NPCs & Enemies A slight skeletron prime buff idea

Daiyousei.

Terrarian
Unlike skeletron, skeletron prime becomes weak without their hands mainly because their head can't fire projectiles like skeletron does in expert/master.

So I have an idea:

Why not give skeletron prime the ability to shoot lasers from its' eyes like golem do when Sk. Prime lose their arms. I think this idea should be for all difficulties. My other idea is for expert/master: give them the ability to shoot semi-homing missiles that behave like skeletron's cursed skulls projectile(the same missile attack idea that I suggested for expert/master retinazer) when they lose their arms and it should go with the eye lazers attack.

Although SK. Prime received a buff before for expert/master by getting a speed increase for their melee attack, I still think they might need this buff.

Any buff would greatly improve the boss. And I do like the idea of it having an attack one its arms are destroyed, as currently once they're gone the boss is a joke.

There could be a buff like that, but... how likely it is, to actually destroy all 4 arms of the boss and still keep fighting? Normally, if you fight him early hardmode, if you try to focus on killing all 4 hands first, it likely will be morning and then he'll just one-shot you in dungeon-guardian mode... right?

Killing Prime's arms is supposed to make him easier to deal with. If he gets stronger every time you destroy an arm, then why bother wasting time taking them down when you can just damage the head instead?

The faster spin attack already makes Prime's head somewhat threatening on its own, it doesn't need more than that imo

The faster spin attack already makes Prime's head somewhat threatening on its own, it doesn't need more than that imo
I forgot it now is much faster in Expert, I've been playing too much tmodloader.

Not to make the fight drag out for too long, but what if like the skeletron, its head got less defence the fewer arms that were alive, and with none it had no defence. The health of the arms could be lowered by a lot to compensate for this change.

I forgot it now is much faster in Expert, I've been playing too much tmodloader.

Not to make the fight drag out for too long, but what if like the skeletron, its head got less defence the fewer arms that were alive, and with none it had no defence. The health of the arms could be lowered by a lot to compensate for this change.
It should still have a somewhat noticeable amount of defense even after all four arms are destroyed, as to not make the fight insanely easy at the end.

As for the attack, I was thinking it could shoot spikes out from its head when spinning? Maybe its defense could drop a bit lower when spinning to compensate.

It should still have a somewhat noticeable amount of defense even after all four arms are destroyed, as to not make the fight insanely easy at the end.
Defense just increases the length of the fight and has no effect on how difficult his attacks are.

Back
Top Bottom