Other A way to stop meteors spawning forever

Someone remarked to me about meteors being unnecessary and unwanted at high levels, and it's just occurred to me that I'd like a way to permanently stop them spawning. I had the idea of building a satellite or something that disables meteors, the idea being that it disintegrates them before they can land on your world. (Not really, but as far as playing pretend goes....)

I've no idea how this might work or if it is even worth consideration, but I thought I'd share my idea. I get that part of the point of meteors is that they endanger your builds outside town, but I do think that with all this Martian tech and stuff, there ought to finally be a way to get rid of this pesky feature. :B Thanks for your time.

Chests prevent meteors form spawning 25 tiles away, and if a certain number of meteorite exists above 0 depth (400 for small, 600 for medium, 800 for large worlds), then none will spawn. If you choose, you can spread those blocks apart so no meteor heads spawn, and you could also put them at the top of the world so they don't get in the way.

Yes but for big buildings that are larger than 25 tiles you can't just have chests scattered throughout the building. I'd really love an item that stops things from spawning, maybe not entirely but like in a larger area than chests.

Yes but for big buildings that are larger than 25 tiles you can't just have chests scattered throughout the building. I'd really love an item that stops things from spawning, maybe not entirely but like in a larger area than chests.
Like I said, you can place a certain number of meteorite above 0 depth (400, 600, or 800, depending on world size) and they will be unable to spawn. All you need is an area to put them.

Like I said, you can place a certain number of meteorite above 0 depth (400, 600, or 800, depending on world size) and they will be unable to spawn. All you need is an area to put them.

But what if I still want meteorites to spawn? Which I do because I'm building stuff with meteorite brick and even if I didn't want them spawning anymore i have no more meteorite left.
I still want meteorites spawning I just don't want them spawning on houses and I don't like scattering chests all over the place, because to be honest a chest every 50 blocks looks weird.

But what if I still want meteorites to spawn? Which I do because I'm building stuff with meteorite brick and even if I didn't want them spawning anymore i have no more meteorite left.
I still want meteorites spawning I just don't want them spawning on houses and I don't like scattering chests all over the place, because to be honest a chest every 50 blocks looks weird.
Meteor heads drop meteorite before hardmode. Just make an artificial biome to farm them. Or have a skybridge at the top of the world with chests on it.

Yep, I would like a better method of preventing meteors than simply placing chests in every spot I want to protect. Many of my structures would look very strange with that addition.

Meteor heads drop meteorite before hardmode. Just make an artificial biome to farm them. Or have a skybridge at the top of the world with chests on it.
Before hardmode, so they won't drop meteorite once I'm in hardmode? Even if they did, they only have a 2% drop rate and no thank you.
Let's face it, sure there are already... make shift ways of dealing with meteorites but it would't hurt to have a proper solution for them.

There can be only a certain amount a meteorite ore present in the world. After that amount is reached meteorites won't fall anymore.

Too bad they scar my landscape in a way I find utterly unacceptable. :|

edit: I mean, I can finagle some way to make it presentable, or put it out of sight. But that's a good thing to know, anyway; thank you.

I would prefer the meteorites Appear as a half sphere of meteor ore sticking out of the ground in a hump instead of a hole in the ground that makes the ground look all wonky. Of course, that would make obtaining it less of a challenge... which I suppose would be a bad thing.

There can be only a certain amount a meteorite ore present in the world. After that amount is reached meteorites won't fall anymore.
That's what I said, but it seems neko still wants them to spawn. Another possibility is maxing out the meteorite levels on your building world, and simply create a new world if you still want meteorite for whatever reason.

That's what I said, but it seems neko still wants them to spawn. Another possibility is maxing out the meteorite levels on your building world, and simply create a new world if you still want meteorite for whatever reason.

I like solutions that don't involve making a new world but yes I've already done this.
Anyways it wouldn't hurt to add an item (I don't know, SAM or something) that stops meteorites from spawning around it.

So I used all the treasure chests I gathered and placed them all across my map. Unfortunately the meteors have turned it into Swiss cheese! Lame that there's no other way to stop the meteors. :p

Back
Top Bottom