IC A Tale of Two Countries (IC)

Epithella decides to try looking for a place that sells equipment for detecting Changelings so she can start figuring out a way of getting past it.

A few people start putting posters up around Phobos asking people to join the Swaasnia militia. They'd get military training, weapons, and equipment, and they will mostly just be called upon to respond to natural disasters and enemy invasions, so none of them would have to worry about be shipped away to attack.
They'd also set up posters offering people positions in the normal military, but the normal military is humans only.

*Well, two things.
-The Changeling-detecting tech is government-restricted, so only authorized places may get them.
-And the Phobos government quickly tries to contact the Swaasnia militia to strike a deal with them.*

<<Hello, this is Major Donovan, Swaasnia Militia, why are you calling?>>

Epithella tries to send a Changeling to hire a mercenary to get one for her.

(Quick reminder, #D4AF37 is the coloring for the Phobos government.)

<<Two things. One, the recruitment posters you put up, while we aren't opposed to them, they do violate a law on regulations on outside promotion.>>

*Well, unless the merc has a commercial business in Phobos, they can't*

<<...Alright, I feel like both of these problems could solve each other. I assume that if we were providing protection for Phobos, then the posters would be less of an issue, as they'd now be promoting something related to Phobos. As for the details of this idea itself, I'll have to transfer you to Lieutenant General Bruce Madoc.>>

Well, his backround is that he was head of military intelligence for Swaasnia, and had a high ranking position in their secret police. Most of the details would be missing however, but there would at least be enough there that says he'll normally do what's best for Swaasnia, even if it means breaking agreements. However there would also be examples of him honouring agreements despite it not being in the best interest of Swaasnia for various reasons, ranging from getting more power for the secret police or military intelligence, to just trying to do something good.

*They'd proceed to factory reset whatever computers were used to obtain the information, due to personal opinions against the info*

Back
Top Bottom