~A simple Plantera arena setup~

Games ✔︎

Official Terrarian
41.png
kdcROYP 08-52-14.png
41.png

Plantera can be a very annoying and harsh boss on ones first few attempts. But you shouldn't let any boss annoy you in any way what so ever. I mean, you want to demolish it right? Come on, we all know you want to kill SOME boss. Well if that boss is Plantera, then this guide is for you!

If you are like me, you probably tried to fight Plantera unprepared and most likely died... a lot. So I have collected some vital information to share with you pre-plantera players on how you can easily defeat the all mighty cross over boss, plantera. So lets get started shall we?

First of all you are going to want to collect some materials to make armor. Here is the best armor in my opinion that you should use during the fight.

Armor:
First off, you are going to want to max your defense amap. So I would recommend the following:

Clorophyte Helmet
Clorophyte Brestplate
Clorophyte Leggings

Accessories:
You are going to go ranged for this fight, so I would recommend the following:

You may use any accessories you want to, but make sure to give them all the Warding prefix.

Weapons:
For the weapons you will use, you are going to want to use ranged weapons such as the Uzi or Minishark. You are going to keep your distance.

Arena:
We are almost done! For the arena, make sure you set up a long hallway with teleporters on each side. I would recommend atleast 80-120 blocks long. wire up the two teleporters with red wire and put a pressure plate on each one. Here is what you will do now.

1. Summon Plantera
2. Teleport to the other side and start shooting down the hallway at plantera
3. When she is close to you, teleport to the other side and keep shooting.
4. Each time she gets close, teleport across.
5. Defeat Plantera.

I really hope this helped a lot of you and if you have any feedback, drop a comment below!
-Minerva

41.png
kdcROYP 08-52-14.png
41.png

DON'T USE CHLOROPHYTE ARMOR! You will rage later in the game, as Chlorophyte is a rare resource (there are things better than a slow-shooting 40-dmg crystal out there)
Instead, use Hallowed Armor. With this setup, you won't need defense anyway.

You will rage later in the game, as Chlorophyte is a rare resource
Everytime that ive made chloro armor, ive had way over enough for the endgame armors. Also, lack of chlorophyte? Make a simple farm. All you need is one ore and mud. Then you can expand. And infninite chlorophyte achieved.

i just used a titanium helmet and frost chestpiece/pants (but this was before 1.3 so it needed hallowed bars instead of titanium) and a megashark with ichor bullets.
then, i simply dodged his/her/its attacks and killed it.

It works in expert mode? If yes then I'll definetly try it when I reach plantera.
In Expert Mode Plantera will hit like a freight train. I found its first phase very easy (I used Titanium Armour (didn't want to waste chlorophyte on the regular chlorophyte armour) and the Megashark with Ichor bullets), but shat my pants when it got to its second phase.
I ended up running away to my underground railroad and drove off with Plantera in pursuit, while unloading bullets at her. I might have been a chicken, but hey, it works! :p
Will Light Discs, a Clockwork Assault Rifle, or a Venom Staff work?
In theory any weapon will work, as long as you're good in dodging. The fight will just be longer.
Personally I wouldn't use any of the weapons you mention here.

Last edited:
I'm on Normal Mode, on Terraria Android, I have tried 7 times to defeat Plantera, each with a different approach, and I died when she was either enraged, in her second form, or both. My stuff includes:
  1. Weapons
    1. Godly Venom Staff
      1. 72 magic DMG
      2. 9% critical
      3. Average Speed
      4. Very Strong Knockback
      5. Uses 23 mana
    2. Keen Chlorophyte Partisan(I was going to use it for the Golem fight because I used a glitch to clip through the door, but it doesn't work unless you have defeated Plantera anyways)
      1. 55 melee DMG
      2. 19% critical
      3. Fast Speed
      4. Strong Knockback
      5. Shoots the spore cloud projectile
    3. Deadly Cursed Flames
      1. 38 magic DMG
      2. 4% critical
      3. Very Fast Speed
      4. Strong Knockback
      5. Uses 11 mana
      6. Inflicts Cursed Inferno debuff
    4. Golden Shower
      1. 22 magic DMG
      2. 4% critical
      3. Very Fast Speed
      4. Weak Knockback
      5. Uses 6 mana
      6. Inflicts Ichor debuff
    5. Crystal Storm
      1. 25 magic DMG
      2. 4% critical
      3. Insanely Fast Speed
      4. Average Knockback
      5. Uses 3 mana
    6. Rainbow Rod
      1. 72 magic DMG
      2. 4% critical
      3. Very Fast Speed
      4. Average Knockback
      5. Uses 16 mana
      6. Controllable
    7. Deadly Frost Staff
      1. 47 magic DMG
      2. 4% critical
      3. Very Fast Speed
      4. Average Knockback
      5. Uses 12 mana
    8. Chlorophyte Shotbow
      1. 34 ranged DMG
      2. 4% critical
      3. Very Fast Speed
      4. Very Weak Knockback -
      5. Shoots 3 arrows per 1 arrow like this: -
    9. Quick Clockwork Assault Rifle -
      1. 19 ranged DMG
      2. 4% critical
      3. Very Fast Speed
      4. No Knockback
      5. Kinda like the Chlorophyte Shotbow, but shoots like this per bullet: - - -
    10. Flamethrower
      1. 27 ranged DMG
      2. 4% critical
      3. Average Speed
      4. Extremely Weak Knockback
      5. uses 1 gel
    11. Chlorophyte Warhammer(Hammer Time!)
      1. 91 melee DMG <-- (that's why I crafted this)
      2. 16% critical
      3. Slow Speed
      4. Very Strong Knockback
      5. 90% Hammer Power
  2. Ammo
    1. Arrows
      1. Hellfire Arrows
      2. Frostburn Arrows
      3. I might change my system time just to get Heart Arrows
    2. Bullets
      1. Chlorophyte Bullets
    3. Mana
      1. 200 mana
      2. 375 Greater Mana Potions
    4. Gel
      1. >500 And then some
  3. Armor(There is a bug on mobile where you can't reforge armor)
    1. Turtle Helmet
      1. 21 DEF
      2. +6% melee DMG
      3. Enemies are more likely to target you
    2. Turtle Scale Mail
      1. 27 DEF
      2. +8% melee DMG and critical
    3. Turtle Leggings
      1. 17 DEF
      2. +4% melee critical
    4. Set Bonus
      1. Attacks are mirrored (example: if a zombie hits me, he will take DMG too, or if a player with the same DEF dealt DMG to me, he will lose the same amount of HP as I do)
    5. Accessories
      1. Yellow Horseshoe Balloon
        1. Allows the holder to double jump
        2. Increases jump height
        3. Negates fall DMG
      2. Harpy Wings
        1. Allows flight and slow fall
      3. Obsidian Shield
        1. 2 DEF
        2. Immune to knockback
        3. Immune to fire blocks
      4. Frostspark Boots
        1. Allows flight
        2. Allows the wearer to run incredibly fast
        3. Allows extra mobility on ice
        4. Allows thin ice to not break when landing on it
        5. +7% movement speed
      5. Mana Flower
        1. -8% mana usage
        2. Auto-use mana potions when needed
      6. Arenas
        1. No arenas
      7. Bosses Defeated
        1. King Slime
        2. Eye of Cthulhu
        3. Eater of Worlds
        4. Brain of Cthulhu
        5. Skeletron
        6. Queen Bee
        7. Lepus
        8. Not Turkor The Ungrateful
        9. Wall Of Flesh
        10. The Twins
        11. The Destroyer
        12. Skeletron Prime
        13. NOT PLANTERA
        14. Not Golem
        15. Not Everscream
        16. Not Santa NK-1
        17. Not Ice Queen
        18. Not Mourning Wood
        19. Not Pumpking
        20. Not Lunatic Cultist/Luantic Cultist(Fakes)
        21. Not Solar Pillar
        22. Not Stardust Pillar
        23. Not Nebula Pillar
        24. Not Vortex Pillar
        25. Not Moon Lord
        26. Not Duke Fishron
        27. Not Flying Dutchman
        28. Not Ocram
      8. Events Survived
        1. Blood Moon
        2. Not Solar Eclipse
        3. Frost Legion
        4. Not Frost Moon
        5. Not Pumpkin Moon
        6. Not Celestial Towers
        7. Not Old One's Army
        8. Not Slime Rain

I'm on Normal Mode, on Terraria Android, I have tried 7 times to defeat Plantera, each with a different approach, and I died when she was either enraged, in her second form, or both
Well, there's part of your problem. You should be careful to avoid leading Plantera out of the underground jungle.
  1. Armor(There is a bug on mobile where you can't reforge armor)
You can't reforge armor in any version.

If you don't want to build a formal arena, just make sure that you map out a path in advance to run along so you don't get lost or cornered. So long as you don't get lost, Plantera's second phase is fairly easy. Though I guess with the smaller screen size on mobile, it might be harder to navigate...

If you're using melee armor, you should probably use a melee weapon for most of the fight. The Death Sickle (from eclipse) is really good for this, since it can shoot through walls. You also might want to replace the balloon with a damage increasing accessory, such as one of the emblems dropped by the Wall of Flesh. If you use a Flask of Ichor, then you can use melee exclusively, rather than having to repeatedly reapply ichor with the Golden Shower. Lastly, you might want to consider reforging some of your weapons to get better modifiers.

Well, there's part of your problem. You should be careful to avoid leading Plantera out of the underground jungle.

You can't reforge armor in any version.

If you don't want to build a formal arena, just make sure that you map out a path in advance to run along so you don't get lost or cornered. So long as you don't get lost, Plantera's second phase is fairly easy. Though I guess with the smaller screen size on mobile, it might be harder to navigate...

If you're using melee armor, you should probably use a melee weapon for most of the fight. The Death Sickle (from eclipse) is really good for this, since it can shoot through walls. You also might want to replace the balloon with a damage increasing accessory, such as one of the emblems dropped by the Wall of Flesh. If you use a Flask of Ichor, then you can use melee exclusively, rather than having to repeatedly reapply ichor with the Golden Shower. Lastly, you might want to consider reforging some of your weapons to get better modifiers.

I have a Fire Gauntlet and I could reforge that to Warding.
Also, I haven't encountered the Solar Eclipse yet, but when I do, I will probably try to get some Broken Hero Swords(I have a bunch of Hallowed Bars and a Night's Edge), and, as I said before, I used a glitch to get into the Lihzahrd Temple without the Temple Key, but apparently you need to defeat Plantera to summon Golem, and there are no solar tablets/solar tablet fragments yet in mobile.
Other things I have:
  1. Weapons
    1. Beam Sword
      1. Shoots a sword projectile
      2. No other info available yet
  2. Key Molds
    1. 1 Corruption Key Mold
    2. 0 Crimson Key Molds (I need this for Vampire Knives)
    3. 2 Hallowed Key Molds
    4. 3 Jungle Key Molds
    5. 1 Frozen Key Mold
Is Plantera immune to lava?
I could hit Plantera with the ichor, and then lure her through some lava a bunch.
[doublepost=1484582321,1484582038][/doublepost]I am also on the hunt for queen statues to teleport the Steampunker to each biome to be able to get a bunch of different solutions, especially the Green Solution(to get rid of the Corruption from the jungle).

I am also on the hunt for queen statues to teleport the Steampunker to each biome to be able to get a bunch of different solutions, especially the Green Solution(to get rid of the Corruption from the jungle).
It's probably easier/less luck dependant if you create a small wooden house at each location and relocate the Steampunker there. You'll have all the different solutions in one single night.

I have a Fire Gauntlet and I could reforge that to Warding.
Also, I haven't encountered the Solar Eclipse yet, but when I do, I will probably try to get some Broken Hero Swords(I have a bunch of Hallowed Bars and a Night's Edge)
That could work. It's too bad the eclipse relies on luck to spawn prior to 1.3.

1. Key Molds
    1. 1 Corruption Key Mold
    2. 0 Crimson Key Molds (I need this for Vampire Knives)
    3. 2 Hallowed Key Molds
    4. 3 Jungle Key Molds
    5. 1 Frozen Key Mold
You can't use any of these before defeating Plantera.

Is Plantera immune to lava?
Yes, almost all bosses are.

I could hit Plantera with the ichor, and then lure her through some lava a bunch.
Well, if you wanted to do something like that, maybe you could take some spiky ball traps from the temple, and put them in enclosed boxes. Since Plantera can go through blocks, it could go through the trap-filled boxes and get hit by them without putting you in danger of your own traps.

Unfortunately, what I'm reading says that on mobile you'll need bombs to remove Lihzahrd traps before Golem. Well, sticky bombs shouldn't be too hard to get... right? Assuming you want to use traps, that is. I've never tried it, but it would be the closest thing to your lava strategy. Just remember to wire them all to a timer, and maybe put up some heart/star statues, too, if you have them.

Guys I have full turtle armor a mega shark magical harp optic staff and legendary true nights edge (my friend gave me) and I have defeated him a billion times get clorophyte bullets and u r good to battle just remember to get iron skin potions and greater healing potions (dropped from mech bosses)

I recommend that rather than describing the arena in words, you take a screenshot of the setup so people can really understand.

A lil' bit off-topic but is it possible to defeat Plantera arena-less AND being melee?

Cuz I'm taking on a no-arena challenge right now, and my strong suit is melee.

.... I don’t get it I have Terra blade and full turtle armor
77 defense and terra blade 152 damage
I used thing because the range on terra blade it didn’t work...
I also used mega shark with a huge arena full of campfires.....the pink spiky balls are everywhere I am so I
Just get killed almost instantly.
I’ve probably lost 9 times. My mega shark bullets do 10 damage and follow Plantera I also use cursed bullets (12 damage). PLANTERA IS SO ANNOYING :(

Will Light Discs, a Clockwork Assault Rifle, or a Venom Staff work?
magic weapons will work very well for this if you can try to set up a star statue to a 1 second timer to keep up your mana
[doublepost=1514696440,1514696331][/doublepost]
A lil' bit off-topic but is it possible to defeat Plantera arena-less AND being melee?

Cuz I'm taking on a no-arena challenge right now, and my strong suit is melee.

if you can go to the ocean and to the edge of the world on a platform the will stay below you ningishu did it in her magic lets play but it should work on your version as well
[doublepost=1514696546][/doublepost]
That could work. It's too bad the eclipse relies on luck to spawn prior to 1.3.

You can't use any of these before defeating Plantera.

Yes, almost all bosses are.

Well, if you wanted to do something like that, maybe you could take some spiky ball traps from the temple, and put them in enclosed boxes. Since Plantera can go through blocks, it could go through the trap-filled boxes and get hit by them without putting you in danger of your own traps.

Unfortunately, what I'm reading says that on mobile you'll need bombs to remove Lihzahrd traps before Golem. Well, sticky bombs shouldn't be too hard to get... right? Assuming you want to use traps, that is. I've never tried it, but it would be the closest thing to your lava strategy. Just remember to wire them all to a timer, and maybe put up some heart/star statues, too, if you have them.
i have found it is quite challenging to get into the golem temple pre plantera

Back
Top Bottom