A troubling thought of naming

RustlessAxe

Terrarian
"Master Bait" Say it quickly. I'm not sure whether this is a childish joke or a legit accident.
But Terraria is becoming quite a kids game now, and I don't think that is appropriate...
I think that a name change should be made in an upcoming update.

There are several dirty references within the game. Here are a few other examples
  • Mourning Wood
  • Golden Shower
  • Nurse Quote: "I don't give happy endings"
Master Bait is also a reference the Medieval guild system in Europe. The first stage is Apprentice (Apprentice Bait), then Journyman (Journyman Bait), and finally Master (Master Bait). For younger children, these jokes will go over their heads. This applies with cartoons such as SpongeBob and Adventure Time. These jokes are put in these shows to keep the adults, who are possibly watching with their children somewhat entertained as well.

Terraria is rated T for Teens by the ESRB, I don't know where you got the impressions that it was turning into a child's game more so. In due part to that, they are able to get away with little innuendos due to that.

As noted as well, this isn't the first time something like this has been added to the game.
Exactly. I think these innuendos are on the same level as the gore and alcohol that ESRB rated this game for.

Terraria is rated T for Teens by the ESRB, I don't know where you got the impressions that it was turning into a child's game more so. In due part to that, they are able to get away with little innuendos due to that.

As noted as well, this isn't the first time something like this has been added to the game.

You are aware toys exist for Terraria, right? I'm pretty sure those weren't aimed at teenagers, and the developers aren't stupid enough to waste money on something like that unless there was a large young fanbase.

You are aware toys exist for Terraria, right? I'm pretty sure those weren't aimed at teenagers, and the developers aren't stupid enough to waste money on something like that unless there was a large young fanbase.
Toys in the form of Megablocks exist for Halo, what's your point? Does this mean Halo is aimed at a younger audience?

Anything concerning merchandise or media that stems from a core source doesn't mean it necessarily is still aimed at one selective group.

The toys were a stupid decision in my "opinion". Just seemed like a money grab. But your delicate sensibilities need to be left in a gutter somewhere. Censoring everything and being prude only hurts you and when something serious comes up you aren't going to be able to deal with it. Its a joke. A :red:ing stupid joke but a joke.

Plus kids are already spewing "profanity" in games they shouldn't be allowed to play in the first place. I think they can handle some basic toilet humor.

And they first made them as a collectors series, but then they started making them more as toys. Why? Because the massive army of kids playing Halo all bought them.
Halo is rated M. Why don't you go focus on kids playing a game like that before Terraria? You even said yourself that there was a massive army of kids playing it. Why don't you go after that game instead? And I agree wholeheartedly with most of the points here.

There are way worse things to add to the game than Master Bait or Golden Shower. Terraria is, at its core, a deeply disturbing game when you think about it. You're fighting a giant eyeball, then you're traipsing through either literal dead land or meat moss that may or may not be Cthulhu's corpse, fighting either a giant worm of death or a giant flying brain with a heart with an eyeball in it, and fighting a giant skeleton, going to literal Hell and fighting a literal wall of flesh... And not necessarily in that order, mind you. Kids'll be too scarred by the horrors this game shows than a few slightly dirty and easily missable innuendo.
By the way, anyone else notice that the female NPCs are rather angry and irritable during the Blood Moon?

If we're cataloguing references, don't forget one of the Dryad's names. :dryadwink:

Edit: I'm referring to the possible name Isis. A reference to the Egyptian goddess, I'm sure. It's taken on a different meaning now.

Another edit: The method of summoning WoF is also a bit unsavoury (for lack of a better phrase). Similarly if you want to refight Skeletron.

Last edited:
There are way worse things to add to the game than Master Bait or Golden Shower. Terraria is, at its core, a deeply disturbing game when you think about it. You're fighting a giant eyeball, then you're traipsing through either literal dead land or meat moss that may or may not be Cthulhu's corpse, fighting either a giant worm of death or a giant flying brain with a heart with an eyeball in it, and fighting a giant skeleton, going to literal Hell and fighting a literal wall of flesh... And not necessarily in that order, mind you. Kids'll be too scarred by the horrors this game shows than a few slightly dirty and easily missable innuendo.
By the way, anyone else notice that the female NPCs are rather angry and irritable during the Blood Moon?
I'd imaging that some kid who unwittingly summoned moon lord might have gotten nightmares that night because of how realistic it is. The way it is summoned might scare someone who was not expecting it.
I did notice how rude some of them were. The nurse and the mechanic are exceptionally rude during the blood moon.
If we're cataloguing references, don't forget one of the Dryad's names. :dryadwink:

Edit: I'm referring to the possible name Isis. A reference to the Egyptian goddess, I'm sure. It's taken on a different meaning now.

Another edit: The method of summoning WoF is also a bit unsavoury (for lack of a better phrase). Similarly if you want to refight Skeletron.
The party girl has that name as well.
Summoning queen be can bee considered "unsavory" to some as well.

Daesh can die in a fire for ruining a perfectly good name. Calling them ISIS only validates their claim as an islamic state. That aside, ever notice the giant skull lurking in the background of the aboveground Crimson? Also, notice how you can only get Ichor in the hardmode crimson? Pretty sure that means the Crimson is Cthulhu's corpse trying to either regenerate itself through the land or terraform the world into itself. Pretty disturbing, eh?

Daesh can die in a fire for ruining a perfectly good name. Calling them ISIS only validates their claim as an islamic state. That aside, ever notice the giant skull lurking in the background of the aboveground Crimson? Also, notice how you can only get Ichor in the hardmode crimson? Pretty sure that means the Crimson is Cthulhu's corpse trying to either regenerate itself through the land or terraform the world into itself. Pretty disturbing, eh?
That actually sounds really cool to me, I haven't heard that theory before.

Back
Top Bottom