Portfolio/Multi-Topic A way to upgrade weapons

Jimgoguy

Steampunker
When playing terraria it often happens that one of your favorite weapons isn't useful anymore simply because it doesn't do enough damage. So you have to stop using them, but the mechanics for that weapon are found nowhere else like the the water bolt's unique bouncing mechanics. Sometimes the weapons have full upgrades like the minishark but not all weapons with unique mechanics have this so I propose that there be a new crafting station that allows you to upgrade weapons and tools. the materials used to upgrade weapons are souls of Pain which would be dropped from an end-game boss. Every soul of pain put in the crafting station will equal a one point of damge increase for the weapon until a cap damage for that weapon is reached. This way you could use weapons like the starfury even in late game. The crafting station would be called The power anvil and be crafted with 20 souls of pain. Please tell me what you think and suggestions you may have

yeah this idea wasn't good i have a better one here if you want to see it http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/weapon-upgrade-crafting-recipies.7678/

Last edited:
Oh gosh...
1) massive wall of text. Please organize.
2) the material drops from an endgame boss? You said you wanted to upgrade all weapons. But by the time you got the souls, the weapons would take hundreds to bring up to tier. Plus, you wouldnt be able to upgrade anything until the end of the game
3) there are plenty of suggestions for weapons that are succeeded by something else; for instance, the frost bolt, the stormfury, and many others. Some even exist in the game already, like phasesabers. Those would all make this redundant instantly.

It's not the worst idea ever, but seems just a bit redundant in my opinion. No support, at least for now.

badidea.gif

I don't think Red would like the idea of adding a second modifier to every weapon as well as rebalancing hundreds of weapons to make this change.
The amount of work required for this would be nightmarish.

It's a much better idea in my opinion if people would just share their favourite weapons and make up a recipe in order to create a new, better version of the weapons that seem really popular.

Also, you mention a pain-soul dropping boss, but fail to give any details.

Best GIF ever 10/10

OT: Why do you want to upgrade weapons? I for one don't want to see this because, the Terra Blade could get an upgrade. I kinda understand what you mean how the water bolt doesn't have a hardmode variant. (It might do)

It's not a terrible idea, but it definitely needs more fleshing out. Also please no more souls, we have enough all ready.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the suggestions ill start working on the organization now.
It's a much better idea in my opinion if people would just share their favourite weapons and make up a recipe in order to create a new, better version of the weapons that seem really popular.
Maybe we could still use the crafting station but only have unique weapons that are not recreated in hardmode

There's that too, yes. Hmm, what's left... Right. Fight. Knight. Bright. Tight. Bight. Bedight. Blight. Wight. Meh.
Plight, Byte, White, Write, Slight, Sprite.

I figure Fight as a boxing boss that flies around and tries to punch you with hammer fists. Mu-hammer Ali.
Drops the Butterfly Stinger. "Float light a butterfly, sting like Ali."

Since there is almost no reason to go to the underworld after the WoF is defeated Instead it could be a ore that starts growing in ash like chlorophyte called Magma

Back
Top Bottom