Should I write more?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Red Slime

Official Terrarian
So hey, this is my first thread. I decided to write a story for this one, so here it is:
Just some special thanks

@Randomfox720 for characters Nia + Maxwell, and inspiration. Go check out her story!
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-long-battle.40437/
HappyDays' YT channel for most side characters. Check out his let's plays and tips!
https://www.youtube.com/user/happydaysgames
So, here is the first chapter, I would love feedback and please, please, PLEASE tell me if I should do more.(I might make a poll on this)

He awoke. Darkness was all around. He opened his eyes. He could see a humanlike shape ahead of him, and as his sight grew clearer, his blood froze. This man had a pig's mask, and a chainsaw. The man began charging, but before he could do anything a pulsating green object came whizzing through the air, sending lime green discs flying everywhere. It hit the man square in the face, and he dropped the chainsaw with a loud clank before falling to the ground. "Where am I?" was the only sentence he could formulate. He didn't get an answer. A man no older than 25 was standing over him. His hair was spiky and golden-blonde. In his hand was the green object he had seen earlier. It was pulsing wildly with lime-green energy. He could see it clearly now, it was a yo-yo. He was astonished at a thought that such a small oblject had knocked down a grown man in a matter of seconds. He heard the man shout: "Find Holly, we need support over here, and tell her to bring Nia too, she's good with new people!" "Where am I?" He repeated. "Wait with that. I'm Yohan, commander of the Yo-yo division in the Terrarian Navy." The man pointed to a badge gleaming on his chest. He also had a black bag slung around his shoulders, it had a blue orb incrested on the side. This orb glowed with a strange energy, that attracted him in a way. This man, Yohan, also had a glove with the same orb, just smaller. But why only on one hand? A young lady came running towards them. She had waist-long, purple hair, black pants, and in her hands was a long, white and pink blade, distant meows being heard in the distance. She looked no older than he was, but still a lot more powerful. She put the blade in a sheath on her back. To him, it felt like she emitted a distinct aura of calmness over the room. Immediately his heart rate slowed down, and he started taking deeper breaths. Eventually she started talking in a soft, but firm voice: "Yohan, there's a mothron outside that needs to be dealt with, Wilco and Melanie need help. As for you," She looked at him. "I assume you don't remember your name?" He was astonished at her question. "How did you know?", He asked. "I'll explain later. For now we'll call you Andrew. You need some sleep, we prefer you not awake now, there's an eclipse out there, and i don't think that would leave a good first impression of this place. Get some sleep now" And she left the room, leaving him on that bed.
Top of spoiler
EDIT: Request for your characters to join! Just reply with your character in this format:
Name:
Equipment:
Backstory:

Requests are currently:
On hold
So, there's the first chapter. Leave some feedback in the comments and answer my poll. Until next time!
:)

Red

Last edited:
Second chapter coming up soon!

EDIT: Second chapter up!

Chapter 2:

He awoke the next day, feeling much better. A few minutes later the girl from the day before entered the room. “Sleep well?” she asked. “Yeah, can you answer my questions now?” He answered. “Yes, I will, but first, you have to know where we are. Come out.” She gestured to the door. He got up and walked to the door. The room had a bed, a desk, a chair, and a chest. “Oh yeah, grab some gear in that chest. You’ll need it.” He looked in the chest. In it was a sword, he guessed it was made of silver, a pickaxe and an axe of the same material, and armor made of iron. Also, a pair of winged boots and some claws he could strap onto his hands were in there. He left the room, the girl walking beside him. She started talking: “I think I’ll explain some things for you while we’re here. Firstly, I’m Nia; I just joined the elite of the Terrarian Navy. You already know Yohan, but now we have to take you to see the rest of the members of the elite. They walked towards a big granite door, and he pushed it open. What he saw was the most beautiful sight he had ever seen. Green meadows with flowers, a clear blue sky, and hills in the distance. Bunnies hopped about the grass, he could see Yohan playing with a boy no older than seven, and a man with brown hair was lying in the grass. A bird chirped somewhere in the trees, and the warm sun hit his face. Nia said: “Welcome to Terraria.”

Part 2 coming soon…

Hope you enjoyed!
Leave your feedback as always and remember to vote on my poll!
Red
:rslime:

Last edited:
Chapter 2, part 2
"It's amazing!" Andrew exclaimed. He saw green blobs jumping around happily, and suddenly ran out onto the grass. He threw off his shoes, and ran over to where Yohan was standing. The boy Yohan was playing with had a ball.

"So, who's this?" Andrew inquired. "He's my son, Yarin, named after my father that recently passed away..." Yohan seemed to grow a bit gloomy,
and started trudging inside.

"Come, there's something i need to tell you." He gestured to the door Andrew had just come through. With an annoyed look on his face, Andrew trudged in, pushing aside a blue blob. Yohan led him through the door.

On the way, Nia asked: "What's up?" Yohan's answer was quick: "Come along, you too. Nia followed them, and Yohan led him to a dark navy blue door made of a type of stone, presumably granite. They entered a room, lined with chairs along the walls, and one large, round table in the centre. Yohan grabbed a chair and pushed it over to the table. Nia and Andrew followed suit. Yohan stared at the table for a few seconds, before beginning to speak:
"Andrew, as I hear your name is, there's a few things I have to tell you. First off, the world out there is not as beautiful as you saw out there, I need you to understand that. I don't know if you noticed, but there was a purple mist lingering around the borders of this place. That is called corruption. A horrible thing indeed...
My father was attacked by the corruption, and never was the same again... He passed away two weeks ago. I wish I could explain more, but that's about it. The corruption is dangerous for us all, even if it does not pose a big threat towards us commanders.

Our ultimate mission is to destroy the corruption, and spread the purity. Then, we shall expand the villages and towns to house more people, and live happily. You will start training and meet the other apprentices tomorrow." Judging by the startled look on Andrew's face he said:
Did I forget to tell you that we want to take you up at the academy?
Anyway, tomorrow morning, look for training room 2. Your first lesson will be there.
Chapter 3 done, posting soon!
Tell me if I should tag you!

2 Chapters 1 day! A miracle!:confused:

Just to explain, weapons don't work as they would with original ingame mechanics in this story. A hallowed repeater has the same power as a wooden bow, but any of the weapons will excel depending on magic power harnessed into them, or how well they were forged. Anyway to the writing:
Already the next day, Andrew started his training. He was given an iron yo-yo, a bow of the same material, a quiver of arrows, and a strange blue gauntlet, which he decided to equip.
It looked quite stylish in his opinion, but now wasn't the time to think of that. He made his way down the corridor, passed training room 1 - The basics, and went on to the second room. It was labelled: Training room 2 - Magic.
He opened the door, and saw one of the people he had seen the day before, standing there. Also, three others, he guessed they were the other apprentices, were lined up against a wall. "Hey," Andrew said nervously, but to his surprise, the man, who had turquoise hair that seemed to burn with a fire of the same color, greeted him happily: "Welcome, welcome, so I hear You're Andrew?" "Yeah," Andrew nodded. "Take your place, then,"

the man paused as Andrew walked over to the wall and positioned himself next to a girl with green hair in a braid, who said a short "Hi," before looking back at the teacher. "So," the man began. "I might as well introduce myself, then. My name is Wolfgang, I am co-leader of the training academy and magic team in the navy. I will teach you the art of magic, and teach you how to use it to fight and defend yourself."
Silence. Then the man spoke again. "Leah, you can demonstrate for the new trainees some simple magic, come on up," Another girl, with blonde hair down to her shoulders, walked over to the man, and suddenly pulled out a book.
It didn't look very special, and bad a raindrop drawn onto the cover, as if that was something symbolic. Suddenly, the girl, or Leah, lifted the book in front of her, opened it, and instantly, a blue light glowed from inside it.

It hovered out of her grip, and positioned itself above her head. A jet of blue light flowed down and enveloped the girl; she was now pulsing blue.
Then, a bolt of water flew out of her bare hand, bouncing of the walls a few times before dissipating. She blasted a few more, and eventually the book closed and fell back into her hands.
The blue light faded quickly, and the girl walked back down to the rest of the class. She looked exhausted, but she picked up a triangular blue bottle, which she drank; immediately she looked better.
"Very well, Leah," said Wolfgang. So, before you begin, i'd like you to take these," He pointed to a two bags lying on the floor, but before anyone could pick them up, they hovered over to Andrew and the girl beside him.
In the bag were 5 blue star-shaped crystals, a book identical to the one Leah had, a bottle with a blue flower in it, and some of the potions he had seen Leah drink. "So, I guess I should explain to you new apprentices what you've got in that bag." Wolfgang began. He conjured one of the blue crystals out of thin air, and as soon as it dropped into his hand, it pulverised, and became a pile of blue powder in the palm of his hand. "This, is a mana crystal," He said as he created a hologram of the crystal, which quickly disappeared. "These will increase your magical capabilities. All you do is pick them up, they will pulverise within seconds, then you eat the powder and wash it down with a glass of water."
He conjured two brimming glasses of water in front of him and the girl beside him. He picked up all five crystals at the same time, and they instantly pulverised just as he had seen. He stuffed the powder into his mouth, and strangely, it didn't feel dry, the feeling was humid but at the same time it felt like he had nothing in his mouth at all. He picked up the glass and saw the girl doing the same, and drank the whole glass in one huge gulp. It slid down his throat in a few seconds, and he instantly felt stronger. "Now, I will ask you," Wolfgang began, pointing to the girl. "To try out the magic you just saw. Since you look a lot like one, I will assume you're a dryad." The girl nodded slowly. She walked up to Wolfgang, and took with her the book and a potion. Now, to work magic, you must want it to happen. You have to concentrate your own mana and energy into the spell you cast. When you do, the magic will cast, but remember, stronger spells take more magic power. Have a go." It took two attempts before the girl managed, And after that Wolfgang said:"Andrew, your turn."
Hope y'all liked it

Last edited:
Chapter 4 coming right up!
"I see you have a plasma gauntlet there?" Wolfgang continued. Andrew looked at the gauntlet closer, and noticed it pulsing weakly now. It was also made partly out of a surprisingly light, dark grey metal."That gauntlet was your father's, that is why it was given to you. Your father used to be the greatest wizard around, until he disappeared without a trace. You were teleported here yesterday by an unknown force, into which we are looking at the moment. Now, have a try."
A single target dummy appeared in mid-air, and fell to the ground with a plunk. Andrew guessed he could just start, so he did. As soon as he started focusing on the magic gauntlet, he felt a rush in his stomach.
He began to feel queasy, and a bit dizzy. But he focused purely on conducting mana to the gauntlet. The gauntlet was now glowing so bright blue that Ryan had to look away, but no one seemed to notice it. Suddenly, Andrew felt his chest heat up. He could feel mana flowing everywhere. His arms and legs now had the same heated feeling. At last, his head heated up too. He looked around, to see the rest of the class gazing at him with awestruck expressions on their faces. He wondered why, but when he looked down at his feet, he realised. His whole body was a mass of blue flame, even his hands and head. The floor beneath him burned and charred, but held its place. He felt ten times more powerful than when he just had the rushing feeling in the stomach. Andrew decided to try this new weapon out on the dummy. He channeled all his mana into his hands, and a solid beam of blue energy shot out of one hand. He did the same with the other, and combined them both. The combined beams struck the dummy square on the chest, completely eradicating the dummy, leaving a pile of ash on the floor. Andrew collapsed onto the floor, feeling terrible, and threw up. Wolfgang rushed over to him and handed him the bottle of mana potion. He drank it, and instantly felt better. When he got up, he heard Ryan stutter: "W-wh-what the heck?" Leah was whispering something to the dryad, and Wolfgang was just looking at him. Then he spoke:"That is the best first-time attempt at magic we have ever seen here. We've had apprentices that arrive here with weapons as strong as lunar flares, but none were even close to what you just achieved." Andrew looked around once more before saying:"Sorry about the dummy and the floor, i didn't want to-" Wolfgang interrupted him:"It's all right we'll have all that fixed in no time. You'll go eat lunch in a few minutes, after that you will look at stealth and concealment in room 6." And with that, everyone started packing their things, before leaving. In the hallway, a turtle with a propeller on its shell came flying towards Andrew, and it dropped a small piece of paper at his feet. He picked it up and read: The dining room is on the ground floor, just look for the signs indicating. Your bedroom is number 22, your roommate is Ryan. Signed, Yohan.
He stowed the paper in his pocket before walking down the stairs to the ground floor. The rest of the day went well, with him learning about ninja, and how they could manipulate and even make their shadows fight for them. He had tried, but Leah excelled above the other apprentices. He could change the shape and size of his shadow, plus jump into it and popping out in a different shadow. He also seemed to be very good with throwing weapons, especially with shurikens, the ninja's weapon of choice. Ironic. He was walking down the hall to his room when a man with slick, green hair rushed past, shooting Andrew an ugly look while passing. "Whatever," Andrew thought. He couldn't care less if this man had a problem with him or not. When he finally walked in. Ryan was sitting on a bed, seemingly waiting for Andrew. He smiled, and received a smile back.
Getting tense...
Sorry for the wall of text, wrote the chapter on
Mobile

Add my character:
Heretic
Inferno Fork
Villian, but soon antihero
Backstory: He is just human, but everyone laughed and mocked him because they can do it. And he decied go to Hell with one target: to prove himself like a man, killing the Wall of Flesh without anything. But he didn't known, what some warriors from Orden of Terraria (corps of best protectors of Terraria before Terrarian Navy) followed him, including young Wolfgang. Wolfgang slayed Wall of Flesh, but... Heretic realised that, and in agony of despair he fell into lava. Wolfgang can't save him - too late. But 15 years later, Heretic has rised from depths of Hell...

Add my character:
Heretic
Inferno Fork
Villian, but soon antihero
Backstory: He is just human, but everyone laughed and mocked him because they can do it. And he decied go to Hell with one target: to prove himself like a man, killing the Wall of Flesh without anything. But he didn't known, what some warriors from Orden of Terraria (corps of best protectors of Terraria before Terrarian Navy) followed him, including young Wolfgang. Wolfgang slayed Wall of Flesh, but... Heretic realised that, and in agony of despair he fell into lava. Wolfgang can't save him - too late. But 15 years later, Heretic has rised from depths of Hell...
Adding soon, but I have a question, aren't villains and antiheroes kinda the same? Also, what should happen to him? Defeat? Side change?

Adding soon, but I have a question, aren't villains and antiheroes kinda the same? Also, what should happen to him? Defeat? Side change?

Antiheroes is not villians. Example is Deadpool.

After defeat by hand of MH (Main Hero) he join Navy, but "he have his own methods, how to deal with enemies".

Looks great, looking forward to next chapter. Now to request my charecter.

Name: Walter
Equipment: Black and green molten armour with no helmet (and short white hair and shroomite underneath)
Weapon: Tactical Shotgun
Backstory: Within a day of finding himself in Terraria he had already obtained meteorite armour and a platinum pick axe, he showed the worlds monsters no mercy with his trusty undertaker at his side, upon entering Hardmode he kinda became an alcoholic making adventuring a living life hard. He managed to step up his game, bleach his and make himself a new person, now he is a Captain of The Terraria Rangers, often giving assistance to the navy.
Side: Recently has become possessed by a spirit of Darkness, so basically evil.
Hell he almost killed his daughter (Don't worry, fought the spirit to give him control for a few more seconds so she didn't die)

Last edited:
Looks great, looking forward to next chapter. Now to request my charecter.

Name: Walter
Equipment: Black and green molten armour with no helmet (and short white hair and shroomite underneath)
Weapon: Tactical Shotgun
Backstory: Within a day of finding himself in Terraria he had already obtained meteorite armour and a platinum pick axe, he showed the worlds monsters no mercy with his trusty undertaker at his side, upon entering Hardmode he kinda became an alcoholic making adventuring a living life hard. He managed to step up his game, bleach his and make himself a new person, now he is a Captain of The Terraria Rangers, often giving assistance to the navy.
Side: Recently has become possessed by a spirit of Darkness, so basically evil.
Hell he almost killed his daughter (Don't worry, fought the spirit to give him control for a few more seconds so she didn't die)
Two questions. Shroomite under what? And what did he bleach?
Also, I have to change a few things, as the story has no hardmode or prehardmode. Also, I might change the boss he defeated(unlikely)

Two questions. Shroomite under what? And what did he bleach?
Also, I have to change a few things, as the story has no hardmode or prehardmode. Also, I might change the boss he defeated(unlikely)
Bleached hair and shroomite armour underneath the green and black molten armor.

Back
Top Bottom