From the creators of The Legend of Zelda - Two Worlds, Echoes of the Lost World is a large-scale adventure map inspired by metroid-vania games. The map is very open-worlded, to the point where you can get items in several different orders. The map is designed for Terraria veterans; both the parkour and fighting will challenge even the most experienced of players. We recommend completing our previous map (The Legend of Zeleda - Two Worlds) before moving on to this one, as it gives a good feel for this map. Estimated time to complete this map is 4-10 hours.
How to Download
- Select the newest version of the map (as it will have the least bugs)
- Download the map from the link given above
- Place the world file in your Terraria worlds folder (found from User -> Documents -> My Games -> Terraria -> Worlds)
- Create a new softcore character and enjoy the map!
- A large open world filled with secrets
- Branching item progression paths
- Dozens of creative puzzles
- A hint system to guide your way (explained below)
- Attention to detail
- Both single-player and multi-player versions
- Does not require any third party programs
The Hint System
The map has several gemspark question marks to guide you towards progress. Each of them is near a challenge that requires a specific item (or items), and if you are able to complete it, you are able to get to the item the question mark is linked to. Once the item is obtained, the question mark will fade and will not show in your map anymore (you must update your map by seeing the area where the question mark once was). If you ever are lost, at least one of the question marks should provide a path to progress.
- Destroy your starting items when you enter the map
- No using ANY items dropped from enemies, unless specified
- No buying anything from the skeleton merchant
- No placing any objects
- No breaking any objects besides cobwebs (basically no pickaxes / explosives)
- You may not craft a fart in a jar if you happen to get a whoopie cushion
- It is highly recommended that this map be played with lighting set to “color”
- 1366 x 768 resolution or larger resolution is very highly recommended
- Special thanks to everyone who has helped us test our map!