Biomes & Nature A way to get the fairies/fallen logs back (without world editing)

k9wazere

Terrarian
On my last playthrough, I finally consulted the wiki section on fairies. It had always intrigued me how they appear in early game but disappear by mid-game.

Now I know the trigger, it saddens me that there is no way to get them back, after you purge them from a world.

Would be nice if you could either a) craft new homes for them or b) there was a random chance to create new ones, with or without player interaction. Appreciate this might require some thought for highly developed/built up worlds.

But it's just sad that - without consulting the wiki - you literally have no indication that you are killing them off, permanently.

I had no idea about this mechanic until you pointed it out to me, just gave the wiki a read. It would seem that they can spawn if you seek them out in Hardmode by shaking Hallow trees. Maybe the intention is a secret-of-the-kells Aisling kind of idea, where when you're young the fairy seeks you out, and when you grow old you must seek the fairy out?

Last edited:
I had no idea about this mechanic until you pointed it out to me, just gave the wiki a read. It would seem that they can spawn if you seek them out in Hardmode by shaking Hallow trees. Maybe the intention is a secret-of-the-kells Aisling kind of idea, where when you're young the fairy seeks you out, and when you grow old you must seek the fairy out?
However they will no longer spawn underground, and lead you to treasure. If you don't accidentally purge them from a world, they are a regular occurrence underground.

For 1.4.4 I'll roll a new world, new chars, and secure all the logs in meteor-proof bunkers :p

Just a shame that all my existing worlds have been fairy-purged, without even knowing I what I was doing. And (as said) doubly-shame that they can't be brought back, by building them a new home, or something.

Back
Top Bottom