Map-Adventure A Terraria Adventure: The Legend of Zelda - Two Worlds

This map is brilliant. I'm enjoying playing it. And it feels very nostalgic, because of very clever idea with two worlds. Every secret, puzzle and dungeon is awesome. even bossfights are unique. Guys, this is one of the best maps i ever played. I hope to see more of those clever maps :)

This map is probably the best piece work that I have ever seen in Terraria!:D

However, the main issue that I had was that at the start I didn't have anything to tell me where to go or what I was supposed to do.

Other than that, this is a fantastic map with unique mechanics that I have not seen in any other map! I enjoyed it the whole way through, which makes me exited for your future work in 1.3!

Keep up the good work! :joy:

By the way, I absolutely LOVED the King Slime battle! The use of traps and mimics was very clever!

I can't find the enchanted sword :confused:

There's a deep well just right of the spawn, go through it and through the forest to find the sword. You should have the 3 key accessories and 3 temple keys before getting the sword though.

I think I either broke something here or something was just missing, but I had to go to another map I had to get a stoneblock to even beable to continue here, I even watched pedguins video to see if maybe I was supposed to do something else first but nope, There was just a random silt block missing for no reason next to where the arrow is http://i.imgur.com/sACCPzS.png

Great map so far, Love it.

Is this where it's supposed to be?
Yes. You did get the enchanted sword from there, right?

I think I either broke something here or something was just missing, but I had to go to another map I had to get a stoneblock to even beable to continue here, I even watched pedguins video to see if maybe I was supposed to do something else first but nope, There was just a random silt block missing for no reason next to where the arrow is http://i.imgur.com/sACCPzS.png

Great map so far, Love it.
The silt block should be the one that falls all the way from the top. Are you sure you didn't just miss it?

The silt block should be the one that falls all the way from the top. Are you sure you didn't just miss it?
Yeah, I took that one, I spent maybe 15 mins just jumping around in there trying to figure out what to do and trying to abuse spiderwebs but nothing..

Yeah, I took that one, I spent maybe 15 mins just jumping around in there trying to figure out what to do and trying to abuse spiderwebs but nothing..

It isn't unheard of for sand/silt to disappear when falling down, I feel you might of just been very unlucky getting a very rare bug. It is something unique to you, we haven't seen or heard anyone else getting this problem.

Unfortunately that is a small problem building maps in Terraria, there are bugs out of our control, there are several other game breaking things in this map if you are extremely unlucky/lucky or do some crazy things.

the sword isn't there. Am i doing something wrong? :confused:

Did it look like that screenshot before you got there, with the deactivated gray brick, if so then I have no clue at all how that happened and have had no other reports about it being like that. There should be the enchanted sword sprite, which breaks when you step on the pressure plate deactivating the brick, which then gives you the item.

If it did originally have the enchanted sword sprite, you should of gotten it when you stepped on the pressure plate, check your inventory if you haven't. Otherwise I have no idea what could of gone wrong sorry To continue playing you'll have to get an enchanted sword from another world/server/player editor.

It isn't unheard of for sand/silt to disappear when falling down, I feel you might of just been very unlucky getting a very rare bug. It is something unique to you, we haven't seen or heard anyone else getting this problem.

Unfortunately that is a small problem building maps in Terraria, there are bugs out of our control, there are several other game breaking things in this map if you are extremely unlucky/lucky or do some crazy things.
I see, Guess I was just unlucky then; Good thing I have maps I can borrow stuff from incase I ever get stuck.
I also brought a wrench at the same time so I could admire all the wireing the map has. :p

Edit:
Well I just have the best of luck, I die to wall of flesh when it's at 8 health and now it wont respawn next time I throw in a guide doll and the guide dies, Not even restarting the map helped. :/
Also, is there some way to reach the NPCs or do I have to get shroomite digging claws and dig my way there?

Last edited:
I see, Guess I was just unlucky then; Good thing I have maps I can borrow stuff from incase I ever get stuck.
I also brought a wrench at the same time so I could admire all the wireing the map has. :p

Edit:
Well I just have the best of luck, I die to wall of flesh when it's at 8 health and now it wont respawn next time I throw in a guide doll and the guide dies, Not even restarting the map helped. :/
Also, is there some way to reach the NPCs or do I have to get shroomite digging claws and dig my way there?

Sorry didn't notice your edit before. Here's the reply:

If you don't kill it then you need to wait for it to reach the end of the map and for a new guide to respawn, which is quite annoying. Waiting for 10 minutes should be more than enough time, there should be nothing else stopping the WoF from spawning again.

You can not get to the NPC's without cheating so you can't buy anything from them. If we have any NPCs the player can reach the Travelling Merchant can spawn nearby selling items that can break the map.

One of the Eaters of Souls I killed dropped an Ancient Shadow Helmet. Am I allowed to use it?

Certainly, there is no rule against it.

Absolutely amazing map. I really enjoyed it. The usage of all the different items was superb!!!

If you're considering making another Zelda themed map, consider Skyward Sword. You could use the umbrella as the sail cloth to reach the surface. You could also divide the surface into the three different areas, with different openings in the clouds to get there (you could even have the sword room with jungle keys to hit levers in order to open the pathways). The personality and diversity of the three areas would work really well. A bow/blow pipe (bow and sling-shot from SS)(you could even include the dart gun thingy as the sling shot's upgrade) could be used to break cobwebs to solve puzzles. You could use a grapple as the claw shot. You could even have the bug-net (not that it would have an actual use in the game). I think that the Zelda franchise fits really well for Terraria adventure maps and you've done a great job. I also think the ability to upgrade items in skyward sword would fit really nicely into terraria (upgrade bow with better bows, upgrade climbing claws to tiger climbing gear etc.). You could even have the magic missile as the beetle. You could also consider having life fruit as "heart pieces" (as it would take four to add up to one heart container (20 health)) and then heart containers as... well... heart containers (and have them accessible after you defeat a boss). I even think the final dungeon (sky keep (I think)) would work really well, as the different themed rooms would be awesome. This map was really amazing and I look forward to your next one! Some other items that you could use could be the tabi (the one that lets you dash to the side), the vile thorn (break cobwebs through walls) the flamelash as it wouldn't work in water and then have the magic missile/rainbow rod (which do work in water).

Hope you like my ideas, and maybe even use a few of them. I know you'll do a great job. Your level is just indescribable.

I hope you continue to make maps with only a small amount of items so that each item really gets fleshed out fully.

I really loved your usage of items in varied ways. I think that that is something that you should keep, as it really is just beautiful. You managed to make amazing puzzles without resorting to using the somewhat cliche usage of jumping accessories.

Thanks for making this absolutely impeccable map. Really, really enjoyed myself.

Absolutely amazing map. I really enjoyed it. The usage of all the different items was superb!!!

If you're considering making another Zelda themed map, consider Skyward Sword. You could use the umbrella as the sail cloth to reach the surface. You could also divide the surface into the three different areas, with different openings in the clouds to get there (you could even have the sword room with jungle keys to hit levers in order to open the pathways). The personality and diversity of the three areas would work really well. A bow/blow pipe (bow and sling-shot from SS)(you could even include the dart gun thingy as the sling shot's upgrade) could be used to break cobwebs to solve puzzles. You could use a grapple as the claw shot. You could even have the bug-net (not that it would have an actual use in the game). I think that the Zelda franchise fits really well for Terraria adventure maps and you've done a great job. I also think the ability to upgrade items in skyward sword would fit really nicely into terraria (upgrade bow with better bows, upgrade climbing claws to tiger climbing gear etc.). You could even have the magic missile as the beetle. You could also consider having life fruit as "heart pieces" (as it would take four to add up to one heart container (20 health)) and then heart containers as... well... heart containers (and have them accessible after you defeat a boss). I even think the final dungeon (sky keep (I think)) would work really well, as the different themed rooms would be awesome. This map was really amazing and I look forward to your next one! Some other items that you could use could be the tabi (the one that lets you dash to the side), the vile thorn (break cobwebs through walls) the flamelash as it wouldn't work in water and then have the magic missile/rainbow rod (which do work in water).

Hope you like my ideas, and maybe even use a few of them. I know you'll do a great job. Your level is just indescribable.

I hope you continue to make maps with only a small amount of items so that each item really gets fleshed out fully.

I really loved your usage of items in varied ways. I think that that is something that you should keep, as it really is just beautiful. You managed to make amazing puzzles without resorting to using the somewhat cliche usage of jumping accessories.

Thanks for making this absolutely impeccable map. Really, really enjoyed myself.

Thanks!
We are already working on a new map which is not a Zelda map, and I don't think anyone of us is too interested of making another Zelda themed map. We are about halfway through done with our next map, so it's too late to make any big drastic changes to it, but the umbrella idea definitely sounds interesting. We will most definitely have some discussion about that (maybe for 1.3 map?). Our next map is going to use a bit more items than this one, but that just gives us more tools to make challenges with.

If you are interested of our next map, we made a topic of it here http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/a-new-map-by-the-makers-of-the-legend-of-zelda-two-worlds.15244/. It has some early screenshots :)

Thanks!
We are already working on a new map which is not a Zelda map, and I don't think anyone of us is too interested of making another Zelda themed map. We are about halfway through done with our next map, so it's too late to make any big drastic changes to it, but the umbrella idea definitely sounds interesting. We will most definitely have some discussion about that (maybe for 1.3 map?). Our next map is going to use a bit more items than this one, but that just gives us more tools to make challenges with.

If you are interested of our next map, we made a topic of it here http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/a-new-map-by-the-makers-of-the-legend-of-zelda-two-worlds.15244/. It has some early screenshots :)

I look forward to it! It looks really good.

On a side note I had some more zelda-themed ideas: flying carpet as hover boots and a switch/lever/wire cutters etc. as the lens of truth to tell which lever will open the way forward and which will activate the traps to kill you.

One suggestion to the rules, and I think about this often when it comes to adventure-type maps. I feel as though the character should keep their pickaxe, but only for picking up and trashing chests after they loot it. In some maps, like this one, you go back and forth and kind of lose track of which chests you have and haven't looted yet.

One suggestion to the rules, and I think about this often when it comes to adventure-type maps. I feel as though the character should keep their pickaxe, but only for picking up and trashing chests after they loot it. In some maps, like this one, you go back and forth and kind of lose track of which chests you have and haven't looted yet.

We really want to avoid adding rules players have to enforce on them selves, as a lot of players won't follow them or will bend them. Ideally it would be good to have some direct indication of what chests you have visited but it is not a big problem, any noteworthy chest would be behind a challenge which would be memorable enough. A rule change allowing players to mine chests comes with many risks and problems and would not be worth it.

Thank you very much for your suggestion though, it is definitely something I'll discuss with the other two map makers as we work on our new ones.

We really want to avoid adding rules players have to enforce on them selves, as a lot of players won't follow them or will bend them. Ideally it would be good to have some direct indication of what chests you have visited but it is not a big problem, any noteworthy chest would be behind a challenge which would be memorable enough. A rule change allowing players to mine chests comes with many risks and problems and would not be worth it.

Thank you very much for your suggestion though, it is definitely something I'll discuss with the other two map makers as we work on our new ones.
Alternatively you could have a switch of some kind around each chest that lights up a torch to show you've been there.

Last edited:
I don't normally double-post but I think this should be a new post.

First off, I really enjoyed this map. It was open enough to where you can freely choose what to do instead of it holding your hand through where you were suppose to go, but it was closed enough to where you didn't truly get lost either. The puzzles were great. The unique ways you use certain items and mechanics is brilliant.

I loved the way each item could be used to obtain a better reforged version of that item, or, in the case of the sword, getting a new one. Getting the Mana Crystal as the staff "upgrade" was also a nice touch.

You definitely included more than enough to be able to complete the game. Lots of cannons, arrows, boss summoning items, even an amazing amount of potions. I went back with my main character after completing the map just to collect items (Slime Crowns and Guide Voodoo Dolls ftw! =D)

On that note, I did find one thing that may be an issue. There's some lever that re-locks the entrance to the boss room of the Jungle Temple. I don't exactly know what ends up locking it after you get to that room, but I don't think the switch to initially unlock it is anywhere near the opening. I spent time roaming around the Jungle Temple trying to find the switch that opens it again before finally just using the Rod of Discord to get the remaining Slime Crowns. This could possibly lead to someone dying during the boss fight and not being able to get back into the room.

I don't know if it is a problem with the way the map is made or if you can even do anything to control it, but the map is very off from the normal map scroll background. It's not a huge issue, but it does make the map a little more annoying to look at sometimes.

I noticed you guys are working on a new adventure map and I'm really looking forward to it. You mentioned it's not a LoZ-based map, and I'm fine with that. But I do want to say that I really hope you end up doing another LoZ map. In fact, I think a sequel to this one would be amazing. The character could continue off with the items you've received from this map. The player could find Life Fruits instead of Heart Crystals to end up with 500 total hp, tinked upgrades to the accessories, and obviously better armor and weapons to deal with hardmode enemies. Just something to think about.

One final suggestion. The places where you pick up the map and compass in each dungeon. The lightning in some places is horrible. Perhaps there could be a switch next to those chests that light up some more torches to make vision easier. It would give finding the map and compass a bit more meaning.

I don't normally double-post but I think this should be a new post.

First off, I really enjoyed this map. It was open enough to where you can freely choose what to do instead of it holding your hand through where you were suppose to go, but it was closed enough to where you didn't truly get lost either. The puzzles were great. The unique ways you use certain items and mechanics is brilliant.

I loved the way each item could be used to obtain a better reforged version of that item, or, in the case of the sword, getting a new one. Getting the Mana Crystal as the staff "upgrade" was also a nice touch.

You definitely included more than enough to be able to complete the game. Lots of cannons, arrows, boss summoning items, even an amazing amount of potions. I went back with my main character after completing the map just to collect items (Slime Crowns and Guide Voodoo Dolls ftw! =D)

On that note, I did find one thing that may be an issue. There's some lever that re-locks the entrance to the boss room of the Jungle Temple. I don't exactly know what ends up locking it after you get to that room, but I don't think the switch to initially unlock it is anywhere near the opening. I spent time roaming around the Jungle Temple trying to find the switch that opens it again before finally just using the Rod of Discord to get the remaining Slime Crowns. This could possibly lead to someone dying during the boss fight and not being able to get back into the room.

I don't know if it is a problem with the way the map is made or if you can even do anything to control it, but the map is very off from the normal map scroll background. It's not a huge issue, but it does make the map a little more annoying to look at sometimes.

I noticed you guys are working on a new adventure map and I'm really looking forward to it. You mentioned it's not a LoZ-based map, and I'm fine with that. But I do want to say that I really hope you end up doing another LoZ map. In fact, I think a sequel to this one would be amazing. The character could continue off with the items you've received from this map. The player could find Life Fruits instead of Heart Crystals to end up with 500 total hp, tinked upgrades to the accessories, and obviously better armor and weapons to deal with hardmode enemies. Just something to think about.

One final suggestion. The places where you pick up the map and compass in each dungeon. The lightning in some places is horrible. Perhaps there could be a switch next to those chests that light up some more torches to make vision easier. It would give finding the map and compass a bit more meaning.

Thanks for your comment.

For the Jungle Boss the entrance closes the same time the exit opens, which happens at the end of the fight. There is a switch right next to the entrance of the room which changes both of these, opening the entrance and closing the exit, so you are forced to beat the boss even if you die. The switch could be made more obvious, I don't think there is any lighting next to it.

The map issues come from creating a custom map in TEdit with a different size, surface and cavern levels, there is not much we can do about it without redesigning large portions of the map.

It would be good to have a direct sequel, but forcing players to use characters from another map would stop most people from playing it, most people who have already played the map will of deleted their character, and anyone new will be forced to play the first one. With a completely new map people will be able to choose which map they want to play, also we have a lot more freedom with what we can do in the map if we don't limit ourselves to do a Zelda themed map again, especially if it's meant to be a direct sequel of another map.

We have already built 90% of our next map, though like the first map it will go through a lot of testing and refinement. It was originally planned to be released for 1.3 but we have been a lot faster than expected, we do have a small amount of plans for a third map in 1.3 though, which will most likely not be Zelda themed. I have no idea what we will do after that.

With the map and compass, some of them were placed quite late into making the dungeon and are not in good positions, considering they are a bonus/easter egg that don't do anything it hardly matters but I don't really like where some of them are placed. In fact the bigger problem is that most people don't realise they are a reference to Zelda games and get confused by them, which is ironic considering the trifold map prevents confusion in game.

Thanks for your comment.

For the Jungle Boss the entrance closes the same time the exit opens, which happens at the end of the fight. There is a switch right next to the entrance of the room which changes both of these, opening the entrance and closing the exit, so you are forced to beat the boss even if you die. The switch could be made more obvious, I don't think there is any lighting next to it.
Sorry, I should've been more specific. The one directly above the boss room has a switch on the wall that does effect the opening and the exit. I was referring to the blocks right before you repel down the rope into the boss room. There's like 6 or so in a vertical line right in front of the rope that relocked and I've absolutely no idea what controls it.
It would be good to have a direct sequel, but forcing players to use characters from another map would stop most people from playing it, most people who have already played the map will of deleted their character, and anyone new will be forced to play the first one. With a completely new map people will be able to choose which map they want to play, also we have a lot more freedom with what we can do in the map if we don't limit ourselves to do a Zelda themed map again, especially if it's meant to be a direct sequel of another map.
The one thing you could do so they don't absolutely have to play the first map is provide them with the same items you can get in the original map right from the start, so they can technically make a new character and still have everything as though they just finished the first. The one underlying factor is they wouldn't get all the upgraded versions. You know, if you ever feel like making a sequel. :dryadtongue:

Back
Top Bottom