IC A Tale of Two Countries (IC)

"Say, we need to plot his demise now. His power plant is off, and while I take the news of his guardians disabled... I think I'll do that with a grain of salt. I'd rather be careful, for haste ended up with me dying early. So, where we shall strike now? Manpower so they won't ever try getting any? Resources, so they'll starve on them? Or something else? Communication?"

"Now we gather all the help we can get and strike them at their base. We first distract them and get them to go somewhere else. Then we attack their main base. Without their mechanical guardians, they have little defense when the cultists move."

"We will need to do a few preparations, but Bloodshed Ink relies too much on his minions. We take them out of the picture, game over."

"Honestly, sounds like an opposite of a hive. But if that'll be a 'game over' to them, then we'll need to make sure they won't recover at all, and it's going to be a real checkmate. Since you still can escape checks if one pawn slips past the frontline, promoted into queen."

"I'd say a raider group would work to destroy any pitiful attempts of rebuilding the 'Bloodshed' would try commencing. Not as glorious as decisive victory in field, but a lot safer and surefire. If it fails, we just need one fall-back plan rather than a lot of impossible replacements."

“I do want to quickly know something, dad, and that is…why did you make a choice to try to use Eternia magic?…”
“Ink…let me tell you the difference between a hero and a villain: They often walk the same road, until they come to a fork in it. There are two paths that this fork leads down. One is very difficult to travel, but leads to the right area. The other is easier to travel, but leads the wrong way. A hero will walk down the hard-to-travel road, overcoming every obstacle, and reach their destination. A villain will want the easier route, and will take it, then try to find their way to the destination, leading to them getting lost. Basically, a hero is willing to brave all the hardships that come their way, never giving in or giving up. A villain will try to avoid hardship, often giving up. This can come from many things: Fear, laziness, or mental problems. For me, I was afraid of our family’s safety. I tried to take the easier path, and lost my way. And that’s why I did what I did. But you, Ink…you braved everything that came at you, and let it motivate you to keep going. On your path, you climbed many mountains, big and small, and never turned back. And look how you have turned out: Strong, kind, brave…you’ve made everyone who played an important role in your life proud.”

“I do want to quickly know something, dad, and that is…why did you make a choice to try to use Eternia magic?…”
“Ink…let me tell you the difference between a hero and a villain: They often walk the same road, until they come to a fork in it. There are two paths that this fork leads down. One is very difficult to travel, but leads to the right area. The other is easier to travel, but leads the wrong way. A hero will walk down the hard-to-travel road, overcoming every obstacle, and reach their destination. A villain will want the easier route, and will take it, then try to find their way to the destination, leading to them getting lost. Basically, a hero is willing to brave all the hardships that come their way, never giving in or giving up. A villain will try to avoid hardship, often giving up. This can come from many things: Fear, laziness, or mental problems. For me, I was afraid of our family’s safety. I tried to take the easier path, and lost my way. And that’s why I did what I did. But you, Ink…you braved everything that came at you, and let it motivate you to keep going. On your path, you climbed many mountains, big and small, and never turned back. And look how you have turned out: Strong, kind, brave…you’ve made everyone who played an important role in your life proud.”
"Actually, I disagree with that comparision. Sometimes being a hero for people is a no-brainer, and being a villain would mean difficult choices at first. Let's say that path of hero may have some easier parts if there's more heroes than villains, as there's more inspirations for the former, and vice versa it's hard to be a villain under those conditions. And even when you're sure there's no good or no evil, it may sprout from seemingly nowhere to re-settle the status quo. Still, I wouldn't commend my own path of villainy, just speaking that Twilight, for example, wouldn't have enjoyed being evil, and villainy for her would come as hard as heroic acts would be for before-death us."

Back
Top Bottom