A Road Well Traveled - Terraria: Journey's End Launches on Xbox & PlayStation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm genuinely impressed by the level of work that you guys put into not only the updates but also communication.

Will we be getting the option to duplicate worlds?

Never mind that, I've been asking the same question for over a week but yet NO reply as usual, where is the ENTER button to make a new line on signs, since you know we can't edit the signs in our world 😡😡

Known limitation of the keyboard system in 1.4. Team will explore feasibility of a return of this (no promises until they determine if it is feasible) - but in full disclosure, it probably won't happen until after JE is out and fixed on Switch.

Any chance Auto Select will be able to use Smart Cursor again in a future patch? The manual cursor is kind've a drag.

This dev team gives so much transparency it's great!
Very nice fixes/additions.
Thank you DR

Hopefully the next fixes listed are the KB/M shortcuts :D

KB+M tweaks/refinement are on the list - just not right this instant. Hang with it a bit longer.

Any chance Auto Select will be able to use Smart Cursor again in a future patch? The manual cursor is kind've a drag.

Not entirely sure what you mean? Auto Select is typically bound to L3 and Smart Cursor to R3. Can you give more info?

Will we ever be able to bind things to mouse side buttons in the future?

M&KB tweaks will be explored down the line a bit... just have other things higher in the list at the moment. As to what all that will contain, cannot say just yet. I do not see KB+M support on Console being beyond what is available on PC, however.

Not entirely sure what you mean? Auto Select is typically bound to L3 and Smart Cursor to R3. Can you give more info?
Sure thing. While holding Auto Select, Smart Cursor cannot be toggled. Auto Select only uses the manual mode. I'll link a short clip showing me trying to toggle.

But if you toggle SC on before you push Auto Select, it stays on SC? (so the same, but in reverse)

Thats a lot of fixes! Doing a great job! Would love to see more multiplayer optimization though! WoF on xbox with a few friends drops the frames quite a bit, but hopefully it will be gotten to eventually

hey there Loki &friends, haven't been on in a while, switched over to switch to go play some Metroid dread for a while. i come back to my Playstation and Terraria has another hotfix pending? nice. you guys are absolutely killing it . lets see what we got here:
  • D-Pad Cursor Snap feature from RL/PW can be achieved by binding dpad to Grid Snap (see video below)
  • D-Pad Hotbar feature from RL/PW can be achieved by binding the four dpad directions to Dynamic Hotbar 1-4 (see video below)
case in point; the level at which you guys adhere to the general complaints/issues of the player base is truly exceptional. this of course was highly requested though I never thought something like this would be coming back due to overcomplicating other existing binds but here it is. already loving the dynamic hotbar add; never again will i have to put tools in my regular hotbar when building! what a godsend. its one of those "how did i ever play without this?' features. :dryadwink:

(tested, and it also works with the whole "switch to world and build/use from inventory" system.)

ONE HEADS UP IF YOU RUN INTO THIS: i noticed when mapping grid snap to the dpad in general (+) it conflicts with using the dpad within the INVENTORY for navigation. No worries, there is a SIMPLE FIX! Simply go to controller binds (edit) --> controller binds (1st page) and map the dpad to 'navigate inventory (secondary)'. this will allow you to use dpad for grid snapping without it conflicting the inventory's dpad navigation. 👍
  • Grapple is now bound to B again, along with Interact - Interact may be bound to whatever button players have assigned for Secondary Fire or Grapple, but not any others in order to avoid numerous conflicts and edge case issues.
oh and the good news just keeps on rolling in. WOW! this is phenomenal, at this rate nobody will have ANYTHING to complain about in regards to how this version competes with previous versions ppl preferred. little by little, slowly but surely ppl are getting back the play style they are most comfortable with. and this speaks VOLUMES.
  • Fixed Dungeon Casters and other Projectile weapons' VFX not showing in the left hand side of the world
  • Fixed Geodes not being able to be thrown on the ground to open them
you know what i totally noticed this after the 1st patch but never posted about it, i was traversing the underground hallow farming gelatin crystals for QS, i noticed magic weapons started getting a bit glitchy, such as spectre staff / crystal serpent bullets not appearing at all but still being there as they would still 'hit' enemies. the same would occur with the DCU's laser beams, they def didn't load in correctly and at certain points where i'd try to drill up close flush to a wall the game would sort of 'softlock' for like 30 secs until it eventually comes back after the 1st vertical line of blocks would break lol.... hopefully this has been fixed seeing how it has since been acknowledged.
same can be said about the geodes glitch lol. i thought that it was ME who was doing something wrong haha. so i just gave up &stashed them until i heard more about it, glad to know this has also been fixed.

Phenomenal job as always my dudes. cant wait to dig back in 👏<3🎉

But if you toggle SC on before you push Auto Select, it stays on SC? (so the same, but in reverse)
I have the same problem on mobile. "Autoselect" button switches off "smart cursor" and "autouse". It maker "autoselct" copletly :red:able coz I'm holding it with one thumb, second thumb is on "right stick" for aiming and I need third thumb for manualy pressing use.

I don't know if it is possible, but can you add keybinds for the side mouse buttons on console? It would be amazing if I could have my grapple added to it and quick heal!

Hey Loki/anyone, so I'm trying to craft the Zenith. I have all 10 required swords and I'm next to a Mythril Anvil and its not popping up. Ive even moved all my swords out of my main hotbar. Anything I'm doing wrong? I'm on console btw.

Hey Loki/anyone, so I'm trying to craft the Zenith. I have all 10 required swords and I'm next to a Mythril Anvil and its not popping up. Ive even moved all my swords out of my main hotbar. Anything I'm doing wrong? I'm on console btw.

No clue. I know 100% that others, including myself, have crafted one. So there is something you aren't doing quite right. Show a pic?

No clue. I know 100% that others, including myself, have crafted one. So there is something you aren't doing quite right. Show a pic?
Sorry if the quality is bad. I also unfavorited all the swords as well. Also not sure if this is a requirement but does the moon lord have to be defeated on the world your trying to craft the Zenith? I noticed after 1.4 release I had to kill Plantera again to spawn the prismatic lacewings.

Attachments

• 20211022_112214.jpg
    20211022_112214.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom