A Road Well Traveled - Terraria: Journey's End Launches on Xbox & PlayStation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your hard work. I do have 2 questions regarding a possible bug and missing feature.

1. Is their a fix in the works for the Lunatic cultists? He currently on console does not drop a treasure bag on master mode.

2. Any word if combo coop ( playing splitscreen while playing in a online session) will be making a return?

Thank you for your hard work. I do have 2 questions regarding a possible bug and missing feature.

1. Is their a fix in the works for the Lunatic cultists? He currently on console does not drop a treasure bag on master mode.
they dont drop bags anymore from what i know

Good morning, everyone!

The latest update/patch for Journey's End on Xbox and PlayStation is out now! Changelog and important information below!

• "Classic" scheme has been changed to be the closest match Red's Pick from the Console 1.3 Era (though it retains the ability to remap/add all of the new functions available with 1.4)
  • D-Pad Cursor Snap feature from RL/PW can be achieved by binding dpad to Grid Snap (see video below)
  • D-Pad Hotbar feature from RL/PW can be achieved by binding the four dpad directions to Dynamic Hotbar 1-4 (see video below)
  • Grapple is now bound to B again, along with Interact - Interact may be bound to whatever button players have assigned for Secondary Fire or Grapple, but not any others in order to avoid numerous conflicts and edge case issues.
  • Fixed an issue where the system was wrongly capping the maximum number of worlds at 10, but the UI was not recognizing this cap. The world/map cap is now 30 as originally intended, and the UI will enforce this (no New button if you have 30 or more worlds)
  • Fixed an issue with not being able to add more offline players to splitscreen on PS4
  • Fixed the mouse scroll wheel issues on PS4 and Xbox
  • Fixed lag spikes caused by the growth of Pumpkins
  • Fixed Player 2+ in split screen not being able to see the Traveling Merchant's wares
  • Fixed Thunderstorms in splitscreen causing blocks to become invisible
  • Fixed time being frozen in non-journey worlds when joining a MP session from the tutorial
  • Fixed the Angler's quests not being updated for Clients in a MP session
  • Fixed treasure bags only being dropped for one person in MP or Split screen
  • Fixed Dungeon Casters and other Projectile weapons' VFX not showing in the left hand side of the world
  • Fixed Geodes not being able to be thrown on the ground to open them

Check out the video below to see how the evolved versions of Dpad Hotbar and Dpad Snap work in 1.4!

With this evolved version of these long-standing features, you can now do things that you could not do previously:
- Dpad Hotbar can now be mapped to 0-4 buttons. Previously, this was an all-or-nothing feature.
- Dpad Snap can now be mapped separately (LB+Dpad) in the video - so that players can now use Dpad Hotbar and Dpad Snap at the same time.

By Default in Classic controls, Dpad Snap is on and no Dpad Hotbar buttons are mapped, we leave this up to you, the player.​
Did i already said I love you guys? 😍 thank you for fixing the treasure bag thingy

Good morning, everyone!

The latest update/patch for Journey's End on Xbox and PlayStation is out now! Changelog and important information below!

• "Classic" scheme has been changed to be the closest match Red's Pick from the Console 1.3 Era (though it retains the ability to remap/add all of the new functions available with 1.4)
  • D-Pad Cursor Snap feature from RL/PW can be achieved by binding dpad to Grid Snap (see video below)
  • D-Pad Hotbar feature from RL/PW can be achieved by binding the four dpad directions to Dynamic Hotbar 1-4 (see video below)
  • Grapple is now bound to B again, along with Interact - Interact may be bound to whatever button players have assigned for Secondary Fire or Grapple, but not any others in order to avoid numerous conflicts and edge case issues.
  • Fixed an issue where the system was wrongly capping the maximum number of worlds at 10, but the UI was not recognizing this cap. The world/map cap is now 30 as originally intended, and the UI will enforce this (no New button if you have 30 or more worlds)
  • Fixed an issue with not being able to add more offline players to splitscreen on PS4
  • Fixed the mouse scroll wheel issues on PS4 and Xbox
  • Fixed lag spikes caused by the growth of Pumpkins
  • Fixed Player 2+ in split screen not being able to see the Traveling Merchant's wares
  • Fixed Thunderstorms in splitscreen causing blocks to become invisible
  • Fixed time being frozen in non-journey worlds when joining a MP session from the tutorial
  • Fixed the Angler's quests not being updated for Clients in a MP session
  • Fixed treasure bags only being dropped for one person in MP or Split screen
  • Fixed Dungeon Casters and other Projectile weapons' VFX not showing in the left hand side of the world
  • Fixed Geodes not being able to be thrown on the ground to open them

Check out the video below to see how the evolved versions of Dpad Hotbar and Dpad Snap work in 1.4!

With this evolved version of these long-standing features, you can now do things that you could not do previously:
- Dpad Hotbar can now be mapped to 0-4 buttons. Previously, this was an all-or-nothing feature.
- Dpad Snap can now be mapped separately (LB+Dpad) in the video - so that players can now use Dpad Hotbar and Dpad Snap at the same time.

By Default in Classic controls, Dpad Snap is on and no Dpad Hotbar buttons are mapped, we leave this up to you, the player.​
Could you explain what dpad snap, dpad hotbar, and dpad curser snap is?

Top job team. Console players are forever in the debt of developers for free continuous updates like this.

Seriously though. Thank you

How come multiplayer doesnt have splitscreen, is that intended?

2. Any word if combo coop ( playing splitscreen while playing in a online session) will be making a return?

Not currently, but the team has plans to jump back in and explore this in a future patch (the tldr is that this specific way of playing creates numerous edge case scenarios that entail a lot of time to chase down - but its on the list)

Lunatic Cultists do not drop Treasure Bags.

Could you explain what dpad snap, dpad hotbar, and dpad curser snap is?

Check out the video in the post - but generally:

• Dpad hotbar essentially allows you to add 4 hotbar slots, mapped to your dpad, and tied to any item in your inventory
  • Dpad snap allows you to move the cursor in a grid pattern, one block at a time - people like to use it for building.

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figured you would be happy. ;)

I like how DR did it... I think its actually an evolution of the concept.

The fixes are good and all, but what really bothers me is that the menus doesn't loop around when you press the shoulder buttons like on pc.

Oh, another hotfix, keep up the good work, my dudes. By the way do bugs/glitches drop anything when they die or are defeated? 8D

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never mind that, I've been asking the same question for over a week but yet NO reply as usual, where is the ENTER button to make a new line on signs, since you know we can't edit the signs in our world 😡😡

I appreciate the hard work, the console version is so quickly getting towards PC level quality which must be hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom