A Thread to Express Gratitude to the Devs and Community Managers/Mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Heart

Spazmatism
I want to make a thread for simply thanking those involved in making Terraria and it's community forum so wonderful. I couldn't find a similar thread and thought it would be something the community could give back. I know a ton of us feel very happy and appreciative for all they've given us. It's so easy to forget to let them know and take it for granted that they know. especially with all the 1.3 hype going on. Even though it's so simple a task, it can make a BIG difference to them and their day.

That said, please feel free to tell, show or express your gratitude to the devs and community helpers in your own way. I encourage getting creative with how you do so. If you have a talent or idea that will let you say thanks in a unique or amazing way, go for it! Whether you draw a picture, build something in game, write a song/poem, make a simple and genuine post or whatever other neat ways you think of, let them know!

This isn't a competition and no way of saying thanks is better, or means more, than any other. As long as you genuinely let the Terraria team know how grateful you are, they will appreciate it; regardless of how you go about it. This is intended as a positive thread. If you have something negative to say, please keep it to yourself or take it elsewhere. If anything negative gets posted, I ask that the Mods remove it from this thread. Let's keep things upbeat and about our gratitude for the amazing game and community home we've been given. :dryadsmile:

To the Devs and those that keep our community a fun and safe place, I sincerely thank you. When I look back at all the games, and their respective communities/dev teams i've encountered, you guys truly stand out to me. You guys have consistently and thoroughly shown that you care, listen, love us, are talented and are more outstanding than i could ask for. For that, i respect and love you guys. You've more than earned your place as my favorite dev/community team ever! I'll happily stand up for you guys and support you as much as i can. Terraria blew my mind when I played it for the first time. "You had me at hello", so to speak. I didn't expect anything more and thought I got more than my monies worth. You proceeded to update Terraria and blew my mind each time you added new things. 1.2 felt like a brand new game and had the same adventurous, mysterious and new journey feel i had when i first played Terraria. I believe 1.3 will do that as well. It's one of my favorite games of all time and will always be so.

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!! From the bottom of my heart, thank you for everything you've done, do and will do. Props to you all.

P.S. Thanks to anypony who has helped keep this a great community via: suggestions that made it into the game/TO/TCF, constructively gave input/criticism that helped progression and promote new/improved ideas, did/made something amazing and shared it with us, picked up somepony when they were down or any other act that helped make the game and community the great place it is today.

Love and appreciate you all. :dryadpassionate:

Edit* Devalaous made a post that gave some great insight into various things that the Terraria team has done. I think it's worth reading, if you'd like to learn a little more about them.
Devalaous, thank you for this interesting and helpful information. :dryadhappy:

"Okay, lets post that thing I said I would. I've talked to pretty much everyone on the Re-Logic and TCF staff to varying degress in a few places, so I have a bit more insight than the average joe, but here goes:

@Redigit: First and foremost, thanks for actually making this game to begin with, you must be overwhelmed with how popular it became, and I definitely dont envy your celebrity status. A lot of people seem to misunderstand you, which is unfortunate, your nowhere near as imposing and unapproachable as some people think. And of course, your probably the best CEO out there, whoever heard of a CEO that lets people photoshop their face onto pretty much everything in existence!? Keep up the good work man, and keep your company in that perpetual state of Awesome :)

@Cenx: Terraria wouldnt be where it is today without you, and your one of the most pivotal parts of the entire community, always posting new and cool things to keep the hype train rolling, and never above getting involved with the community despite the constant bombardment on your profile page and various inboxes from excited fans. I wonder if you too, ever expected to be famous like this. I also have to thank you personally for being okay with me putting you in my Sims 3 game, along with Sparky, your sim's antics are a vital part of the stories that go on there.

@Yoraiz0r and @@Skiphs: As the newest guys, its a bit difficult to write much, but youve both done so much work, stabilising the game, making the site, endless bugfixing and putting up with Red's demands, and that fool Omnir's existence. While us public wont really know the full extent of what you really do, I appreciate it all the same.

@D-Town: As one of the team thats forgotten about the most, its pretty essential to have you here :p In a world where "business" means doing hundreds of evil things to make a dollar, its pretty awesome that the equivalent for Re-Logic is a hilarious guy like you that doesn't shy away from getting involved with any old member's antics and will be there in the thick of them making jokes, reading stories, and what not.

@Crowno, @@Lazure and @@Jimmarn: As the artists and spriters of the team, your easily one of the most important parts of the team; you guys give the game life and much of the game we see everytime we play is your combined work. Spriters have a habit of coming and going, but I hope all three of you are around a long while yet. Your also all easy to talk to when not busy on something, which is nice :p (And guys, please stop assuming Lazure is a woman, the avatar isnt THAT much of a throw-off is it? :p)

@Loki: Oh man where do I even begin with you. Shortly after joining the TO community I quickly noticed your moderation skills, a very rare thing in a world where most people given power over others over the internet become robotic banmachines or corrupt powermongers, and found you were probably the most instantly respectable moderator, pretty much ever, and it didnt surprise me at all to see you promoted here on TCF with a much bigger role, you always felt like the defacto leader on TO, so it was great to see it officially recognised. Your also awesome when not actively working, I consider you a friend here and can talk to you about anything on my mind, freely, which is similarly a rare thing, given many of the disasters in my life.

@Tunnel King, @@Jeckel, @@Nike Leon, @@Kelp, @@Blu, @@Charmander27 and @@Leinfors: As the moderating team, you all come under fire the most, and are always going to be the love/hate relationship of TCF, and its understandable. Not all of you are easy to talk to or relate to, and its not always easy to seperate the "policeman" stigma from the real person underneath, but you all do a great job, pretty much the only team of moderators in existence that I approve of. Nobody else on any site ive been on, minus ONE guy on Doomworld, gets it "right" like you all do.

Special mentions:
@Solsund: While no longer on the team, like a lot of people here and on TO, I considered you my personal favourite developer. Ive said this a lot, I know, but its worth repeating. As a new guy who was previously a modder with heavy community ties, you and Yorai were approachable, would readily talk to the community without being swamped by fans and spoiler requests like Red and Cenx would, and always had the most fascinating random trivia to share with people who were willing to listen, like the light banding effect when light goes through a single block. And lets not forget all those optimisations you brought us all :p

@MrRudi: While not actually Re-Logic, I owe this guy a LOT. I joined TO entirely to report console version bugs after lurking and being amazed a developer was right there in the middle of the players getting feedback and bug reports, something that you generally just DONT see. While not all of the things I reported were bugs (I was relatively new to testing things still), you took one suggestion seriously and its in all console versions now, much to my continual amazement. Not only did that kick my confidence into gear making me a lot better at my Doom mod testing, where im now a project leader for two mods, I also stuck around TO mainly because of you. So your to blame for my continued presecence on TCF, hahaha!".

Last edited:
I really can't begin to express my gradtitude. For me it started as "oh this is a minecraft rip-off" when I first saw it. I watched my friend play it on console and gradually got interested. At one point I asked if I could play and got my first taste of Terraria. I decided to buy it for pc on steam and decided to play for a week (pre-1.2) and I had forgotten about it for 3 weeks. When I got back to Terraria it was 1.2.0.3 and I had full on decided to dedicate myself to this game (like not forget about it). I love every moment I've had on Terraria (even the unlucky ones).

This thread is full of win.

Showing your appreciation is the best way to keep the development team going. I'm going to recommend this thread be stickied to the front page.

Thank you Re-Logic!
i agree. it's amazing how much better you can feel when you know you've made a difference in others lives.

that would be amazing if this thread got stickied. i'd like to get as many community members as possible to share/say their thanks. i would love to see this thread overflow with support for the devs and community mods. it would be really neat to cause their jaws to drop in awe, from seeing a plethora of thanks.

I just noticed that i made a typo in the title. I put in a request to get it fixed.

Last edited:
Very much appreciate the kind words. It's a team - and community - effort, and a lot of things are behind the scenes and will never be overtly seen.

Ultimately, we - the TCF staff and dev team itself - are here for and because of you all. We do all that we can to be acutely aware of this as our "true North" in all that we do.

That said, we aren't perfect - so never hesitate to reach out in private or public (in the feedback section, to respect the intent of this thread) with ideas or feedback.

Cheers and thanks to ALL of you for your support and for all you do to make this community what it is. :D

TLDR... just came to hit the like button. Thanks for your time those involved with my fav game! (short and sweet)

Okay, lets post that thing I said I would. I've talked to pretty much everyone on the Re-Logic and TCF staff to varying degress in a few places, so I have a bit more insight than the average joe, but here goes:

@Redigit: First and foremost, thanks for actually making this game to begin with, you must be overwhelmed with how popular it became, and I definitely dont envy your celebrity status. A lot of people seem to misunderstand you, which is unfortunate, your nowhere near as imposing and unapproachable as some people think. And of course, your probably the best CEO out there, whoever heard of a CEO that lets people photoshop their face onto pretty much everything in existence!? Keep up the good work man, and keep your company in that perpetual state of Awesome :)

@Cenx: Terraria wouldnt be where it is today without you, and your one of the most pivotal parts of the entire community, always posting new and cool things to keep the hype train rolling, and never above getting involved with the community despite the constant bombardment on your profile page and various inboxes from excited fans. I wonder if you too, ever expected to be famous like this. I also have to thank you personally for being okay with me putting you in my Sims 3 game, along with Sparky, your sim's antics are a vital part of the stories that go on there.

@Yoraiz0r and @Skiphs: As the newest guys, its a bit difficult to write much, but youve both done so much work, stabilising the game, making the site, endless bugfixing and putting up with Red's demands, and that fool Omnir's existence. While us public wont really know the full extent of what you really do, I appreciate it all the same.

@D-Town: As one of the team thats forgotten about the most, its pretty essential to have you here :p In a world where "business" means doing hundreds of evil things to make a dollar, its pretty awesome that the equivalent for Re-Logic is a hilarious guy like you that doesn't shy away from getting involved with any old member's antics and will be there in the thick of them making jokes, reading stories, and what not.

@Crowno, @Lazure and @Jimmarn: As the artists and spriters of the team, your easily one of the most important parts of the team; you guys give the game life and much of the game we see everytime we play is your combined work. Spriters have a habit of coming and going, but I hope all three of you are around a long while yet. Your also all easy to talk to when not busy on something, which is nice :p (And guys, please stop assuming Lazure is a woman, the avatar isnt THAT much of a throw-off is it? :p)

@Loki: Oh man where do I even begin with you. Shortly after joining the TO community I quickly noticed your moderation skills, a very rare thing in a world where most people given power over others over the internet become robotic banmachines or corrupt powermongers, and found you were probably the most instantly respectable moderator, pretty much ever, and it didnt surprise me at all to see you promoted here on TCF with a much bigger role, you always felt like the defacto leader on TO, so it was great to see it officially recognised. Your also awesome when not actively working, I consider you a friend here and can talk to you about anything on my mind, freely, which is similarly a rare thing, given many of the disasters in my life.

@Tunnel King, @Jeckel, @Nike Leon, @Kelp, @Blu, @Charmander27 and @Leinfors: As the moderating team, you all come under fire the most, and are always going to be the love/hate relationship of TCF, and its understandable. Not all of you are easy to talk to or relate to, and its not always easy to seperate the "policeman" stigma from the real person underneath, but you all do a great job, pretty much the only team of moderators in existence that I approve of. Nobody else on any site ive been on, minus ONE guy on Doomworld, gets it "right" like you all do.

Special mentions:
@Solsund: While no longer on the team, like a lot of people here and on TO, I considered you my personal favourite developer. Ive said this a lot, I know, but its worth repeating. As a new guy who was previously a modder with heavy community ties, you and Yorai were approachable, would readily talk to the community without being swamped by fans and spoiler requests like Red and Cenx would, and always had the most fascinating random trivia to share with people who were willing to listen, like the light banding effect when light goes through a single block. And lets not forget all those optimisations you brought us all :p

@MrRudi: While not actually Re-Logic, I owe this guy a LOT. I joined TO entirely to report console version bugs after lurking and being amazed a developer was right there in the middle of the players getting feedback and bug reports, something that you generally just DONT see. While not all of the things I reported were bugs (I was relatively new to testing things still), you took one suggestion seriously and its in all console versions now, much to my continual amazement. Not only did that kick my confidence into gear making me a lot better at my Doom mod testing, where im now a project leader for two mods, I also stuck around TO mainly because of you. So your to blame for my continued presecence on TCF, hahaha!

Last edited:
@Devalaous thank you for taking the time to make such a personal and touching post. it also adds the touch of familiarity to the thread that helps less active and more shy community members get to know the TCF staff better. I don't know if it's appropriate or not but, would it be reasonable and rule abiding to add it to the original post? or is it possible to sticky it to just under the original post? i think it would be good for community members to know about some of this history you shared of the team. those who like reading a lot would probably really like it.

i found myself out of breath and in tears with the thread of making memes and pictures with redigit's face. i think that thread really helped show members that he doesn't hold himself on a pedestal or think he's above us. and an example of cenx getting involved, and even instigating shenanigans and really being one of us; was the duke fishron (i believe) thread where she whipped up a storm with a single post about "sharknado"s. that one silly, yet clever; post turned that into one of the most memorable and exciting threads i've ever read on ANY forum.

there is just one part of your post that i request you tweak. seeing as all those who read this thread don't have context or knowledge about omnir, and his doings; i think your statement "putting up with that fool omnir's existence", could be misunderstood and be taken negatively. would you mind giving context in ()'s, or somehow; that it's in good fun?

Thank you, Re-Logic, for allowing me to partake in the one game that has influenced me the most. Definitely putting the terraria calendar into my portfolio, lel.

@Suweeka, I absolutely love your interpretation of the Terraria universe! Your unique ability and devotion to the game/community is truly awesome! :dryadgrin:

@Devalaous, thanks for the kind words! I really appreciate all that you've contributed on so many levels. You're the bomb diggedy, yo. :cool:

I can't post on this thread without thanking @Redigit and @Cenx too! You two are the best, and I couldn't be more blessed to work for/with you both! Also, much love to the programmers, artists, community peeps, and testers. Everyone on the team has contributed so much to make the game what it is today and what it's becoming! I could go on and on about about everyone individually, but I'm not great at this wall of text stuff, so I'll stop while I'm ahead. :joy:

Terraria is the best game I ever have and ever will play. The people involved are extremely great as well. It's impossible to put into words how amazing the community and the developers/staff is, so I'll just leave you with that. :p

I think that sums it up. :happy:

@Devalaous thank you for taking the time to make such a personal and touching post. it also adds the touch of familiarity to the thread that helps less active and more shy community members get to know the TCF staff better. I don't know if it's appropriate or not but, would it be reasonable and rule abiding to add it to the original post? or is it possible to sticky it to just under the original post? i think it would be good for community members to know about some of this history you shared of the team. those who like reading a lot would probably really like it.

i found myself out of breath and in tears with the thread of making memes and pictures with redigit's face. i think that thread really helped show members that he doesn't hold himself on a pedestal or think he's above us. and an example of cenx getting involved, and even instigating shenanigans and really being one of us; was the duke fishron (i believe) thread where she whipped up a storm with a single post about "sharknado"s. that one silly, yet clever; post turned that into one of the most memorable and exciting threads i've ever read on ANY forum.

there is just one part of your post that i request you tweak. seeing as all those who read this thread don't have context or knowledge about omnir, and his doings; i think your statement "putting up with that fool omnir's existence", could be misunderstood and be taken negatively. would you mind giving context in ()'s, or somehow; that it's in good fun?

Sure, this is the intention of my thread that I was going to create. Stuff happened that made me too busy to finish it, so it kind of fell by the side of the road till now. I wanted people to realise that celebrity or not, they are all real people like us. When people are afraid of Crowno and D-Town of all people, you kind of want to let people know they arent people to feel intimidated by.

The Omnir thing is a reference to the #blameomnir thing, Omnir is a tester so he works with Re-Logic, Cenx has used the #blameomnir joke herself so its spread to them too :p

A bit too ill to make too long of a post, but TO is one of the first online communities I really got involved with, so I always felt a personal attachment to it. I liked how involved the devs felt with the game, particularly after Miss Cenx came along those years ago. I enjoyed the time I spent on TO, even if unfortunate events and issues led me to leaving it in the last year. I'm particularly glad that development was picked back up, as it would have been very easy to consider it a finished game, especially at a price much lower than the "standard." And with sales easily, and often, getting as low as $2.50, it says a lot about how much the devs care about the game and put into it. It could just as easily have been slapped with a "finished" tag and everyone just moves on from it. That being said, I'm glad we have a new forum to better represent the game, it seems deserved. A lot of issues I had were with aptly-named Curse itself, and scary security concerns.

That being said, seeing as how the game got...I wouldn't say "Revived," since it never really died, but clearly new life was breathed back into it. The new forums, I feel, also breathed new life into the community, and reminded me of the old TO, before things became iffy and bumpy. Yeah, I'ma pull the "old TO" and be "one of those people." As far as the forum staff goes, I appreciate all the work they put into it. It's a thankless job at times, and one that's not always rewarding. One that can even lead to you being harassed simply for doing what's right, by people who think what you're doing is wrong. Or even when you make a mistake and try to fix it. It takes a special kind of person to willingly put themselves "in the line of fire" so to speak. Where you might be hated / harassed simply because it's your duty to stop the hate-spewing and harassment from taking place. Investing yourselves into a situation you have no stock in, just to try and remedy it for both sides. Sometimes that side doesn't want to compromise, or settle it amicably, and the staff's involvement could just anger them further. So yeah, it's definitely a thankless job at times, but I feel it's one of those jobs that deserves the most appreciation. Considering it's all volunteer work, too.

And I'm very familiar with most of the forum staff as it is, even on TO, and I think they're great candidates for kicking off this new, revamped, community. Loki and Jeckel have always been so eloquent in getting their points across, Kelp's always friendly to me and a good guy to talk to about things, Blu always seemed pretty eager to come to a compromise. All great people to have for the staff, as are the rest, who I'm not as familiar with. Anyone can make a community but it takes a bit of intelligence to make a good one, and I'm pretty pleased with how this community is so far, and I've seen some :red:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom