Weapons & Equip A small update to Flails

Trop

Terrarian
Flails, I feel have lost their luster in the past updates(Minus Flairon and Solar Eruption) due to other, usually better weapons, such as Yoyos and the like. I'll purpose some accessory and weapon ideas to hopefully help them out.

Accessories

Study Chains Increases the range of Flails by 8 tiles.
Crafting[Workbench]
Chain.png
8x Chains

Elastic Cord Makes weighted weapons rebound faster.
* Takes longer for flails to lose velocity.
Randomly dropped from Mimics.

Elastic Chains Makes weighted weapons rebound faster and fly further.
Crafting[Tinker Table]
1x Study Chains
1x Elastic Cord

Rubber Ball Core
Makes weighted weapons bounce.
Bought from Travelling Merchant after defeating Skeletron.

New Weapons

qI8O1xh.png
Boulder 'n' Chain

6 Melee Damage
4% Critical Strike Chance
Very Slow Speed
Strong Knockback
Crafting[Workbench]
Stone_Block.png
20x Stone Blocks
Chain.png
10x Chains
Wood.png
2x Wood(any)

The Boulder 'n' Chain is the first tier flail, being made from very cheap resources, should be helpful to dealing with hordes of enemies on your first few nights.

E2raMdC.png
Glacier

86 Melee Damage
Slow Speed
Very Strong Knockback
Ejects 8 piercing Ice Spikes when it makes contact with an enemy.
* Ice Spikes will also apply the Chilled debuff.
* Ice Spikes can not pass through solid blocks.
Randomly dropped from Ice Queen.

The Glacier is a ice based flail, with a special property that makes it lunch ice shards when it makes contact with any hostile being, the shards will also inflict a very short chilled debuff, useful for crowd control.

eI5QfZn.png
Electro-Core

78 Melee Damage
Slow Speed
Very Strong Knockback
Sends a volt of electricity that chains to nearby enemies on contact.
* Volts can pass through walls.
Low drop rate from Maritain Walkers

The Electro-Core is a rather unstable weapon, being that it'll disperse a strong wave of energy that'll zap all living being around it, it has a very long range and is surprisingly lighter then most flails.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Last edited:
I'm kinda tempted to make spirits for the weapons...
Auto correct got you eh? There's an entire sub section of the forums filled with people who can do it for you if asked.

I think the martian saucer has too dense of a loot pool as it is. It probably should be obtained in a different way. Tesla turrets at a really low rate?

I'm always a fan of more flail weapons.

Auto correct got you eh? There's an entire sub section of the forums filled with people who can do it for you if asked.

Eh, on the sleepy side, so that was my bad. anyways I'll perhaps ask if I can't think of a good design for them, but I do have the weapons' design concepts in my head.

I think the martian saucer has too dense of a loot pool as it is. It probably should be obtained in a different way. Tesla turrets at a really low rate?

I'm always a fan of more flail weapons.

Yeah, was thinking over that, it's loot pool is rather big, and lowering the chance of getting something spesific would be iritating, the Tesla turrets is a good idea.

Sorry for the double post, but I went back and added in some sprites and did some general tweaking to the suggestions.
Decided to make the Electro-Core drop from Matrian Walkers rather then the Tesla Turrets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom