Map-Adventure A Summoner's Journey: An Adventure Map!

Do you think you will want to play this map?

• Probably not.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely not!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Scarlet Hunter

Retinazer
Howdy, Terrarians! Horus here.

Once again I find myself in one of the most dead parts of the Terraria forums for one reason: adventure maps are cool!
My first map idea flopped a bit, I will be honest. It was a cool concept, but didn't really pan out, and I gave up on it quickly.

However, this is a new map, and I am pretty excited with it.
The Summoner class is greatly underappreciated (mostly because people don't understand how to use it), and I thought that making a map centered around it would be fun.

This map will feature exciting combat, optional exploration for cooler items, and fun parkour with a nice, simple linear system. You will progress and get every summoning item in the game, killing a variety of bosses and solving puzzles along the way.

It will have both a Pre-Hardmode and a Hardmode world download (once you have killed the Wall of Flesh, you will move to the new world to prevent the new stripes of Light and Darkness from messing up the world).

If you want to be a beta tester, you can ask, and I will allow you to test the worlds before they come out so I can tweak any problems you find.

The amount of time this map will take to come out will depend on how busy I am. Currently, I have a lot of free time, but that might all drain away in the future.

aoSxgjN.jpg

9esvOid.jpg

Last edited:
The concept sounds pretty cool so far. The summoner class is definitely one that could use a bit more of the spotlight. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of parkour maps, but I'm willing to put up with it if the platforming segments are fair and not too frustrating.

I'd be willing to beta test. I tend to be quite thorough about what I do and don't like about a map, so if you want an honest, detailed review, I'm your guy.

The concept sounds pretty cool so far. The summoner class is definitely one that could use a bit more of the spotlight. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of parkour maps, but I'm willing to put up with it if the platforming segments are fair and not too frustrating.

I'd be willing to beta test. I tend to be quite thorough about what I do and don't like about a map, so if you want an honest, detailed review, I'm your guy.
Great, I'll make sure to tell you when I've got something for you!
I agree about the parkour. I often find that punishing, excessive parkour takes away from enjoyment and fun, but you have to leave a bit in.
I will be doing my best to ensure that the parkour is not too difficult, and I will not be using rope parkour.

Okay, everyone. Update time!

I have been pretty busy, but so far, the map is going well. I am working hard to build cool areas that are believable and help with immersion. Right now I am building the intro, which is pretty big and possibly foreshadows some adventure maps in the future.

What I am currently arguing with myself is whether or not to release the map when both the Pre-Hardmode and Hardmode worlds are completed or release the Pre-Hardmode world once it is done and then the Hardmode world once that is done.

Full Completion PROS:
-It is the full map, so people can play the whole map at their own pace without waiting for the next installment.
-Knowing the full scope of exactly how the entire adventure will go will allow me to fine-tune earlier areas, including ones in Pre-Hardmode, to fit it.

Full Completion CONS:
-It will be longer before the map is released.

Two Releases PROS:
-The Pre-Hardmode release will show people how my maps will go, possible making them more hyped for the Hardmode world.
-A world release will come faster.

Two Releases CONS:
-People may play the Pre-Hardmode world, then forget this thread exists and never play the Hardmode one, thus missing out.

So, what do you guys think?

Okay, another quick update. I am mostly done with the Intro, and get into some cool adventuring stuff soon. Here are some screenshots to tease some of the map for you!

aoSxgjN.jpg

9esvOid.jpg

Back
Top Bottom