PC A small spoiler...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only been in development for about 6 or 7 months.
*only a half a year*
*checks dated on wiki*
Apparently, 1.1 was only in development for about 3.5 months before being released, so this has actually been quite a while by comparison.
*hype intensifies*

(1.2 doesn't count, because the game was stagnant for a while in between versions, and it still makes every other update look tiny.)

The more time spent on it, the better! :D

Well I wouldn't go this far. I mean it's great that they've spent so long on it compared to other big updates like 1.1 and 1.2, and that they are taking care to make sure the patch is finished. But we don't want Terraria Forever to happen. There are people out there who seem to want the patch to come as late as 2016, and that's just kind of ridiculous.

Thankfully, pretty sure we're not going down that road, and we're getting to the point where next spring we might be hearing something about a release date. (Wishful thinking)

Well I wouldn't go this far. I mean it's great that they've spent so long on it compared to other big updates like 1.1 and 1.2, and that they are taking care to make sure the patch is finished. But we don't want Terraria Forever to happen. There are people out there who seem to want the patch to come as late as 2016, and that's just kind of ridiculous.

Thankfully, pretty sure we're not going down that road, and we're getting to the point where next spring we might be hearing something about a release date. (Wishful thinking)
Cenx said it's gonna come out in more than a month, but less than a year. so the update should come out on 2015, but no precise relase date yet

You're absolutely right. I wasn't thinking straight when I typed that. *thinks of Starbound* *shivers*

Time plus team size does have a correlation to the impact of the update. The hope is that 1.3 goes down as a quite "meaningful" update for everyone (how's that for a term lol).

However, we are also quite mindful of feature creep that can lead to endless delays...so no worries there. ;)

Maybe with the new year we can start getting at least a small piece of information a week to get people excited. At this point we have no idea if this is going to be a December 2015 thing, or maybe a month or two away, regardless it's pretty disheartening to only ever hear "eventually". Not asking for anything big, just more communication and things to keep people excited on a more consistent basis.

I want the THORIUM MOD in the new versión of Terraria. The mod have very nice sprites and new stuff, I really like this mod

Re-logic isn't like mojang that includes content from mods in the vanilla game. a mod is a mod. PERIOD.
Honest question though, if they don't mind taking suggestions (including really detailed ones), why not add mods? What's the difference between a really good suggestion and a really good mod (besides being only an idea).

Re-logic isn't like mojang that includes content from mods in the vanilla game. a mod is a mod. PERIOD.
Big difference between adding suggestions and mods at least from legal perspectives. Suggestions for a game are typically content manipulation of the already existing content of the game. They own the game thus any sort of idea, content, or suggestion is theirs to put into the game, but on the other hand when it comes to modding they do not own the artwork/sound/creation other people have made and potential legal issues can arise if a modder didn't create everything themselves and took pieces from others creation. Could they work with the modder to verify and add things? Yes and in the case of the Thor mod I think they should, but it's still much more complicated than using a suggestion.

Hope they take power to the next level. Like you ever seen dragon ball Z and how the enemys get twice as strong and you have to rank up to that strength to fight um well I hope its like that except the attack power goes up to 200 on average and defense also increases EDIT:hope thats not to confusing normally I do 136 damage sometimes 334 with a critical but im getting bored of that I want to see more extreme weapons that would be so awesome!!!!:D

200 damage for a weapon with a projectile that bounces off walls and lasts to my knowledge above 10 seconds, can't wait to see this get nerved to like 70 damage XD

Honest question though, if they don't mind taking suggestions (including really detailed ones), why not add mods? What's the difference between a really good suggestion and a really good mod (besides being only an idea).
* :naughty: being a modder on dev team intensifies :naughty: *
There's actually a small bit of mod references in Terraria!

For example there's this pretty old mod of mine that got polished and put into Terraria, I'd also like to mention that Terraria had numerous modders help with development throughout time!
(e.g. myself, @Phlebas , @Solsund , and even @Skiphs & @Arkhalis , with an extra shout-out to @Eikester & @Omnir)

A mod is not that different from a more precise display of a suggestion, seeing someone's implementation of something lets you know how they intended for things to work - that said, there can always be improvements for anything anyone adds!

*silently crawls back to dev-cave to work on more smart-cursors*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom