A unprepared hard mode start (advice?)

Stoovan

Skeletron Prime
So lemme give you a picture of what's going down.

So I started hard mode with like very few crates, a summoner emblem (even though I have one summoner weapon and I don't plan on being a summoner.) and no hellivators to protect my biomes. With all that being said, I have a good basic gist of what to do like breaking alters, mining the new hard mode ores and getting better armor and stuff. But what do I do to make this unprepared and somewhat unlucky start to hard mode go smoothly? Like, should I start worrying about what class I need to be? And if that's the case, what class is best?

tl;dr I had a bad start in hard mode and I'd appreciate the support and advice to help make it go smoothly. Since I'm still technically a noob to hard mode.

Edit: thank you all for the support! I've ben able to get some good progress now and things are running smoothly!

Last edited:
you can go fishing for crates! if that is your thing.
if not,smash some demon alters and unleash some new ores which can be: paladium or cobalt | mythril or orichalcum | and adamantide or titanium
(to destroy these demon altars you theres an item that drops from the wall of flesh calles the pawnhammer)

you can go fishing for crates! if that is your thing.
if not,smash some demon alters and unleash some new ores which can be: paladium or cobalt | mythril or orichalcum | and adamantide or titanium
(to destroy these demon altars you theres an item that drops from the wall of flesh calles the pawnhammer)
for classes i recommend either Warrior or Ranger

I would´t worry too much and just keep playing normally, focusing on the next task ahead (which probably is improving armor as much as possible in your case). I wouldn't even commit to a particular class, just use the strategy that works best for a particular boss. Destroyer for instance, can be absolutely wrecked by using a Nimbus Rod. Just sit on a platform high above ground so that Destroyer doesn't reach you easily, then let the Nimbus Rod rain on Destroyer while you are avoiding and killing probes with a melee weapon.

Back
Top Bottom