Game Mechanics A Very Simple Alternative to Current Stat Increases in Master Mode

Mythical Golden Bunny

Empress of Light
So it's confirmed Master Mode is pretty much stat increases. I'm preeetty find with that since I like Expert mode myself. Although, at the moment it seems like Master Mode is planned to add to the defensive stats of mobs as well as offensive ones. While that does sort of make it harder in a sense, it could also bloat the gameplay up in a bit. After all things do take longer to defeat but that doesn't add as much challenge as it does prolong fights against individual smaller mobs.

How about instead of say, a 3* increase (from normal mode) to both damage and defense in Master Mode, there's a 4*-5* increase to damage and Expert Mode defensive values are left unchanged? I personally feel like this solution would add even more extra zest for those die-hard players but it wouldn't necessarily take as long if you'd be able to do it in the first place. Though perhaps as a compromise, the bosses and minibosses get the initial 3* Master Mode decrease since the endurance factor is much more important than say, your average Purple Slime or Skeleton.

So yeah. I hope I managed to bring out my thoughts in a manner that's easy to read and easy to understand and all that. `:sigh:

4x is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. To put it into perspective, all of Moon Lord's attacks will do at least 240 damage. That'd only leave room for ~3 shots (including end-game defense!) or the player will be defeated. This can be applied to pretty much most other enemies in the game.

I just can't support Master Mode and how it currently is planned. Boosting stats to astronomical proportions is just a lazy way to call something difficult, especially in this kind of game. There's so many other possibilities to increase difficulty, but Master Mode only seems like it is interested in making mistakes overly-chastising. Might as well call it Master Cheese Mode, because that's what most players are going to do.

Back
Top Bottom