A Thread to Express Gratitude to the Devs and Community Managers/Mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to thank me, for putting $10 into the pocket of Redigit. Without my (and more people's) contributions, we wouldn't have Redigit remove his :red: from the couch to hire folks to work on Terraria.

Go consumers!
:sigh: Here we go again...
oh yeah, and today is Redigit's birthday, Happy birthday Red!

While the delivery may not be ideal, Korin is correct. So much thanks has to be given to all the members of this forum and the players of the game. Without them, there would be no community to belong to and no game to play.

Much props to all the members and players, and thank you for any and all of your constructive contributions to the community and/or the game.

While the delivery may not be ideal, Korin is correct. So much thanks has to be given to all the members of this forum and the players of the game. Without them, there would be no community to belong to and no game to play.

Much props to all the members and players, and thank you for any and all of your constructive contributions to the community and/or the game.

It's like folks expect me to sugarcoat everything. Sheesh. I'm a realist, baby.

Hey guys, first of all, thank you so much for all the support. Receiving some love and positive messages surely change someone's day for better. It's awesome to see when a community cares about something in common, and I don't say this as a developer, but as a player, an enthusiast. I've been on other forums before and I know how this can be an important part on our daily routine. Being grateful to the staff when they do a good work is particularly meaningful as they usually are doing this just for passion and the satisfaction to see people meeting and bringing ideas together, and nothing else.

As a developer, I can say that I'm grateful to see the all the enthusiasm some of you put into the game. Writing fiction, doing fan arts, making mods, and of course, playing and enjoying the game. Being part of something like this and seeing people caring about it is priceless. The messages are very appreciated, but seeing how you guys love the game is enough to make us feel accomplished.

For the people saying that no one must be grateful to the developers, you are right. No one owe any respects or considerations for any of the developers. And of course, it's even more right to be cynical about it and care about the investment you made, without it the game wouldn't exist as it does. I thank you all for your support too, even if it's not by kind words or euphoric enthusiasm, it isn't less important by any means!

But of course, the world isn't just black and white. You don't need to be grateful, but this doesn't mean that you shouldn't. May look cheesy to say this, but truth is that sometimes even small things like a silly indie game can be important for us somehow. It's not about if you paid or how much you paid, it's about your personal satisfaction and how meaningful this can be for you and for others. Telling someone they are doing a good job when they are doing a good job doesn't hurt. Being nice with people when you don't owe anything isn't a sin, it's called kindness. When I ask for pizza on the Saturday night I always say "thank you for your work, have a good night", the pizza guy smile and answer "thank you, have a good weekend!". For some this can be stupid and unnecessary, but for me... It can make my pizza more enjoyable and it probably makes the pizza guy's ride less stressful. I do that for any service provider. It's one of the little things that makes life less dull.

Anyway, again, thank you all for your support, your kind words and your recognition! I appreciate everything very much, and I'm sure all the team and forum staff does it. Believe me, some of these people really needs some props for their work. Thanks for everything :dryadcry:

PS: Thanks also to all the beta testers, you guys are awesome too :dryadpassionate:

Last edited:
Hey guys, first of all, thank you so much for all the support. Receiving some love and positive messages surely change someone's day for better. It's awesome to see when a community cares about something in common, and I don't say this as a developer, but as a player, an enthusiast. I've been on other forums before and I know how this can be an important part on our daily routine. Being grateful to the staff when they do a good work is particularly meaningful as they usually are doing this just for passion and the satisfaction to see people meeting and bringing ideas together, and nothing else.

As a developer, I can say that I'm grateful to see the all the enthusiasm some of you put into the game. Writing fiction, doing fan arts, making mods, and of course, playing and enjoying the game. Being part of something like this and seeing people caring about it is priceless. The messages are very appreciated, but seeing how you guys love the game is enough to make us feel accomplished.

For the people saying that no one must be grateful to the developers, you are right. No one owe any respects or considerations for any of the developers. And of course, it's even more right to be cynical about it and care about the investment you made, without it the game wouldn't exist as it does. I thank you all for your support too, even if it's not by kind words or euphoric enthusiasm, it isn't less important by any means!

But of course, the world isn't just black and white. You don't need to be grateful, but this doesn't mean that you shouldn't. May look cheesy to say this, but truth is that sometimes even small things like a silly indie game can be important for us somehow. It's not about if you paid or how much you paid, it's about your personal satisfaction and how meaningful this can be for you and for others. Telling someone they are doing a good job when they are doing a good job doesn't hurt. Being nice with people when you don't owe anything isn't a sin, it's called kindness. When I ask for pizza on the Saturday night I always say "thank you for your work, have a good night", the pizza guy smile and answer "thank you, have a good weekend!". For some this can be stupid and unnecessary, but for me... It can make my pizza more enjoyable and it probably makes the pizza guy's ride less stressful. I do that for any service provider. It's one of the little things that makes life less dull.

Anyway, again, thank you all for your support, your kind words and your recognition! I appreciate everything very much, and I'm sure all the team and forum staff does it. Believe me, some of these people really needs some props for their work. Thanks for everything :dryadcry:

PS: Thanks also to all the beta testers, you guys are awesome too :dryadpassionate:

See this bolded text?

That's the kind of :red: that earns respect.

Except Omnir. He is the source of all evil. :p
[DOUBLEPOST=1415817102][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyways, I second that jack1234567890 guy when I say that I have no social skills whatsoever. At least Terraria (and the forums) gives me a way to communicate with people without putting my foot- no, my whole leg, in my mouth.

Most of the time.:p

@Crowno the majesty of your eloquent words is down-right moxious. thanks for translating what so many of us wished we could articulate. i dare say that it could not be spoken better.

i think i shall adopt the motto, when in doubt, Crowno out.

My mere :red: stain of 200 hours is paltry compared to everyone else's, but since I originally bought the game for $2.50........ and then again for friends for $10 when I found out all the expansions and dlc were totally free and I wanted to support Redigit....... I think I got my money's worth. A penny ain't worth much anymore, but 250 of them got me 200 hours of fun. That's some insane payback ratio!

Thanks, Redigit and co. You may have lost your lead spriter to go make a ripoff of your game, the community may have been hostile when you left, but we love you now. I can't honestly say that if you quit Terraria tomorrow, for good, cancelled the next updates, and cancelled the sequel I wouldn't be mad at all. I was one of your most vocal critics in 2011, but I now believe you're the best game dev on this planet today and I pray your next 50 games all are at least half as amazing as Terraria.

Last edited:
With 1.3 just a few days away, I figured now might be a good time to bring this thread back. Thanks again devs for working so hard on 1.3!
Indeed it is!

Not only they worked hard for 1.3, but they are an example to all game developers.
I am not a very involved person in the community (I joined recently) so I can't compliments to each member of the team, but you guys are definitely doing what an ideal game studio should do: you are working for your passion, and providing the game community with a wonderful experience is more important to you than providing yourself with money.
Every aspect of your game must have been thought and rethought 10 times over. You show that you don't have to be a big company to do fabulous things. You're a model to every studio. If I was agame dev, I'd want to be like you.
If all game devs would do at least half of what you do the gaming community would be a 5 times better place.

I'd like to thank me, for putting $10 into the pocket of Redigit. Without my (and more people's) contributions, we wouldn't have Redigit remove his :red: from the couch to hire folks to work on Terraria.

Go consumers!
So did you get off your arse and create an awesome game for my money sugar tits? ;)

I'm with you Korin on not respecting a lot of game developers, I can smell their cash grabs a mile off, I'd go so far as to say most of them are in it for my money. Big game companies are like Hollywood, they have a generic formula for sales and they stick to it.

But I don't think Redigit set out with that intention, I doubt very much that he foresaw over 12 million copies selling, it's clear he wanted to make the game he wanted to play, and unlike the money-grabbers he actually has real talent in game design. Talent that he undersold.

This game has been out for 4 years and has expanded exponentially without a skerrick from Red to capitalize on all the potential for money milking it has - :red: yeah be cynical about the game industry but if we can't appreciate that, what more do we want?

I'd say I got a damn good deal, value for money, a ridiculously generous deal - I can be grateful for that. I can be cynical and hate on any game company you throw at me (sadly, I even despise the companies behind the games I love because of their practices) but I'm hard pressed to find any cause to think the same about Re-Logic so far.

Money aside Korin, can you not appreciate Red's eye for good game design? Especially considering you're familiar with that other guy who doesn't know game design from his own arsehole.

Respect to Redigit for his talent and generosity, respect to Cenx for inspiring him to take it up again, and screw the rest of the team, they're probably on a wage anyway :p

Na, 1.3 looks sick, you're all doing a great job and I haven't given you an extra cent for any of it. So Thank you.

Last edited:
I feel like if I start to type I won't shut up so I'll just some it up super quick:

You guys are the best and deserve a ton of cuddles. :dryadnaughty:

just a quick thanks and a nod to all the devs. from the spriters to the programmers themselves, you guys have made a great game, thanks for your hard work in making this "evil vampire, time sucking, game" (in referemce to the fact that i have lost hours playing it on more than one occasion)

While i may not have an avatar on here (Mainly due to me not knowing if i need to resize my usual one or not but im getting off topic) I have this to say: Thank you so much for these past Six hundred And fourty eight hours. I've had so many experiences with and without my friends that also have the games and none of them were a bad one (Well except for demon eyes but lets just pretend those do not exist right now) I would like to say a LOT more about how thankful i am but im not that great at writing walls of text >m< THANK YOU DEVS!

Best game ever made. Creation of one man molded into a masterpiece by a united supportive enthusiasm of thousands!

Thank you for sticking with the game for so long! :passionate:
:redspin: :redspin: :redspin:

(I used to be an active forums member, but my username and account seem to have lost in transition from the old to the new forums. :( )

So did you get off your arse and create an awesome game for my money sugar tits? ;)

I'm with you Korin on not respecting a lot of game developers, I can smell their cash grabs a mile off, I'd go so far as to say most of them are in it for my money. Big game companies are like Hollywood, they have a generic formula for sales and they stick to it.

But I don't think Redigit set out with that intention, I doubt very much that he foresaw over 12 million copies selling, it's clear he wanted to make the game he wanted to play, and unlike the money-grabbers he actually has real talent in game design. Talent that he undersold.

This game has been out for 4 years and has expanded exponentially without a skerrick from Red to capitalize on all the potential for money milking it has - :red: yeah be cynical about the game industry but if we can't appreciate that, what more do we want?

I'd say I got a damn good deal, value for money, a ridiculously generous deal - I can be grateful for that. I can be cynical and hate on any game company you throw at me (sadly, I even despise the companies behind the games I love because of their practices) but I'm hard pressed to find any cause to think the same about Re-Logic so far.

Money aside Korin, can you not appreciate Red's eye for good game design? Especially considering you're familiar with that other guy who doesn't know game design from his own arsehole.

Respect to Redigit for his talent and generosity, respect to Cenx for inspiring him to take it up again, and screw the rest of the team, they're probably on a wage anyway :p

Na, 1.3 looks sick, you're all doing a great job and I haven't given you an extra cent for any of it. So Thank you.

I've been burned too many times to be giving indie-devs the benefit of the doubt. But yes, I'd love to make games if I could. But my talents lie in cartoons and writing.

I appreciate Red's work by dumping over 300 hours into his creation. I appreciate Red's work by having given him the money I paid for his game. There's praise for good work, and then there's blind adoration without question. That is fanaticism.

I don't NOT appreciate good work when I see/experience it. I'm also allowed to be cynical as hell when the need arises.

Appreciate the developer, yes. But also appreciate the folks buying your product and supporting your financial stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom