Map-Adventure A Terraria Adventure: The Legend of Zelda - Two Worlds

This map is amazing! It's fun, huge, I sometimes get lost :eek:
So (SPOILERS AHEAD):
2016-01-14_00001.jpg
2016-01-14_00002.jpg
as you can see, I have explored a bit, I got the flippers, hermes boots, climbing claws and cobalt shield as well as defeated the two bosses...
The problem is: I dont know where do I go now. Where do I get the third key? Can someone help please? ;(

I was having fun up until that stupid climbing claw jump puzzle in the mine to get to the other teleporter.

This game just does not have precision control on wall jumping like other games (like Metroid) does. The controls for wall jumping like that are very clunky (requiring exact keypresses within half a second timing) and I really don't like zero margin-of-error precision required.

So unfortunately looks like that's it for me, because I tried some 30 times and I just cannot get my character to get up there because of the 10+ keypresses that must be done EXACTLY right within 0.5s MoE. And of course if you screw up you gotta start the whole series of jumps all over again, and that's not even getting to the "halfway" point, and if you fall from THAT you gotta start the entire thing all over again....

I was having fun until that.

Loved the map since it was most about clever use of weapons to solve puzzles instead of that spike nightmare that most other adventure maps are(not that they are bad, but it's boring).

But that climbing part on the last dungeon(the ones with the alternating walls) where you have to time exactly when to jump, or else... And the fact that you have to make the perfect jump in order to get to the end because there isn't much space.

This is an absolutely amazing map both visually and gameplay-wise. You should be a level designer if you're not already! I did find a slight oversight though...
Enchanted Boomerang can pass through 1-block wide gaps. Therefore it can open the entrance to what I assume is the final dungeon, far before you have the Enchanted Sword which you're SUPPOSED to use. There were also a couple of puzzles that were made obsolete because of this, such as the silt ones in Corruption Temple.

Playing it right now, and I love it, It has some unique puzzles that I havn't seen before, and many things are really well thought.
I'm only a bit sad with the lack of lore/story with signs, as that appeared in some other adventure maps.

Nonetheless, I'm really enjoying it!

Also, a little bug happened that a silt block suddenly disappeared, but I just used a single web rope to pass the bug. :)

The map is really awesome(except for the climbing claws part, the controls are terrible for wall jumping), but I can't get past the first cannonball part. Where am I supposed to shoot? The ball doesn't go through the little gap on the wall.

The map is really awesome(except for the climbing claws part, the controls are terrible for wall jumping), but I can't get past the first cannonball part. Where am I supposed to shoot? The ball doesn't go through the little gap on the wall.
I'm sorry, but that part is unplayable now.
This map was made to fit the 'heavy cannonball' bug.
However, said bug is fixed since 1.3.1, so at the moment, this map needs an update for that region to be fixed.

Had a great time playing, and was amazed by just how well the twin-map was pulled off. Just a bit of input on the above though: Yes, this map reeeaaally needs to be updated for 1.3.1, so the cannons are fixed. I had to sneak past using... Less legitimate tactics `:p

Other than that, awesome!

I have been playing this map for the past 3 days and it is amazing! I have so far cleared Ice, the Meteor...thing, the Corruption dungeon, the Jungle Dungeon, the Hallowed, the Spider and Honey minibiomes which were quite awesome, and am now about to try myself with the scattered Crimson.
Items progress - Enchanted Sword, Ball O'Hurt, Staff of Earth; Crimson Helmet, Iron Chestplate, Crimson Greaves, Menacing Hermes Boots, same enchantment Climbing Claws and Flippers; also the Cobalt Shield and Hand Warmers and Bezoar.
Apparently I need a Boomerang to get to one of the puzzles under the house between spawn town and Ice) and I have no idea how to get it (sooo...tip pls?). did try my hardest to reach the web through the wall with the Ball O'Hurt, but it's just one block short, you guys thought of it too!
(Edit: after going through one of the coolest yet shortest minecart parcour puzzles I've seen I got the boomerang yay)

While I'm at it, I should mention that it is an absolutely genius the way you implemented weapons such as a Flail, a Flail! into puzzle solving!
All in all, one of the best maps I have ever played - it also has this very slight, yet not strong enough requirement for a bit better aesthetics - just in the spirit of an 8-bit game. I've never played a Zelda game but it sure felt like it.
BTW once I've finished this world I'll redownload it and collect all valuable items ^^
Don't blame me, I'm not patient enough to farm a Dungeon Chest Key and you have two in your world, not to mention the Gravity Globe!

Last edited:
Whelp. i decided to play the map for the first time and... I'm stuck at the canon part to get to the jungle temple... >.> to put things in perspective... none of the canonballs from either canon at any angle hit anywhere i need them to hit. i'm assuming that i need to use the lower canon to break the cobwebs so i can use the canon on the branch to get into the temple but it doesn't want to reach the cobweb. >.> i've tried the flail and boomerang as well to try and break the cobwebs.

Edit: After cheating and picking up the ichor torch next to the silt and cobweb i realize that that is not how to get into the jungle temple area... as the gap in the wall is too small for the canonball to go through i am at a loss... I feel bad for cheating but i just couldn't figure it out... =_=

From the looks of it... it appears the canon next to the sign talking about how to use a canon is not high enough...

Last edited:
Whelp. i decided to play the map for the first time and... I'm stuck at the canon part to get to the jungle temple... >.> to put things in perspective... none of the canonballs from either canon at any angle hit anywhere i need them to hit. i'm assuming that i need to use the lower canon to break the cobwebs so i can use the canon on the branch to get into the temple but it doesn't want to reach the cobweb. >.> i've tried the flail and boomerang as well to try and break the cobwebs.

Edit: After cheating and picking up the ichor torch next to the silt and cobweb i realize that that is not how to get into the jungle temple area... as the gap in the wall is too small for the canonball to go through i am at a loss... I feel bad for cheating but i just couldn't figure it out... =_=

From the looks of it... it appears the canon next to the sign talking about how to use a canon is not high enough...
Checking over other comments, and patchnotes, the cannons work differently on current version compared to when the map was first released, unfortunately breaking any cannon-related puzzle.

I cheated at the time too `:p

Checking over other comments, and patchnotes, the cannons work differently on current version compared to when the map was first released, unfortunately breaking any cannon-related puzzle.

I cheated at the time too `:p
would explain why the canon puzzle near the castle doesn't work either.

It's kinda sad to see such an amazing map been unplayable because it made use of a bug. which was fixed in a later version.
And the Thread poster is unable to be talked to either.

If someone was able to patch that part of the map so it works with the new cannon phygics, That would do good...if only. :(

It's kinda sad to see such an amazing map been unplayable because it made use of a bug. which was fixed in a later version.
And the Thread poster is unable to be talked to either.

If someone was able to patch that part of the map so it works with the new cannon phygics, That would do good...if only. :(

Well, to be honest, anybody could... you just download the map, open it with TEdit, make whatever changes are necessary, and then save the map and re-distribute it.

Well, to be honest, anybody could... you just download the map, open it with TEdit, make whatever changes are necessary, and then save the map and re-distribute it.
I had already tried it myself, Though not with TEdit, and thus things were much harder to attempt,
I should probably use that one tomorrow.

I've gotten permission from @Baih to fix the cannon puzzles in this map.
It has taken quite some time, by trying out TEdit, deciding how to handle it without breaking anything else, and a lot of attempts to test through the map alone.
But finally, I got the Jungle puzzles fixed for now. Hoping that it was only lying on the cannons that things didn't worked out.

With this change, this adventure map should be playable again in Terraria 1.3.5.3

You can get the fixed version in the attached file below.
- The cannon at the castle now needs to be fired at a teal pressure plate.
- Fixed the cannon triggers at the jungle entrace.
- Made a few changes in the room with the 3 cannons to balance out their formerly puzzle difficulity. Because the puzzle became a lot easier with the extra range.

Why would I help updating a map if I'm not responsible for it?
Because I've really enjoyed the unique item puzzles in this map, and I feel like more people should be able to play it. It has added quite some new and fresh ideas that has been really inspiring to try out such puzzles.

Please let me know if there are still some minor bugs or tweaks around the cannons that needs to be fixed. But I'm not responsible for any other bugs in this map.
If anyone would be able to contact mbran139 to update this thread (or other locations) with this fix. That would be appreciated.

And finally, enjoy finishing this map now. :)

Attachments

• The_Legend_of_Zelda_-_Two_Worlds_1.3.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 373
Idk if it can be help but I recently got to the Temple Jungle and was trying to get the cannons. Myself and others have a problem with the Cannon we can clearly see in this video that the cannon ball should arc.
The problem is for Myself and others is that it doesn't arc if this isn't a bug and you just changed the map or puzzle I would like to know how to complete it. If it can't be fixed I could cheat it but if it can be fixed I would love to know how

Back
Top Bottom