Game Mechanics A way to melt / freeze ice

Aiken

Terrarian
I think it would make sense to have a simple vanilla mechanic for freezing water into ice. This would make ice a renewable resource, which could be useful if you need to get large amounts of ice. Currently, the only renewable way to get resources for a snow biome is to fight the frost legion, which is not only extremely slow but requires you to be in later hardmode. I think it's actually weird that this isn't already a mechanic, considering the ice machine crafting station explicitly shows the animation of water being frozen into ice. The way it works would be pretty simple - placing water on an ice machine will make the water dissappear and pop out as an ice block item. It would be similar to how an extractinator works. As for melting ice it would be a simple crafting recipe - ice + bucket at a furnace = water bucket

Currently, the only renewable way to get resources for a snow biome is to fight the frost legion, which is not only extremely slow but requires you to be in later hardmode.
For clarification - frost legion enemies throw snow blocks as projectiles, and they also drop snow blocks when killed

Hang on, would this also activate when the ice machine is submerged? That could have potential with wiring mechanisms.

honestly it might be more efficient to just make water part of the crafting recipe for said ice and snow but then again why you do need a renewable source of ice its so abundant and water too that liquid is basically infinite even if you somehow exhaust it there is a bottomless water bucket.

To piggyback on your suggestion, would be nice to be able to turn water to stone via "adding of cement" - it's pretty much a similar mechanic; turning liquid to solid.

I recommend doing it via a concrete solution.

The reason I want it is to remove the tedium of building large solid walls/blocks. I rather just pour water into an outline of the wall and turn it solid.

Back
Top Bottom