OOC A Tale of Two Countries

I'm not gonna lie, I'm having thought of discontinuing this RP altogether. It's suffering from a worse version of the problem I usually leave RPs for.
And that problem is "being too :red:ing depressing"

I guess it feels like every once in a while, usually around holiday seasons, RPs seem to go through a major depression episode.
It wasn't as pronounced last year, but it feels a lot bigger now.
I know some RPs managed to steer clear of it, but I don't want to have an RP that I've tried to run myself go through the same issue.

Now that I think about it, it feels like this whole RP has issues with direction.
If it's high stakes, it feels overly depressing and I have barely want to continue.
If it's low stakes, it feels pointless (in a non-depressing way) and directionless.

Second off, I don't really know if I'll be quitting the forums soon. Not because of external conditions, but because of my own volition.
If you quit the forums, let me know, and I’ll see if I can keep this going. Aftermath Adventures is dead, and the characters here are all I have left of it. So if I need to, I’ll keep this going if you leave, whether it’s on this thread or another one. :)

If you quit the forums, let me know, and I’ll see if I can keep this going. Aftermath Adventures is dead, and the characters here are all I have left of it. So if I need to, I’ll keep this going if you leave, whether it’s on this thread or another one. :)
An rp
Is only dead
If you want it to be.
I'm always up for a revival of it, and that also applies to this rp.

So, after careful consideration, I have made what will probably be my most regrettable decision I've made here.

I am never making another RP or joining another RP again. If I try to make a new one, it'll just die before it even gets started, and literally none of the current popular RPs interest me in any way whatsoever, and I don't expect it to change.

Edit: I may do one more RP, but if that RP flops, it'll be my last one I'll ever make.

Last edited:
So, after reading a pitch Ink had in Aftermath Adventures, it made me think about the state of this RP, how it always ends up going in ways that make me feel the need to try and turn it all around for the "better" but I either don't act on it due to a feeling of helplessness or the effects are only temporary. The formula this RP seems to follow is "mostly action-oriented, some bleakness, some heartfelt moments (courtesy of Ink, thanks a lot for those), and endings that end up being both arc closers and cliffhangers.

And I want it all to be reworked. In other words, I'm thinking of doing a soft reboot of this RP. Cut out the constant "end of everything" BS, move the location to somewhere more interesting, keep some characters in but don't explicitly kill others off. Maybe rework it to something that's not "The Castlevania series, but space fantasy".

So, after reading a pitch Ink had in Aftermath Adventures, it made me think about the state of this RP, how it always ends up going in ways that make me feel the need to try and turn it all around for the "better" but I either don't act on it due to a feeling of helplessness or the effects are only temporary. The formula this RP seems to follow is "mostly action-oriented, some bleakness, some heartfelt moments (courtesy of Ink, thanks a lot for those), and endings that end up being both arc closers and cliffhangers.

And I want it all to be reworked. In other words, I'm thinking of doing a soft reboot of this RP. Cut out the constant "end of everything" BS, move the location to somewhere more interesting, keep some characters in but don't explicitly kill others off. Maybe rework it to something that's not "The Castlevania series, but space fantasy".
(You're welcome. A roleplay where characters show no emotion isn't fun. I prefer to bring life to the characters. :) )
(EDIT: I meant no emotion. I like characters with emotion. Oops.)

Personally I think it might be nice to do it from the beginning. That way I can have a completely new character rather than reusing characters. But it’s up to you guys.

Back
Top Bottom