A TON of weapons tested against Empress of Light

I've gotten a lot better at whip stacking since I last did these tests. I've added whip stack times for each minion, WS means kaleidiscope, dark harvest and durendel were used. FWS means firecracker, dark harvest, and durendel were used.

Doesn't really make sense for Sanguine + K performing worse than Blade + K, but Sanguine + WS somehow being 3 seconds faster than Blade + WS.

Doesn't really make sense for Sanguine + K performing worse than Blade + K, but Sanguine + WS somehow being 3 seconds faster than Blade + WS.
that does seem odd, might just be rng, I can do the average of more tests.

Here's some mores tests. It seems on average whip stacking helps blade staff a bit more.
Also did some more raven vs xeno tests... the minions seem to before about the same on average.
1626382686802.png

Last edited:
Some observations:
–strangely enough, I can't finish the fight in less than 60 seconds on Master with the Eye of cthulhu. Same for Snowman Cannon + Nuke 1.
– Sky Dragons Fury finishes in 44-46 seconds in the same circumstances
– how does Elf Melter beat Stynger? Elf was pretty bad in my recent playthrough in this bossfight, 2 min 25 seconds in the Hallowed build
Stynger isnt great too, 1 min 56 sec, but is at least better

Last edited:
Some observations:
–strangely enough, I can't finish the fight in less than 60 seconds on Master with the Eye of cthulhu. Same fof Snowman Cannon + Nuke 1.
Build?

– how does Elf Melter beat Stynger? Elf was pretty bad in my recent playthrough in this bossfight, 2 min 25 seconds in the Hallowed build
Stynger isnt great, 1 min 56 sec, but is at least better
Elf melter has a bit higher base dps 360 vs 338. Hitting empress with either weapon was not an issue.

Build?

Elf melter has a bit higher base dps 360 vs 338. Hitting empress with either weapon was not an issue.
Stynger's shraphnel does additional damage (does not interfere with direct shots on the same target) , which is enough to overtake Elf Melter, even if a lot of it misses

Melee build is the same as listed here, but avenger emblem is replaced by yoyo bag for the EoC, and with Worm Scarf for other weapons. the 7th slot is for the Frozen shield, all Menacing.

48 for Sky Dragons Fury
59 seconds average for the EoC
67 for Seedler

Resuls vary of course, because of different game modes, but the EoC is the best here (by quite a lot!) , while for me it is very marginally better than Seedler and is clearly beaten by Sky Dragons Fury

Stynger's shraphnel does additional damage (does not interfere with direct shots on the same target) , which is enough to overtake Elf Melter, even if a lot of it misses
1628435618416.png

Tested both weapons on master mode a few times.
Used admantite mask/shroomite helmet, red riding dress and legs,
Destroyer emblem, ranger emblem, celestial shell, both scopes, worm scarf, and frozen shield.
3 raven minions.

Melee build is the same as listed here, but avenger emblem is replaced by yoyo bag for the EoC, and with Worm Scarf for other weapons. the 7th slot is for the Frozen shield, all Menacing.

48 for Sky Dragons Fury
59 seconds average for the EoC
67 for Seedler

Resuls vary of course, because of different game modes, but the EoC is the best here (by quite a lot!) , while for me it is very marginally better than Seedler and is clearly beaten by Sky Dragons Fury
1628435753763.png

Master mode, used all accesories you described. In the (No Bag) EoC tests I used worm scarf in the yoyo bag's place, so same number of dps accesories as in the other melee tests.

Hybrid build swapped out monk shirt for spooky plate. Warrior emblem and mech glove for papyrus scarab and necro scroll.

All dps accesories build is the same as hybrid but worm scarf and frozen shield were replaced with avenger emblem and mech glove, EoC was used as main weapon.

Ok so it seems elf melter and stynger perform roughly the same.

Interesting that melee speed would boost SDF, even though it fires more projectiles the static projectiles shouldn't be hitting any faster. Do the initial flying projectiles land a hit before transforming?
Initial projectiles deal damage (same for Electrosphere launcher) and do not conflict with trensformed projectiles.
The fire rate from beetle scale mail increases the fire rate of them (possibly try Dark Harvest?)

Back
Top Bottom