game
  • Added support for PS4 touchpad button

The team has additional fixes and tweaks coming in the days and weeks ahead - along with continued work on getting Nintendo Switch (all of these fixes and improvements, etc. will apply to Switch as well so win-win). Keep the feedback coming - the best way is to use the Bug Report Button below!

Thanks for your information and feedback - Cheers

Makes sense ether is this many bugs because it just came out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom