Map-Adventure A Terraria Adventure Map : Echoes of the Lost World

Had fun playing through this insanely complicated map, even though it took me a bit to figure out where to go sometimes. The exactness of some of the jumps (eg mushroom biome) was a bit much at times, but was generally okay. Only thing that might be improved is more signs, or now announcement boxes, to add some story/guidance to it all.

I just finished playing the map with a friend and it was amazing! We really had fun (and some times we got stressed) and I just wanted to congratulate you guys for doing such a great and creative map ~ I hope you have more maps to show us soon :D

Just started this map and really enjoying it! Unfortunately, I am currently stuck...

I have gone right and gotten the water walking boots. I also got the flurry boots. The only other place I can find to go is the crimson desert to the left. However, the second lever there (on top of some pillars) doesn't seem to work - when I flip it, the giant column of blocks turns off for half a second and then turns back on. It's way too fast for me to make it through. Have I missed somewhere you can go? The only other places I can find are the super drownball arena (lower left of the ice biome, need a way to breathe to have a chance of getting through) and a couple places where I can tell I need a different weapon to progress. Been having fun so far but currently super frustrated. :(

Hmmm.

I do vaguely recall something about having to run&jump over some pillars near the beginning... you're not over by the pyramids and giant pillars, right? You're near those smaller ones you're supposed to use the Flurry Boots to get enough speed to jump across?

I think there might be more than one switch there? Something there activates something else but lol. I don't remember how exactly that goes. Been way too long. Need to fire that map up again sometime just to dink with it.

I am over by the pyramid and the giant pillars, yes.

IIRC, that requires a weapon you find way later. I think what you're supposed to do now, is revisit some of the older "?" blocks. I think here at some point soon, you should be getting the boomerang. Sometimes you'll find a switch that does something but you can't tell what... one of the other ?s will be open, usually.

Bleh... Stuck again. Found what I had missed before (place I could flurry jump that I didn't realize). I know have the diving gear, water walking boots, flurry boots, tiger climbing gear, sapphire staff, and musket. After getting the musket I can't find anywhere else to go... it looks like I need the boomerang to progress, but I can't find it anywhere... Checked every ? block I see on the map and none of them work with the musket, they require a weapon that rebounds more than once...

Okay I am very confused. I tried watching a lets play to see what to do next. When they went to the left with the pyramid, there were two switches and two walls of active blocks, and it was just a timing puzzle to hit both switches and quickly get through the wall.

On my version of the map there is only one switch and only one wall of blocks, and the timing is far too short to possibly make it past. Why is my map different?

EDIT: Figured it out. I was on the co-op version of the map. Randomly putting in a puzzle that requires two people to solve, when every other puzzle doesn't and there are big warnings about sequence breaking and not leaving your partner behind, is dirty pool IMO.

I was gonna say, I do not remember switches like that 'cept for the switch you need a certain weapon for near the giant pillars.

But it WOULD make sense that in a co-op version of the map that you would need 2 people to get through it... otherwise why make it co-op? lol

It's less that it requires two people, and more that it's the only puzzle I've yet seen that requires two people. The map was not building my expectations to match. My g/f and I saw that we could get through there, thought "that's cheese because only one of us can get through and the map has never made us split up before" and left.

It's less that it requires two people, and more that it's the only puzzle I've yet seen that requires two people. The map was not building my expectations to match. My g/f and I saw that we could get through there, thought "that's cheese because only one of us can get through and the map has never made us split up before" and left.

Ahh I see. Hmm, I wouldn't know because I never MP'd that map.

Totally stuck AGAIN. xD Less frustrated this time because I think it might just be a puzzle I haven't figured out how to solve... but basically I got into the boomerang area and haven't found any new items there yet, even though I seem to have explored it as far as I can.

The meteorheads on the other hand could cause some annoyance, but only if I didn't have the musket yet.
Having the musket there makes all the difference. It's the most efficient weapon to deal with the meteor heads.
I feel we should've probably made sure the player has to get the musket before being able to get there. I feel like the musket made that area way easier than it would be without (as you have otherwise no good weapons against them), but the musket can one shot them with a straight fast projectile.
I actually had the Musket when I did that area. Honestly, being able to deal with the Meteor Heads is not the issue; it's having to deal with them in the first place. After every jump, you then have to spend a good 1-3 minutes fending off Meteor Heads before you can make the next jump. And although they're not necessarily pixel-perfect jumps, some require multiple jumps before you can rest on a mushroom. Meaning if you start that series of jumps and a Meteor Head spawns in a way that will run into you, you're basically screwed and get knocked off before you reach a resting point. You'll either lose a large portion of progress in that area, or alternatively die due to fall damage and have to start over completely.

Imagine trying to drive from Los Angeles to New York. But instead of a normal car, you have one with a small gas tank that requires you to stop every fifteen minutes in order to refuel. You do have a reserve portable tank you can use in areas that have long distances between gas stations; but if you don't stop in time, you get sent all the way back to Los Angeles and have to start the trip over again. You technically have the tools to do it, but it's so tedious and annoying that you quickly lose the desire to do so.

Some peace candles could've helped too.
This is a good idea. And although I'd still prefer to receive the Cobalt Shield right before this area (you get it pretty soon after), peace candles could be a plausible alternative.

Im at the boss, though I cant figure out what the lights are for before it. The bird engine ones. Anyone know?

If anyone ever sees this, I'm completely stuck and can't find anywhere where any of my current items allows me to progress. I have the Meatball, Sapphire Staff, and Musket, as well as the Flurry Boots, Flippers, Tiger Climbing Gear, Flippers, and Diving Helm.
Actually, never mind; I discovered I wasn't trying a certain puzzle hard enough.

Last edited:
Maybe huge necrobump, but I started this map again, and it is still awesome in 2018.

Probably one of the best adventure maps I've ever played. However, I just gotta wonder, did 1.3.5 screw with enemy spawns? I've gotten killed a couple times now to relentless spawns of powerful (well, for the equipment you have in this map) enemies like Spiked Jungle Slimes and even a Nymph!

Way too powerful enemies for a meager chain knife, meatball and ice boomerang. yeeesh.

I don't remember the spawns being this flippin' bad.

Otherwise, still love the map to this day.

Maybe huge necrobump, but I started this map again, and it is still awesome in 2018.

Probably one of the best adventure maps I've ever played. However, I just gotta wonder, did 1.3.5 screw with enemy spawns? I've gotten killed a couple times now to relentless spawns of powerful (well, for the equipment you have in this map) enemies like Spiked Jungle Slimes and even a Nymph!

Way too powerful enemies for a meager chain knife, meatball and ice boomerang. yeeesh.

I don't remember the spawns being this flippin' bad.

Otherwise, still love the map to this day.
I just recently replayed this man and I only died 3 times and that was because of lava. I never found a problem witht the enemies in this map although they can be a bit annoying sometimes like in the mushroom cavern. Calming potions could have been added to decrease enemies but otherwise it's a small complaint. The final part is easily bugged but there is so many times you can repeat it in order to not softlock.

Also, the link to the map in this thread is broke, but the map can still be found at CurseForge: https://terraria.curseforge.com/projects/echoes-lost-world

Back
Top Bottom