Weapons & Equip A tweak to pumpkin armor, the solution to a lack of pre-hardmode summoner gear

summoner tweak.png

I believe these tweaks would fill the gap that many players yearn to be filled, as summoners currently only have 1 armor set, the lowest of any armor sets pre-hardmode.

"pumpkins are only available during Halloween!"
nope, the dryad sells them, so this set would be post-eye of Cthulhu.

"shadow scales/tissue samples seems a bit random"
they're in the crafting recipe to make them post brain of Cthulhu/eater of worlds.

"but ranger only has 1 armor set, why should summoners get 2?"
rangers have 2, the fossil set and the necro armor set, summoners currently have the least armor sets pre-hardmode, hence the need for another early game one.

Remove the shadow scales, it doesn't need to be post-EoW

considering (ideally) the pumpkin tank would do more damage than finch staff/slime staff, it would make those two obsolete if they were in the same class, thats the reason i decided to make them post EoW, the pumpkin tank would be between the tiers of early game and pre-queen bee ideally, just as something to carry players through that gap

considering (ideally) the pumpkin tank would do more damage than finch staff/slime staff, it would make those two obsolete if they were in the same class, thats the reason i decided to make them post EoW, the pumpkin tank would be between the tiers of early game and pre-queen bee ideally, just as something to carry players through that gap
I dont think the pumpkin tank really fits the theme. It would be better with just the armor.

considering (ideally) the pumpkin tank would do more damage than finch staff/slime staff, it would make those two obsolete if they were in the same class,

One of them is a Wooden Chest item, which are supposed to be terrible and outclassed by everything out there. The second is such a rare item that it's considered an easter egg/trophy by the developers instead of an actual weapon meant for progression. Not to mention that, outside of Halloween, this would be a Post EoC item without the Shadow Scales, so it makes sense that it outclasses those two.

There would be no balance issue with making this Post EoC.

Last edited:
I like this. The pumpkin armour would be a good summoner armour. Considering that you need to kill a boss for the dryad to move in, I think it should be fairly powerful too. Although you could change shadow scales for the Evil ore bars instead so the armour could be used after defeating the Eye of Cthulhu.
I also think that the Pharaoh set should be a summoner armour

Back
Top Bottom