Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Arcfluke

Queen Slime
I've always been a huge fan of human-like creatures, so I thought, hey, why not add racial feature as a cosmetic feature?
We already have a goblin NPC, and a lihzard NPC (At least we assume that the Witch Doctor is one), so why not give player the option of being one?
Just imagine that as something you can control.

Anyway, I quickly made a simple concept of what I'm talking about:
AbjAjJv.png

I dunno what else there would be, but these should give you the basic idea of what I'm getting at.
Keep in mind that I am aware it would be difficult to implement them, and would require ton of work, but this is just a concept, and may not even be a thing in the future at all.
I'm just bringing this up because I have been thinking about it a lot and wanted to get this out there.

That is all, keep on diggin'.

I like the concept from a gameplay standpoint, but not from a lore standpoint. I realize Terraria has little lore, but what it does have makes it pretty clear that you are supposed to be against the evil, and being other races would skew that a little. That being said, maybe each race could have different physical abilities? Like for example, Lihzahrds would move faster than the others, zombies would have a little more health, skeletons take less damage, things like that. Of course, this would make it even harder to code, but Super Mario Bros. 2 did that pretty well.

Concept Suggestion. The player Customization is unlocked when a certain event is deafeated. Example,when a Goblin Invasion is defeated. The Goblin Customization Pack is unlocked (free) and you can change or make a character same to the Goblins (E.G Goblin Warrior Character) which is changable by a dresser or making a new characther. Same to other events and maybe bosses.
[doublepost=1514779939,1514779685][/doublepost]
I like the concept from a gameplay standpoint, but not from a lore standpoint. I realize Terraria has little lore, but what it does have makes it pretty clear that you are supposed to be against the evil, and being other races would skew that a little. That being said, maybe each race could have different physical abilities? Like for example, Lihzahrds would move faster than the others, zombies would have a little more health, skeletons take less damage, things like that. Of course, this would make it even harder to code, but Super Mario Bros. 2 did that pretty well.
It is just like customization when making a character so it won't improve an ability like vanities. Your suggestion is more likely bee on Terraria : OW but Relogic is a company with a little number of employees.

It would be purely cosmetic, no physical abilities changed or anything that sort.
From a lore point of view, yeah it wouldn't make too much sense, but the idea seems possible if there's a goblin and a lihzard(?) NPC who are not like the others.
I mean who knows, really? Not up to me if this will ever happen.

That would be cool to see ingame, I would love to troll people who don't know about the feature yet and they yelling "why can't I trade with this thing" :p

Just a tip: Don't say your suggestion is silly in the title unless you want people to treat it as such. :)

I like the idea of some vanity armour that changes appearance like this. There are a few masks; things like the Lamia costume and some of the Halloween gear (e.g. Creeper set) allows a visual overhaul.

Just a tip: Don't say your suggestion is silly in the title unless you want people to treat it as such. :)

I like the idea of some vanity armour that changes appearance like this. There are a few masks; things like the Lamia costume and some of the Halloween gear (e.g. Creeper set) allows a visual overhaul.
But calling it a genius idea would be a lie.

What "races" are you guys interested in?

I'm making a Mermaid skin (applying it to the CNS mod) and was thinking about Hobbit, Grim Reaper, and maybe some of the weird ones from WoW. Might do a Chao from Sonic or different Angel types.

Back
Top Bottom