Map-Adventure A Terraria Adventure Map : Echoes of the Lost World

Uh, it's not what you think. If we made a list we wouldn't include that (nor the even better armor), as they are there only to help people who are having problems fighting plantera to actually finish the map. The armor is given to the player when he has attempted plantera twice already, and another armor is given after several more attempts. It's not a reward of any kind.
And that would explain why I never found it. I was wondering where it could be when I heard people mentioning Hallowed Armor. I had to re-enter the fight once 'cause Plantera didn't spawn the first time, but I never had to re-enter after that.

Uh, it's not what you think. If we made a list we wouldn't include that (nor the even better armor), as they are there only to help people who are having problems fighting plantera to actually finish the map. The armor is given to the player when he has attempted plantera twice already, and another armor is given after several more attempts. It's not a reward of any kind.
I accidentally discovered the hallowed set. Plantera bugged out thrice for me.
What's the other armor? I deleted the map since I finished it...

Uhm... help please?

Attachments

• Capture 2015-12-20 12_55_07.png
    Capture 2015-12-20 12_55_07.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 432
Not really, FF games can range from anywhere from 40 to well over 100 hours, it depends on how good you are and what side stuff you do.

That is rather obvious. It was a comparison. Super Metroid is the same way, you can finish it in under 2 hours with 100% items if you're good enough, but can easily hit 6 or even over 10 hours if it's your first time playing it. And honestly it is very similar to this map, a lot of backtracking to get into areas you couldn't before due to finding upgrades.

A game or map can have a wide margin of playtime depending on a person's skill and the side stuff they do. There's a good amount of side items to collect on this map that can be difficult to get to, and thus, will expand playtime.

I started playin this map yesterday, and now i've almost completed it, i must say i pretty much enjoyed it, it was fun and the puzzles are great (already played 8 hours tho XD)

i just wanted to know if i missed something before going to to the last area (i already opened both doors and i can't find the last hearth)
mafGJ.jpg
yep, i'm not a fan of potions and glowsticks (torches ftw)

Last edited:
I started playin this map yesterday, and now i've almost completed it, i must say i pretty much enjoyed it, it was fun and the puzzles are great (already played 8 hours tho XD)

i just wanted to know if i missed something before going to to the last area (i already opened both doors and i can't find the last hearth)
mafGJ.jpg
There's a Phoenix Blaster somewhere in the map you missed. (been too long to remember where)

ok, how am i supposed to do this jump?
magXp.jpg

Edit x1:forget, i just did it after trying 1 million times

Edit x2: Finished the map (killed plantera on the 1st try so no Hallow for me :c)
took 9 hours to complete it :p
found the revolver ( trolled by black edition [if u know wat i mean] ) but still no last heart
mak8a.jpg

Edit x3: Found some easter eggs (i guess)

makXB.jpg

makXM.jpg

makXW.jpg

Last edited:
AE6AEB090DCE89E944D3D32DECDEAD75388CFAA9

SUCCESS!

Beat Plantera on my 'first' try with this setup- I tried two other times, but it chickened out and ran away.
The vanity set is something I brought in myself, but I didn't use it in the battle!
The Eater's Bone actually dropped from the Eater of Worlds when I killed it.
i guess you could say RNGesus really... threw me a bone!

So apparently, I'm good at Terraria? I didn't figure myself to be, but this fight wasn't actually that hard. The arena makes the first phase a piece of cake, and then the Master Ninja Gear makes phase two... doable. If you get caught by Planty, you can escape it by dashing away and maybe being a bit lucky.

Stocking up on the potions was a great idea after all, they really helped to reduce the damage I took, on top of the Worm Scarf and Celestial Emblem.

The puzzles were really innovative and interesting! The uses of the different weapons with cobwebs was great, and I loved how the map was designed- You guys seem to really know what makes games like Super Metroid tick, and that's great to see!

...The part with the meteor heads was rather frustrating, however.
And I got stuck in the room overlooking the Pulse Bow chest because I didn't notice that the left wall was a door. Perhaps you could have conveyed that better.

Still, these are only minor nitpicks about a very well-done adventure map, possibly the best one I've played yet, apart from the Story of Red Cloud, which I never actually finished.

The hint system is completely useless. I am early in and there are already question blocks that haven't been faded yet for puzzles I can complete with my current items, and vice versa. It's confusing and I don't trust it anymore.

For example, getting the Ice Boomerang requires the Meatball. I have it, but the question mark for the route to the boomerang isn't faded out. I can also enter the underground jungle with the ice boomerang and flurry boots, and that question mark is not faded out either. There is an entrance to the underground crimson I found which seems to require some kind of ray gun, which I don't have, to open up, but the question mark is faded out. There is also a giant pillar keeping me from going deeper into the Underground Crimson that requires me to be able to hit a lever that I can't reach. The question mark for this pillar is faded out.

The broken hint system is killing my experience with this map. I am really lost.

Also this map is not fun to navigate at all. It feels very cumbersome, and it juggles you between areas way too much. "Get this item, go to jungle. OK now go back to snow cave. Now go to Crimson. Alright go back to snow cave. Go to the jungle again." This amount of backtracking is absurd, even for a metroidvania style map.

Something needs to be done about the beginning of the map. Sending the player falling to their death with a minecart track in the first 5 minutes is cheap.

It is a shame that I am disliking this map. Your last one was fantastic.

Last edited:
The hint system is completely useless. I am early in and there are already question blocks that haven't been faded yet for puzzles I can complete with my current items, and vice versa. It's confusing and I don't trust it anymore.
Did you re-visit the question blocks after completing the challenge? They won't fade away in the map until they are updated i.e., re-visited.

Did you re-visit the question blocks after completing the challenge? They won't fade away in the map until they are updated i.e., re-visited.

I was not talking about the map. I was talking about the actual things themselves.

Unless I am missing something, the system seems to be broken.

EDIT: Here is the jungle with a not faded out question block that I was able to enter anyways, clearly shown here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=613067697

And the faded out block below the pillar that I cannot get past: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045441848/screenshot/351647207498301978

Last edited:
I'll give you the first pic shows the block not faded out. I am pretty sure they are tied to doing various boulder/pressure point related puzzles and you possibly have not done the one for it yet?

The 2nd pic is how it is supposed to be though. The block is NOT faded out... as it should be since you haven't gotten past the pillar yet.

I was not talking about the map. I was talking about the actual things themselves.

Unless I am missing something, the system seems to be broken.

EDIT: Here is the jungle with a not faded out question block that I was able to enter anyways, clearly shown here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=613067697

And the faded out block below the pillar that I cannot get past: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045441848/screenshot/351647207498301978
For the first pic, did you get the item reward for that series of puzzles?
For the second pic, it's not faded out, as you haven't crossed it yet.

Back
Top Bottom